Sequel: Captain of My Life

Oh Captain, My Captain

Oh Captain, My Captain (Sidney Crosby) 051:

Chapter Fifty One
Any trouble I had getting up before was long gone. When I saw her by ass was up and I was over the couch.

"Hello Alex."

"Don't 'hello Alex' me! What the hell are you doing here?" I asked as I stood in front of her. Eric moved from the stairwell and I nudged my head for him to go back to the others.

"I wanted to see you."

"What makes you think that I wanted to see you!" I barked and I heard someone say my name but was stopped, "Did you even come to see me when I was in the hospital?! Does Dad even know that you're here?"

"Now Alex! I'm your mother! What makes you think that you have a right to tell me that I can't be here?!"

"When you're standing on property that belongs to me, Mother," I hissed and she smirked, "Why are you here?"

"I had to drop off some divorce papers at your fathers. I know he lives in Pittsburgh, but I don't know where," she said and I snorted, "Will you give these to him?"

She handed me papers and I took them and looked at them, "What the hell is this?"

"A paper saying that everything is mine, the house, the cars, the money, everything."

I scanned the paper and looked at towards her, "Not everything."

"Oh?"

"If it's money you want fine take, I'm sure Dad doesn't give a rats ass about it, if he needed anything, I have plenty of it. I just hope you know, that he has something that you don't."

"What's that?"

"A daughter," I said and then threw the papers onto the table that was behind the couch. I looked at her to see that her eyes looked a little teary but I knew they were fake, "Don't pretend to have a hissy fit in front of my company Mother, it's childish!"

She cleaned up fast and then huffed, "After all that I went through, after how you treated me growing up-"

"How I treated you? How I treated you? Really Mother? Did you hit your head before you came over here? Smoke something? Are you freakin' high?!" I yelled and she looked taken back, "I'm not getting into this. Just go away."

-Sidney-
We were all getting a show tonight. Alex's mother gave a surprise visit and now the two of them were arguing back and forth. Vero tried to say something to Alex about how she was talking to her mother, but Marc stopped her, saying that her mom deserved this.

When Alex told her mother to just go away, she didn't take it very kindly. My eyes widened as I saw her mother smack her across the face and call her an ungrateful bitch, it was Christmas Eve all over again. I jumped up and hopped over the couch while everyone stood up. Zeus was off of James' lap and was barking and growling, Sarabi then got up and I saw Eric holding onto her collar as James and Geno went for Zeus. Alex was about to punch her mother, but I got there in time to grab her arm when it was only inches away from her mother's face.

"I suggest you leave," I said not even looking at her mother.

"You again!"

"I'd leave lady!" I heard Eric said as Sarabi growled from next to him.

"Kathleen, can't you see that Alex doesn't want you in her life anymore!" Mel yelled and Alex's arm dropped and I pulled her back.

"Go away," Alex said and then turned back and walked over towards the couch, "You're not welcomed here."

She turned around and left and everyone looked back towards Alex to see that she was sitting where she was before and she hit 'play' on the remote to play the movie. I sighed and walked into the kitchen to see her mother pulling out of the driveway. I walked downstairs and made sure that the door was locked and then walked upstairs to see Geno in the kitchen making some popcorn. He gave me this look and I just nodded my head, knowing what he was thinking. Yup, that was Alex's mother.

I walked over and sat on the couch back where I originally was and we all acted like nothing had happened. But when I looked over towards Alex, I sighed and then kissed her head and she leaned against me. I started to play with her hair as she placed a pillow on my lap and laid her head down. Alex curled her legs up close to her and I saw Kris throw a pill on her legs and then lean back. I smiled towards that because I remember Kris yelling at the one game, someone made a comment about Alex and Kris got a penalty for beating the crap out of him, saying that no one talks bad about my little sister.

By the middle of the movie I could hear Alex sleeping and I looked at my watch to see that it was a little after ten thirty at night. I looked around and saw that just about everyone was asleep and I smirked and then got myself comfortable and laid my head back against the couch and shut my eyes.

-Alex-
"Come on boys! Let's go! Move it!" I yelled from my seats and watched as Kris had the puck and skated down the ice, "YEAH!!! All right Kris!" Score!

"It seems that the boys are playing better now that they know that you're all right," Vero said and I smiled.

The boys were playing against the Canadiens and leading with two points. It was the middle of the second period and Sam, Mel, Vero and I were in the box watching the game and seeing how they're playing a lot better than they were a few days ago.

"I wonder how they're going to play against the Bruins again on Friday?" Sam asked and I nodded my head.

"I heard that Lucic only got a slap on the wrist," Mel said and I snorted.

"Figured."

"But you did break his nose," Sam laughed and I smirked.

"He's just lucky that's all I did, and he's damn lucky I'm not on the ice on Friday, because it would get personal."

"He hasn't been getting a good reaction from his fans though," Vero said and I looked at her, "Ticket sales have gone down, and season ticket holders aren't showing up."

"That's stupid," I said and they looked at me shocked, "One person screws up and the whole team suffers, it's so stupid."

"I guess you have a point. And for those season ticket holders, they spent thousands of dollars on them, why not go? That's a waste!"

"Exactly!"

The buzzard rang, Penguins got another goal! I looked down to see that Sidney had gotten the goal and he was pointing up towards the box with a big smile on his face. I smiled down towards him and Mel nudged my side.

The second period was over and I decided that I was going to get something to eat, so I walked into the box and over towards the pizza tray that was sitting on top of the bar. I grabbed a slice and then grabbed a bottle of beer and walked back out towards the seats.

"These are good seats," Vero said and Mel, Sam and I snorted.

"We're use to sitting in glass seats," Mel said and Sam laughed.

"And I'm use to being on the ice," I said sadly.

"Don't worry, Alex, you'll be on the ice before you know it," Vero said as she patted my knee.

"Thanks, but I hope soon, there's only four more games left in the season. And we have to win all four of them if we want to make it to the play-offs," I explained and they nodded their head.

By the end of the game, the Penguins won six to three and we were excited and wanted to go down to the locker room to see them. As we walked down my name was being called and I turned around to see a bunch of reporters coming at me. I told the girls to go on ahead and I answered all of the questions that they asked. Mostly they asked how I was feeling and when I was going to be back onto the ice, but when I answered just about all of their questions I snuck away and headed towards the locker room.

"Alex!"

I turned around to see Sidney walking towards me, still in his uniform, heading towards the locker room. I smiled towards him as he stood in front of me. Without his skates on, Sidney was a few inches taller than me, but them on, and me without my skates on, I was standing in front of a giant.

"Congrats," I said and he took his helmet and gloves off, "How do you feel, Mr. Crosby?" acting like a reporter.

"Good, did you see my goal?"

"I did, nicely done."

"I made it for you," he said and placed his hand on my waist and smiled towards me.

"Well thank you," I said and placed my hands on his chest, sad only able to feel the padding. I reached up and he finished the gap and pressed his lips to mine. When we released and he smiled towards me and I patted his chest, "Go take a shower, you smell."