Sequel: Captain of My Life

Oh Captain, My Captain

Oh Captain, My Captain (Sidney Crosby) 044:

Chapter Forty Four
“Man that was a tough game!” Dustin commented as we walked into the locker room and sat down.

We just lost against the Rangers and some of the team was upset. Sidney and I were mad because Coach barely put us on the ice, and I’m not saying that’s why we lost, but I’m not saying that that was why we didn’t win either. Sidney is the Captain, and he gives hope for these boys, and for him not to be able to give that, it’s just sad. We play the Bruins tomorrow afternoon for the second time; I hope that Coach decides to play us, because I don’t know what’ll happen.

Once everyone showered and changed I went out to my car and drove home to meet up with my family. I walked into the house and saw that they were crowded around the TV.

“We saw the game, sorry Alex,” Amanda said and I nodded my head.

“It happens,” I said and then threw my bag by the washer and dryer.

I rubbed my face and then walked up stairs to my room. When I walked into my room I saw Sarabi lying in her bed and I walked over towards her and pet her headed.

“Hey,” I turned around to see Mel and Sam walking in, “Is there something wrong?”

“Coach didn’t want to play Sidney or I today.”

“Yeah, we noticed that you weren’t on the ice much. Why?” Sam asked.

“Because he found out about us,” I said and Mel sighed and then she and Sam walked over to hug me.

“It’ll be all right, Alex,” Sam said as she rubbed my back.

“So where is he now?” Mel asked.

“Probably at home, we’re trying to keep our distance,” I said and I rubbed my face and then fell back onto my head, “I’m so stupid!”

“Why? For finding someone who loves you and would do anything for you?!” Mel yelled and I looked at her, “Alex, you’re not stupid! It’s them who are stupid for making this a big deal.”

“She’s right, you’re a damn good player, and you’ve never done anything bad to jeopardize your career, nothing bad has ever been said about you. So if the league makes something out of nothing, then they’re asking for trouble,” Sam said and I smiled towards my girls.

“Thanks,” I said and they nodded their heads.

“Get some sleep, you look like shit, we’re just ordering pizza and wings tonight,” Mel said and I nodded my head and kicked off my sneakers.

“Night,” Sam said and I waved to her and then heard them leave the room.

I felt Sarabi jump up onto my bed and then lay down next to me. I smiled towards her and kissed the side of her head, “You still love me right?” I asked and Sarabi pulled her head over and licked my face. I laughed a little and then kissed her head and laid down next to her after wiping my face.

-Sidney-
“We going over Alex’s?” Geno asked and I shook my head ‘no’, “Why? You two have a lovers spat or something?”

“Coach found out.”

“No! How?” he said surprised.

“I was in her hotel room hiding in her bathroom and YOU texted me and my phone went off, he heard it and we were busted.”

“Oh, damn that sucks. Sorry, but uh, why does that you can’t be around Alex?”

“Because Coach said that the-“

“Man who cares what Coach says! Dude, I can tell that you love Alex, if I was you, I wouldn’t give a damn what the hell Coach says, or even what the league would say, if they say anything at all!” Geno lectured and I sighed, “Sid, get your ass up and go over to Alex! You honestly look pathetic right now.”

“Is that why Coach didn’t use you and Alex today?” James asked and I nodded my head.

“Man, that’s bullshit!” he said and I nodded my head.

“Come on, Sid!” Geno said as he walked over towards the door.

“You two go, I’m going to bed,” I said and then walked over towards my room and shut the door.

-Geno-
James and I drove over towards Alex’s house and then walked through the door and up the stairs. We saw her family eating pizza and I saw Mel and walked over towards her.

“Hey babe,” I said and then kissed her cheek, “Where’s Alex?”

“Up in her room sleeping,” she said and I sighed.

“Not her too,” I groaned and then I walked up the stairs and went to her room.

I knocked on the door, but no response, I sighed and then opened the door to see Alex sleeping on her bed next to Sarabi. When I closed the door behind me, Sarabi’s head perked up and she looked at me. I walked over towards her and pet her head as I placed a hand on Alex’s shoulder and shook her, calling her name to wake her up. She moved and then groaned eyes still closed Alex stretched and then looked at me.

“Geno? What are you doing here?”

“We need to talk,” I said and she sighed and sat up.

“About what?”

“Listen, I know that Coach knows about you and Sidney,” I said and she nodded her head, “I don’t get why the two of you just don’t go public now. Do you really care what people think of you?”

She looked at me and smirked, “I’ve never seen this side of you before, Geno.”

“What side?”

“The intelligent one.”

“Oh you must be feeling better if you’re cracking jokes,” I teased and she laughed, “But listen Alex, Sidney loves you, and I’m pretty sure that you love him, so why care what others think about the two of you together.”

She looked at me and then jumped up and wrapped her arms around my neck, “Thanks Geno.”

I smiled and then hugged her back and kissed her head, “You’re like a little sister to me, Alex. I’m glad to help,” we backed away and then I dug in my pocket for my keys and gave her my apartment key, “Go see him. He’s just as depressed as you are.”

She nodded her head and then jumped up from her bed and ran out of her door, “Man, I should me the love Doctor.”

-Alex-
I drove over towards Sidney’s apartment and walked in; using the key that Geno gave me. I’ve only been here a few times, so I had to remember what room was Sidney’s. I walked down the hallway and opened the first door on my left.

‘…This might be Geno’s room…’ I thought as I closed the door and opened the one on across from it to find the bathroom, ‘…That’s not it…’ I walked down the hall and saw two other doors, opening the one I found it to be maybe James’ room, ‘…So this one has to be it…’

I opened the door and saw that the shades were down and a figure lying on the bed. I sighed and then walked in and over towards the bed. I saw that Sidney was lying on his stomach with his arms tucked under his pillow. I smiled and then bent down and the kissed his cheek. I saw his eyes flutter open and then he looked at me.

“Alex? What are you doing here?”

“I wanted to see you, I wanted to tell you that I don’t care what the league says,” I said and he sat up in his bed and looked at me.

“Geno got to you didn’t he.”

“He talked some sense into me,” I answered confused onto why Sidney wasn’t happy.

“Alex,” he said and I bit the inside of my lip because I had a feeling that I knew where this was going, “Look, maybe Coach is right, maybe-“

“Excuse me, but aren’t you the one that said that he knew that everything would be all right?”

“Yeah, but, if it isn’t, do you really want to risk our careers? I mean, you saw today! Coach barely used us!”

I nodded my head annoyed and then shook my head, “I thought you would have like this decision.”

“Alex, it’s not that!”

“You know what! Screw you! I’m the one who decided to risk my career when I kissed you back on Christmas. I did it because I felt the same way about you that you did about me, at least I thought so.”

“Do pull that, Alex. I never said that I didn’t feel that same way about you,” he said as he stood up and looked at me.

“Yeah whatever, where’s that guy that always snuck into my hotel room, or always came over my house not afraid of being caught-“

“He was caught and it didn’t feel good,” he said and I sighed and shook my head.

“Ok Sidney,” I said and then walked over towards the door, “This was a waste of time.”

“Alex wait!” he yelled as I walked out of the room and headed for the door to go back home.

“Go away,” I said and then left and headed for my car.

I drove home leaving Sidney and pulled into my driveway. I walked into my house and up the stairs to see that my family was out in the backyard playing with the dogs.

“How’d it go?”

I turned around to see Geno sitting on the counter with Mel. I glared towards him and then walked up the stairs towards my room not wanting to see anyone.