Sequel: Captain of My Life

Oh Captain, My Captain

Oh Captain, My Captain (Sidney Crosby) 054:

Chapter Fifty Four
-Geno-
“Look at those two,” I said as I saw how Alex and Sidney were fast asleep on the plane, “The door to the planes not even closed and those two are already asleep,” I said and then looked over towards James and saw that his head was down and he was asleep too, “Oh come on!”

“Face it Geno, those three got lucky last night, and we didn’t!” Kris said and I snorted and shook my head.

“Lucky bastards.”

“Well where was Mel?”

“She was sleeping by the time I got home,” I said and Kris nodded.

I looked over towards Alex and Sidney and saw that Sidney had the aisle seat and Alex had the window. She had her legs crossed over one another and had her arms linked around Sidney’s left arm and she was leaning her head on his shoulder. I shook my head when I saw that Sidney had his right leg up and his ankle rested it on his left knee, his hand was on her knee and his head was on top of hers.

“Blackmail,” Eric said as he turned around from his seat in front of them and took a picture of them.

“How is it blackmail if they’re already public?” I asked and he looked at me and then I heard him curse and then turn back around.

-Alex-
I looked around to see that we were in the air; I stretched and looked around to see that some of the guys were sleeping, while some of them were just talking to one another.

“Hey, you’re awake!” I turned around to see that Marc was looking at me. I nodded my head and then yawned, “Not a morning person, are you?” I shook my head and he laughed, “Neither is Romeo I guess, or were you two a little ‘busy’ last night,” I snorted and then turned back around, “Thought so.”

“Shut up, Marc.”

The plane finally landed and we quickly grabbed our bags and we sent to the bus that was going to take us to the hotel. The game wasn’t until tomorrow afternoon, but the Senators had told us that we could use their rink tonight for some practice. Naturally we agreed, so by the time we got to the hotel, we had to leave again to go to the rink.

Practice went well, and by the time we got back to the hotel it was after dark and we were all tired and hungry. Geno said that the guys were going to a place to eat and I sighed and managed to get myself up and drag myself to go with them. We managed to find this diner after walking for like a half hour, and I was so close to killing the boys too, and went in to get something to eat.

When we were in the middle of eating, I heard some commotion and turned around to see that there were some of the players from the Senators walking in and heading our way.

“Oh come on,” Kris muttered and I stared at him and he sighed.

We were at an eight seat table with Sidney, myself, Geno and James on one side and Eric, Kris, Dustin and Pascal Dupuis on the other, Marc showed up late so he had to drag a chair over and sit on the end. I tapped Kris’ leg and stared him down telling him not to do anything stupid.

“Hey there Alex.”

I turned around to see about two of the Senators walking over towards our table while the other three took a seat at the bar. I saw that Senators defenseman, #3 Marc Methot was standing behind me, I gave him an awkward smile and then eyed Sidney to see that he looked angry.

“Hi.”

“Glad to see that you’re back,” he said and that’s when I got the smell of alcohol on his breath.

‘…Great…’ I thought and sighed, “Thanks.”

“Come on man, let’s go,” Marc’s teammate, #65 Erik Karlsson said.

“Naw man, hold on, I’m talkin’ here,” Sidney was about to say something, with his fists, until I threw my hand on his arm and gripped it tightly. Methot saw this and smirked and then leaned against my chair, “Now I didn’t notice it before, but you’re a lot hotter in person.”

Kris, Geno and Sidney stood up and my head snapped around and I hissed a ‘sit’, they did but it wasn’t like they wanted to. I looked at him and saw that his arm was getting closer towards my shoulder, “Sweetie listen here-”

“I like how you have them wrapped around your little finger,” he said and I sighed and scratched my forehead, “You can wrap me around your finger any time.”

“Ok, Marc, honestly man, come on!”

“I’d listen to him, Marc,” Sidney growled and I stood up.

“You’re drunk, go home and get ready for the game tomorrow,” I said and he smirked and placed his hand on my waist.

“Only if you come with me.”

“I’d suggest you remove your hand before I break it. I take it you’re right handed, it’d be a shame to not be able to use your hand tomorrow,” I threatened and he took as a joke and moved his hand to my ass, “Honestly, why do you people not take me seriously?”

“Marc, enough let’s go.”

I had it when he decided to grab my ass. All the guys stood up, but I was able to handle the situation when I took his hand and bent it back. He was on his knees and trying to make me release my grip, but I wasn’t. I looked up towards Karlsson and then saw the other teammates heading over, “I suggest you get your friend out of here, before I DO break his hand,” I said and he nodded his head and then scooped up Methot and motioned for his other teammates to leave.

“Sorry, he’s drunk.”

“And I’m pissed, but that doesn’t change anything, now get the hell out of here!” I hissed and he nodded his head and they were gone. I sat back down and looked at my food and sighed, “I’m not hungry anymore.”

“You handled that well,” Dupuis said and I snorted.

“You guys didn’t.”

“Come on, Alex!” Kris said and I looked at him.

“Don’t ‘come on, Alex’ me, Kris. I might be a girl, but I’m able to handle things on my own,” I said then sighed, “I’m going back to the hotel.”

“Let me come with you,” Sidney said and I shook my head.

“You eat, I’ll see you later,” I said and then kissed his cheek and walked out of the diner heading back to the hotel.

-Sidney-
“She’s pissed,” Eric said and I sighed and nodded my head.

I cursed and then shook my head, “Why does this always happen?”

“Because you have an attractive girlfriend, just like we have an attractive teammate,” Dupuis said and I sighed, “We’re like her big brothers and she’s starting to realize that now, and she’s getting embarrassed.”

“Embarrassed? Why?” I asked.

“Because she grew up all on her own, she taught herself how to defend herself. When we interfere the way that we did, she thinks that we think that she’s too weak to handle her own problems,” James said and we all looked at him shocked.

“Where the hell did that come from?!” Geno asked and we laughed.

“Basically what James said,” Dupuis said and I sighed.

“So what am I suppose to do? Let every man go up to her and hit on her?”

“Pretty much,” he said and I shook my head, “Look, I know how you feel, my wife is the same way, and it took me a long time before I realized that I just had to let the situation go until it got too out of hand.”

“And you’ve met Vero,” Marc said and we nodded her head, “Her and Alex are a lot alike, just like Pascal’s wife. Women are just brought up differently than men. Come on, Sid, look at your sister, and think about how she feels.”

“Why? What about Taylor?”

“Does she have a boyfriend?” Eric asked.

“Hell no!”

“Exactly, just because of who you are, the boys are afraid to come up to her.”

“Please, my sister could kick any of their asses,” I said and smirked.

“Then what’s the difference between Taylor and Alex?” Marc asked and I sighed understanding what he meant.

“He’s not sleeping with his sister,” James said and I snorted and pushed his head jokingly.

“And his intelligence is gone again,” Geno said and we laughed.

“Well he isn’t?”

“Shut up, James!”