Sequel: Captain of My Life

Oh Captain, My Captain

Oh Captain, My Captain (Sidney Crosby) 005:

Chapter Five
“I can’t believe you brought me here,” I yelled over the music as Mel had my hand and drug me through the Hardware bar in downtown Wilkes-Barre.

“All the AHL players come here.”

“Mel, they’re not going to be here! It’s not in season!”

“You’d be surprised on who you’ll find here,” she yelled and I sighed and followed her over towards the bar.

The music was loud and pounding in my ears, it was a song I’ve never heard, so it wasn’t even like I could sing along to it.

“What can I get for you?” the bartender asked and I looked at him and ordered a Captain Coke. Once he finished making my drink he smirked towards me and placed it in front of me, “One Captain Coke for the pretty lady.”

“Thanks.”

“No prob- Oh man, you’re Alex Conners!”

My eyes widened a little and then I smirked, “Nice to meet you.”

“Oh shit, you’re actually Alex Conners!” he said and then pointed up his finger to hold on.

‘…And it begins…’ I thought as I looked over towards Mel to see her flirting with some guy.

The bartender came back with three other guys and they all looked at me, “Can we get a picture with you?”

“Sure,” I smiled and they jumped over the bar and stood around me.

“This is so awesome!” the one guy said and I laughed.

Two boys stood on my left and two on my right and they found another guy to take the picture. Before I knew it, I was being attacked by people wanting to get my autograph, or get a picture with me and it was getting overwhelming. Mel ended up having to come to my rescue and drag me out of the bar.

“Thanks,” I said and she nodded her head.

“Ok, so we know not to go back there anytime soon.”

“Did you score any numbers?”

“Three actually.”

“Will you call them?”

“Probably not,” she said and I laughed, “Let’s head out, I’m not ready to go home yet.”

“Well where to now? Any bar that I go to I’m going to be recognized and that’s going to happen again!”

“Good point,” Mel said and then got her phone out and played on it for a few minutes.

I sighed and then looked at my phone to see that I had a few messages. Most from my old teammates asking how I was doing, but one that stood out to me, I had a text from my Captain, Sidney Crosby. Before I could even open the text, I had a smile on my face, and I didn’t know why.

“What are you smiling about?” Mel asked and she looked at my phone, “Is that the Sidney Crosby?”

“Yeah.”

“Oh my God! Answer it!”

I opened the text and laughed when I saw the text; ‘How’s the party with the rents going? You having a blast?’

I laughed and then hit reply; ‘Ditched the rents, it just wasn’t happening. With an old friend tonight and being attacked by fans.’

He replied right away and I looked at Mel to see that she was on the phone with someone; ‘Sorry about your rents. But being attacked comes with the territory, have fun with that.’

I hit reply; ‘Don’t worry I wasn’t killed.’

I placed the phone in my pocket and then looked at Mel to see that she was smiling towards me, “What?”

“You and Mr. Golden boy?”

“Shut up! He’s my Captain!”

“Who cares! Come on, we’re gunna meet some people at the Grill.”

“The Grill?”

“Yeah.”

“The hockey bar? Okay, yeah sure, have the hockey player who’s trying to keep a low profile into the hockey bar. Yeah that makes total sense!”

“Shut up and let’s go!”

“So demanding!” I said and then we headed over towards Mel’s car and headed over towards the Grill. When we got to the Grill and waited in the parking lot, “Who are we waiting for?”

“You’ll see,” she said and I felt my phone go off, “That Sidney?”

“Yeah,” I said as I saw his name appear on my Iphone.

I smirked and shook my head when I saw the message; ‘I wasn’t worried.’

I hit reply; ‘Of course you weren’t. If I died, who was going to beat you on a one-on-one game?’

“They’re here,” Mel said and I looked at her and then looked to see where she was looking towards.

“Is that who I think it is?” I asked shocked to see the two people walking towards us.

“Yup.”

“OH MY GOD!!!” I yelled and ran out of the car and towards the two people coming towards us, “SAM! STEPH!”

“ALEX!” they yelled and we ran towards each other and then hugged one another.

“I missed you guys so much!” I yelled as I hugged them and then squealed and jumped up and down, "Oh My God, Sam! Your hair!"

“We missed you too!” Steph said.

"You like?!" Sam asked because she use to be a blonde, but she died her hair dark brown.

"I love it! What are you guys doing here?” I asked because Steph lived in Boston, Massachusetts and Sam lived about an hour or so away from here, in the middle of nowhere.

“We came into town for an event at Wilkes,” Sam said and I laughed.
Wilkes was the local University that they had both graduated from and I smiled, “I guess I timed my visit right.”

“Yes you did!” Steph laughed and then hugged me again.

“Come on, let’s get inside,” Mel said and then the four of us walked into the building.

“I’m sorry, our tables are all filled,” the hostess said and I sighed.

“What? It’s not even eleven yet!”

“Sorry,” she said and I shook my head and placed it on Mel’s shoulder.

“Come on, we’ll go somewhere else.”

“Hold it!”

I turned around when I heard the voice, “Oh god,” I smirked and shook my head when I saw the last person I expected walking towards us.

“Alexandra Conners, man I never thought that I’d see you again.”

“Nice to see you, Luke,” I said and laughed as he hugged me.

“It’s all right, Tracy, they’re with me,” Luke said and she nodded her head and then let us pass, “Man, it’s good to see you.”

“Yeah, what’s it been? Four, five years?”

“Six actually.”

“Wow, that it long.”

“So who are your friends?” he asked and I smiled and turned around to see Mel, Sam and Steph looking awkward.

“These are my girls, Mel, Sam and Steph, girls, this is Luke, I went to high school with him.”

“Man, we had some good times in high school.”

“You might have, all I wanted to do was go out and get onto the ice.”

“I’ll never forget the first time you tired to get me to go ice skating.”

“You fell on your ass too many times to remember.”

“The little six year old girl skated past me and laughed at me.”

“And then you decided to crawl back to the door,” I laughed and then shook my head, “Good times.”

“Yeah, so what are you back in town for?”

“I came back to catch up with Mel, but Sam and Steph were in town, so we decided to make it a party.”

“Sounds like fun, the boys and I are here to watch some past season football games.”

“Oh course, you and your football.”

“Just like you and your hockey,” he flirted and I smirked, “Why don’t you ladies come over to our table and I’ll buy you a drink.”

“Thanks,” Sam, Steph and Mel said and I smirked.

It didn’t take long for people to figure out who I was at the Grill and wanted to get my picture or autograph. The girls and I ended up sharing a pitcher of beer with Luke and his boys, and then decided to head out because it was close to two in the morning by the time we left.

I said bye to Sam and Steph and told them that any time they wanted to see a game to let me know. Mel dropped me off at my hotel and I told her the same thing. Hopefully I would be able to see her again before I left.

I went to my room and went to bed, because I would need to get up in a few hours for breakfast with my father, this should be fun.