Sequel: Captain of My Life

Oh Captain, My Captain

Oh Captain, My Captain (Sidney Crosby) 056:

Chapter Fifty Six
Everyone was cursing as we walked into the locker room, we had just lost against the Carolina Hurricanes. It was the last game in the season, our last shot to make it into the playoffs, but it didn't happen. I looked over towards Alex to see that she was upset and had an angry look on her face, well everyone did, including myself. The locker room was quiet was we all shower, changed and left.

"Hey," I said as Alex walked over towards her car. She turned around and I hugged her, "It's all right, we'll get them next year."

She nodded her head and then wrapped her arms around my chest and laid her head on my chest. I kissed her head and then helped her get into her car and then she went home. I sighed and then walked over towards my Rover and saw some of the guys coming out. We all shook hands and said good game and then got in our cars and left.

Geno and I headed back to the apartment and they started to pack, because since we didn't make it into the playoffs, we were going to leave by the end of the week. When I saw that James wasn't packing I looked at him confused.

"I'm not leaving until the middle of July, I'm gunna stay here with Sam a little bit longer," he said and I smiled and nodded my head.

"What about you, Geno?"

"What about me? I gunna head out probably Friday, I have to buy my ticket," he said and I sat on the couch, "Mel's gunna come up for three weeks to visit me at the end of June."

"That sounds nice."

"What about you and Alex?" James asked and I sighed.

"I don't know, we really haven't talked about it," I said and they nodded their head.

"Maybe she'll go with you," Geno said and I nodded my head.

"I'm not gunna leave in like two weeks," I said and then stood up, "You know we gotta clear out of the apartment, because our rental agreement is almost up."

"Well, are we going to stay here another season?" Geno asked.

"Actually I was thinking about buying a house," I said and they looked at me like a was crazy.

"Dude, just ask Alex if you could move in with her! You practically live there now," Geno said and I sighed.

"Wait! When does the agreement run out?" James asked and I walked over towards the fridge and grabbed the paper.

"The end of next month," I answered and then looked at Geno, "Man, Alex and I have only been going out for four months, moving in together permanently would be too soon," I said and they sighed.

"Shit, I'll have to talk to Sam about that. But anyways, Sid, you see her all of the time because of hockey, so naturally that's going extend the months of the relationship," James said and Geno nodded his head.

"Just ask her," Geno said, "Mel and I have been going out less than you and she already told me I could move in with her!"

"That's great man!" I said and James and I smiled towards him, "Alex is really good at being the match maker."

James and Geno laughed and then nodded their heads, "Yeah she is."

That night was mostly spent having a few beers with the guys at the apartment and then going to bed. The next morning, I packed up my room and then helped Geno pack his up.

My phone rang and I looked to see that it was my Mom calling me. I told Geno that I would be back and then walked into my room and sat on the end of the bed, "Hey Mom."

"Hi sweetie, I just wanted to tell you I'm sorry about your loss."

"It's all right Mom, we'll get them next year," I said and then sighed.

"I know you're probably frustrated right now."

"Yeah, Geno and I are packing up our rooms."

"Oh, when are you coming home?"

"Soon," I said and then rubbed my forehead.

"Is Alex coming with you?" she asked excitedly, "I'd love to finally meet her. I know we were suppose to come down for Easter, but then-"

"Yeah, I know," I said as she was about to say that Alex was in the hospital, "I'm working on getting her to come up with me."

"Why won't she come?"

"She's nervous and she doesn't know what to do with her dogs."

"Bring them with you," she said and I laughed.

"I'm trying, Mom."

"Well try harder! I want to meet her!" she said and I laughed, "Oh your father and Taylor are so excited to see you! We miss you so much!"

"I miss you too," I said and then looked up to see Geno at the door, I held up my finger to have him hold on and listened to my Mom tell me what I need to do when I come home.

"Oh sweetie, please bring her up! I want to meet my daughter-in-law!"

"Mom! We're not that far yet!" I said and sighed, "Hold on, Mom."

"James wants to know when we're going over Alex's?" Geno asked when I took the phone from my ear.

"I'm not, I'm going to let her be by herself today," I said and he nodded his head, "She needs some alone time."

"All right," he said and then left and I put the phone back up to my ear.

"Mom?"

"I'm still here."

"Sorry that was Geno."

"Oh, how's he doing?"

"He's good, he leaves for home on Friday."

"And when do you leave?"

"I told you, I don't know yet," I said and laughed a little.

"All right, all right, well call me back when you know," she said and then I heard Taylor in the background.

"All right, I will, love you."

"Love you too sweetie, bye," Mom said and then hung the phone up and I sighed and laid back on the bed.

"Always an adventure talking to Moms," I heard James say from the doorway and I snorted and threw my pillow over my face.

"How am I going to ask Alex to come with me?"

"I don't know, just ask her."

"I did that for Christmas, and then didn't work."

"Well that was before the two of you were dating, now you are, so just ask her," he said and I nodded my head.

"I'll do it tomorrow," I said and then I heard James leave and I looked at my phone and decided to text Alex telling her that I love her.

-Alex-
It was two days after we lost the game against the Hurricanes and didn't make the playoffs. Brandon called me and told me it would be all right, but then told me his team did. I told him that because we didn't make it, I hope his team went all the way. Next week I was going to go up to Boston to see him play against the Hurricanes, and have dinner with him and Steph, because apparently the two of them are dating now.

I walked into the igloo because the guys and I were going to clean out our lockers out. Coach came in during the our cleaning session and told us that one of us was being traded.

'...Not again...'