Sequel: Captain of My Life

Oh Captain, My Captain

Oh Captain, My Captain (Sidney Crosby) 055:

Chapter Fifty Five
-Alex-
“That was a short trip,” I said as I packed my bags and got ready to get back onto the plane.

We had won the game against the Senators, and during the middle of the game, some of the guys were getting a little mouthy with Methot, but none of them put a finger on him. I barely talked to anyone about what had happened yesterday, I hated talking about bad memories.

We were back on the plane again heading for New Jersey to play against the Devils. I was so tired last night, but I could barely sleep because my mind was moving a mile a minute. I kept thinking about how the guys are constantly standing up for me and it was making me feel like I was a weakling, and I didn’t like that feeling.

-Sidney-
After winning against both the Senators and the Devils, we were finally heading home. All the guys were worried about Alex because she wasn’t excited like she usual was about winning a game, especially a game against the Devils. When we finally got back to Pittsburgh and back to the igloo, Alex just got in her car and left.

“What’s wrong with her?” Coach asked and we all shrugged our shoulders.

I felt eyes on me and turned around to see that the team was staring at me, “I didn’t do anything! I don’t think I did anything at least.”

“Man Sid, I think you’re in the dog house,” Kunitz said as he walked past me and patted my back, “Good luck!”

I tilted my head back and groaned and then looked to see that my team was still staring at me, “I didn’t do anything!”

“Sid, let me let you in on a little secret of non single men,” Craig Adams said as he walked over towards me and then placed his hand on my shoulder, “It’s always the man’s fault. Just go up to her and say that you’re sorry.”

“But I didn’t do anything!”

“Doesn’t matter, just apologize, your problem will be solved,” Pascal said and I sighed and shook my head.

“Fine, I’ll try it,” I said and then walked over towards my Rover and headed towards Alex’s house.

When I got there I parked behind her car and walked through the front door. I saw Sam on the stairwell getting ready to go into her room and her eyes widened.

‘…What did I do?...’

“What are you doing here?” she whispered and then grabbed my arm and practically threw me into her room.

“What? What’s going on?”

“She’s really upset, what did you guys do to her?”

“What? We didn’t do anything? At least, I don’t think we did anything,” I said not sure of myself and then tried to remember.

“Sid, you or somebody did something wrong, she’s in her room.”

I nodded my head and then walked out of Sam’s room and walked the rest of the way up the stairs and into the kitchen. Sarabi was lying on the floor behind the couch, but when she saw me, her head popped up and she ran into her room next to the living room where Zeus was laying.

‘…Great, even the dog is running…’ I walked up the stairs and then headed into Alex’s room to hear the shower going in her bathroom, ‘…And we’ve run into a situation…’

I sighed and then sat on Alex’s bed and decided that I was going to wait for her to come out.

After about a half hour, I finally heard movement in the bathroom and then saw the door open and the steam pour out of the room. Alex walked out in only a towel wrapped around her and I closed my eyes and tried to control my urges because she was just so damn beautiful. She walked out of the room and then saw me and screamed.

“Jesus Christ Sidney! Give a girl a little warning that you’re here,” she said and then laughed and walked over towards her closet, “You nearly gave me a heart attack.”

“I’m sorry,” I said and she looked at me.

“It’s all right,” she said and then came out about two minutes later wearing shorts and a tank top with no bra.

‘…Stupid urges…’ I thought as I imagined her without her clothes on, ‘…Just get to the freakin’ point…’

“Alex, I’m sorry,” I said as I stood up and looked at her, “I’m really sorry I didn’t mean to do it.”

She looked at me confused and then pulled down the sheets on her bed, “It’s ok Sidney, you just scared me, no big deal.”

“No, you don’t understand, that’s not what I- I mean yeah, I’m sorry about that but,” I scratched the back of my head and the sighed, “Look whatever I did to make you upset, I’m sorry!”

“Sidney, what the hell are you talking about?” she asked as she stood in front of my and then placed her hands on my arms, “There’s nothing for you to be sorry about.”

“Then the teams sorry!”

“There’s nothing for the team to be sorry about either. Sidney, what’s wrong?”

“Nothing’s wrong with us, we thought you were upset because you haven’t been acting like yourself lately and then Kunitz said-“

“Wait, you actually listened to Kunitz?”

“Ok, maybe that was a bad move on my part, but he told me that I was in the dog house, and I wanted to know what was wrong. Did I mention that I was sorry?”

“There is something to be sorry about,” she said and then kissed my cheek, “I’m all right, Sid. I’ve just had a lot on my mind for the past few days.”

“Is it about what happened in Ottawa?”

She smirked and then looked down towards the ground, “Yeah that has something to do with this.”

I looked at her to see that she wasn’t even looking at me. I sighed and then placed my finger under her chin and made her look at me. I pressed my lips against hers and then felt her hands on my sides. I pulled away and laid my forehead on hers, “Babe, what’s wrong?”

She sighed and then pulled away and stood up. She scratched the back of her head nervously and then looked at me, “I-“ she sighed and then cracked her knuckles.

“Alex.”

“Ok, look,” she sighed, “I’m not use to- Ok, no I am use to it, but I don’t like it and- I just don’t want you guys to think- I hate to put you guys through-“

“Alex, what the hell are you saying?! Spit it out!”

“I don’t like how you guys constantly have to stand up for me!” she shouted out and I looked shocked.

‘…Damn, they were dead on…’ I thought while thinking about what the guys were saying in the diner in Ottawa.

“I don’t like how most people don’t take me seriously, just because I’m a girl!” she said and then laid her hands on her hips.

“Alex, we only stand up for you because we care about you!”

“I realize that, and I know this sounds so stupid, but can you cut back a little! I’m sick of having to see Kris constantly being put into the penalty box or being escorted out of a game because he beat someone up for either saying something or doing something bad. I don’t like how you guys stand up when someone hits on me and almost cause a scene! I love you, all of you, but I’m a big girl, and I’ve gotten as far as I have on my own and, I do appreciate the help, but if I can handle my own problems, then stay out. I don’t mean to sound bitchy, I honestly don’t Sidney but-” I cut her off by jumping up and pressing my lips to hers and hold her waist in my hands.

“It’s all right, I understand. I’m sorry, we didn’t mean to make you feel weak, Alex,” I said and she laid her hands on my chest and looked up at me, “We only protect you, myself included mostly, because we care about you, again, mostly myself.”

“And I appreciate that, but I’m use to being boarded or being hit on, had something told badly about me- That’s all stuff that I’m use to, but when you guys get in trouble because it was something that was happening to me, that makes me feel so guilty it’s not even funny.”

“I can honestly tell you that the boys and I were talking about this after you left the other day,” I said and she looked at me.

“Really?” she asked and I nodded my head.

“Marc and Pascal were dead on about explaining it to me, and then James said some stupid stuff that you would have laughed about.”

“What kind of stupid stuff?”

“Well Marc was asking me what the difference between my relationship between you and my sister was.”

“You’re not sleeping with your sister, sweetheart,” she said and I laughed.

“That’s what he said,” I smiled and Alex laughed and then pressed her lips to mine.

“He’s such a dork.”

“So are you all right? You glad you got that off of your chest?”

“Yeah.”

“Good, now let’s get another thing off your chest,” I smirked as I pulled at the hem of my shirt.

“Nope, you’re in the dog house tonight,” she said and then pulled away laughing.

“What? Why?”

“Because it was your fault!”

“For what?”

“I’ll let you in on a little secret, Sidney,” she said and then jumped onto her bed and smirked, “It’s always the guy’s fault!”

‘…I can’t believe that they were right. They called this…’