Sequel: Captain of My Life

Oh Captain, My Captain

Oh Captain, My Captain (Sidney Crosby) 004:

Chapter Four
“I can’t believe she said that to you!” my old friend, Mel told me as we stood at a little tables, taking back martinis at the bar in the hotel that I was staying at.

“I know, but you know, it’s my Mother, what are you going to do?” I said as I finished off my second martini.

“So did you bring her?” Mel asked.

“Sarabi?”

“Who else?”

“Of course I brought her! She’s upstairs!”

“Oh, I want to meet her! I’ve only seen pictures on Facebook!” Mel squealed and I laughed.

“Sure, let’s go see her!” I said and then laid some money down for our drinks and left the bar. We walked over towards the elevator and then went to my floor.

“You wanna go out tonight?” Mel asked as we walked onto my floor.

“Like where?”

“I don’t know, I haven’t seen you in four years, I wanna do something with my best friend!”

“Hey, you could have easily came out to L.A.!”

“Uh, what part of ‘no money’ don’t you understand?”

“And what part of ‘best friend has money’ don’t you understand?”

“Touché!”

“Thank you.” I said and laughed as I walked towards my door.

“Holy Horse!” Mel said as she saw what Sarabi looked like.

I laughed and then walked into my room and closed the door behind me, “She’s not even full grown yet.”

“You mean she gets bigger?” Mel asked shocked and I laughed and nodded my head.

“You knew that I grew up with Great Danes, so it was only natural that I was going to get my own.”

“Should have known.”

“Of course,” I laughed and then watched as Mel sat on the floor and started to play with Sarabi, “So what do you want to do?”

“Well, I don’t have work tomorrow, so I don’t know! Let’s have an all nighter!”

“All right, but that just brings me back to my question, ‘What are we going to do’?”
Mel laughed and then looked at me, “Let’s get wasted!”

“Mel, you know how I feel about that!”

“Girl, you need to relax. By the way, how long do I have you?”

“I leave Sunday,” I said and she looked at the calendar on her phone.

“So I get you for a week, awesome.”

“Yeah, and then I get my ass in gear and start training.”

“Did you meet any of your teammates yet?”

“Just my Captain.”

“Crosby?!” I laughed and nodded my head. Mel’s been a big Crosby fan since the day that I could remember, “How hot is he?”

“Um,” I laughed nervous because it was just like Mel to be all boy crazy.

“Is he as gorgeous as he looks on TV?”

“Uh.”

“Alex! Come on! Don’t hold out on me!”

“He’s cute, I guess.”

“I GUESS?!”

“Yeah, I mean, he’s my Captain.”

“Oh my God! When was the last time you got laid?!” she asked and my eyes went wide.

“Melanie!”

“I’m serious! Since the time I met you until now, it’s always been about hockey! You’re around all of these guys and please tell me you’ve slept with one or two of them! Hell, I don’t care if you slept with the whole team!”

I sighed and shook my head, “Still the same Mel.”

“Well?”

“No Mel, I haven’t slept with anyone.”

“Ever?!”

I groaned and laid back on my bed, “Oh my God! Alexandra! You pure poor Saint!”

“Shut up! It’s not like it was by choice! Do you know how hard-“

“Oh no, here comes the speech-“

“Yes! The speech! I worked my ass off to get where I am now!”

“So then don’t sleep with a hockey player.”

I shook my head, “Wouldn’t matter. It’s all a part of that freaking double standard shit.”

“Ah yes, he does it, it's ok. We do it, we’re whores.”

“You are a whore, Mel.”

“Thank you.”

“Any time.”

“Ok, so don’t sleep with him. Just have a little fun,” Mel said as she then stood up and looked at me, “Now, we need to whore you up a little.”

“I don’t have any clothes like that Mel,” I muttered as Sarabi jumped onto the bed and laid next to me.

“Well, why the hell not?”

“Because, I’m not the party girl type.”

“Well what did you wear when you went out to celebrate after winning the cup? And don’t tell me you didn’t go out, because I’ll know that you’re lying.”

“Um,” I paused to try and remember, “That’s a very good question.”

“Alex!”

“What? Ok, so one time I get wasted! But give me a break, we were celebrating!”

Mel shook her head and then started to look through my luggage. I sighed and then laid my head on Sarabi’s stomach and then looked at her, “Your Auntie Mel is coco for cocoa puffs.”

“I heard that!” Mel yelled and I laughed, “Alex! You literally have nothing in here!”

“Because I didn’t expect to be going out.”

“Well if you’re gunna hang with me, you should have known.”

“I know, stupid me.”

“You came unprepared.”

“I’ve realized that, Captain Obvious.”

“We’re just gunna have to go to my house and get some clothes.”

“Mel, you’re clothes won’t fit me. I’m bigger than you.”

“Sweetie that is pure muscle on your body, and that is sexy as shit, and I already know the dress in my closet that will look good on you.”

“I can hardly wait,” I muttered and then felt Mel pull my leg.

“Let’s go.”

“GO WHERE?!”