Sequel: Captain of My Life

Oh Captain, My Captain

Oh Captain, My Captain (Sidney Crosby) 041:

Chapter Forty One
-Sidney-
It was the third period and the score was now tied, two to two. Alex seemed to have a target or something on her back, because some of the Bruins were constantly on her ass every time she was even near the puck. Letang even took a penalty in the second period because Bruins #54 Adam McQuaid charged at Alex and threw her into the boards. The team stood up on the bench and leaned over to see if she was going to get up because it sounded like it hurt. She got up after a few seconds and then Kris went after the guy even though he was already being escorted off the ice by refs because charging was bad and could lead to a person being benched for a few games.

The rest of that period, Alex saw on the bench and didn’t move. I could tell that she was in pain, but she was too stubborn to ask for help. When we were in the locker room during the second intermission, she was asked to take her uniform so that Doc could check to see if see was damaged in any way, she wasn’t, but that didn’t mean that she didn’t bruise anything.

The third period was almost over and I could see this game going into overtime if we didn’t do something soon. Alex was on the ice for a few seconds throughout the period, but nothing really happened and she managed to use good reflexes and dodge a few attacks that were for her.

-Alex-
‘…Shit…’ I thought as I saw that we were going into overtime.

Coach tapped my shoulder to go out onto the ice and I jumped over the wall and skated onto the ice. Sidney and Dupuis were in the penalty box, along with Bruins #20 Daniel Paille. Sidney for tripping, Dupuis for boarding and Paille for icing, yeah, the last two minutes of the third period were a little crazy.

Orpik, Geno and I were on the ice and I was going to face off against Brandon who was on the ice with Lucic, Horton and #19 Tyler Seguin.

“We’re gunna win this, Alex,” Brandon said as he skated into the face of circle and I smirked.

“Now what have I told you about livin’ in the clouds.”

He smirked and then shook his head. We bent down and got our sticks ready as the ref then dropped the puck and let Brandon have it because I had a plan.

When I saw that I was going to face off against Brandon, I let Geno and Orpik in on my plan and they agreed to go through with it, because it might just win the game.

Brandon skated down towards Vokoun and I wasn’t going to have that, Orpik skated around him quickly, and pulled off a move that I usually use, stealing the puck and passing it to Geno. Geno passed it down the ice to me, because I was already by the goaltender. I put all of my strength shooting that puck, I heard my stick snap in half and I saw the puck make impact with the goaltender, and I thought that he had managed to block it, but then he fell back and dropped the put and it was a goal. The crowd was going crazy and I could hear the boys cheering.

My eyes widened as I stood there shocked at what had just happened, I couldn’t believe that went in. The game was over and the Penguins beat the Bruins in overtime, three to two. The team surrounded me, praising me for a good job and Geno and Orpik came over and told me that my plan worked and I was so happy.

I skated out of the players circle and found Brandon by his team, I skated over towards him and took my glove off, I could feel my teammates’ eyes on my back, watching me to make sure that I wasn’t going to do something stupid. I saw Brandon’s team watching me as Brandon skated forward. He took his glove off and we shook hands and he congratulated me and told me that I did well.

“But don’t let this go to your head, Alex. We’ll win on Sunday,” he said as he smirked and then winked towards me and headed back over towards his team, and I did as well.

“You girl have balls!” Craig Adams said and I laughed and he patted my helmet.

We skated over towards the corner of the ice where we were going to get off and head back towards the locker room. Everyone was excited about beating the Bruins and they cheered as they took their showers and changed into casual clothes.

When I was packing up my bag after I changed into jeans and a nice shirt, because I was now going out with my family for dinner, when a reporter came right up to me and started to ask questions about today’s game. I quickly answered them all because I was in a hurry, because Brandon was going to meet me at my car so that we could head over towards the restaurant that we were going to meet his parents and brother, our cousins and my Dad at.

I said bye to the boys and then headed out of the igloo and walked over towards my car to see Brandon already there. We got in and then headed over towards the restaurant to meet up without family.

“Nice moves today,” he said and I smirked.

“Thank you.”

“I hadn’t realized that you get a lot better. I guess the Penguins ended up helping you,” he said and I looked at him.

“Well I would have to say that the Bruins did the same for you,” I said and he snorted, “I’m serious! You’ve got some major goals on your stats!”

“I hate that team, I’d rather go back to the Stars,” he said and I was a little confused.

“Why?”

“Because they’re just a bunch of assholes that would rather hurt someone to get the puck rather than coming up with a plan,” he said sounding frustrated.

“Like we’re use to,” I said understanding what he was saying.

“Exactly! Oh, and by the way, I’d be very careful on Sunday’s game, you’re on serious Lucic radar. He’s really pissed.”

“So he’s like Ovechkin.”

“Pretty much,” he said and I sighed.

“Perfect. Isn’t he married?”

“Yeah! But do you think that marriage means anything to that guy?”

“Guess not,” I said and then shook my head, “I appreciate the warning, but I’ll be fine. I’ll come up with a plan.”

“All right- Oh, by the way, what’s this whole ‘girlfriend’ thing that you still haven’t told me about,” he said and I laughed and I explained to him about Sidney and I, “So you and Crosby? Huh, can’t say that I saw that one coming. Does he treat you good?”

“He’s very good to me. I’m lucky to have him,” I said with a bright smile on my face because just thinking about him made a smile form on my face.

“You’ve softened.”

“What?!”

“What happened to career first, relationship later?”

“I don’t know, it wasn’t like that’s the reason I came to Pittsburgh. It just happened!” I said as we pulled into the restaurant parking lot. I saw Dad’s car, which everyone ended up going in, well except Mel and Sam, and parked my car by it, “He spent Christmas with me,” I said as I turned the car off and looked at Brandon’s surprised face, “He chose to have Christmas with me instead of going home to his family because he didn’t want me to spend it alone. My parents showed up for a visit, and when my Mom started with me, he defended me and chased my Mother off. I’ve never been with someone like him, and I don’t really know how I made it as far as I did without him.”

“Sounds like you really love him,” Brandon said and I smiled and looked at him.

“I do,” I said and he smiled.

“Well as long as he taking care of you, that’s all I’m concerned about. And don’t worry, I won’t tell anyone, I understand why you’re keeping it on a down low,” he said and I hugged him.

“You’re the best.”

“I know.”

We both got out of the car and walked over towards our family and walked into the restaurant to have a late dinner.