Sequel: Captain of My Life

Oh Captain, My Captain

Oh Captain, My Captain (Sidney Crosby) 057:

Chapter Fifty Seven
We had just found out that #48 Tyler Kennedy was being traded to the Philadelphia Flyers. No one said a word, mostly because no one really knew what to say. I was biting my thumb and then sighed and ran my fingers through my hair, I never really got close to Tyler but he was still my teammate.

"Who are we getting, Coach?" Sidney asked and Coach sighed.

"Maxime Talbot," Coach said and I looked over towards some of the guys and saw that they were hiding smirks.

'...Did I miss something?...'

"Of course it would be him, the bastard," Tyler said and I looked over towards him to see that he was smirking.

'...I really must have missed something...'

Tyler stood up and started to shake hands with everyone and then do that bro hug, "He's gunna start the party, and I'm not going to be here to enjoy it!"

"We're gunna miss you Tyler!" some of the guys were saying and then he walked up to me.

"Hey, Alex, don't be sad, I'll just be scared to be the person you're playing against," he said and I smiled and hugged him.

"I'll miss you, Tyler."

"I'll miss you too, Alex," he said and then headed out of the locker room and then shook hands with Coach.

"When's Talbot coming?" Geno asked.

"What's up bitches?!" this guy yelled as he kicked the door opened and walked in and hearing some of the guys laughing.

'...Who the hell is this guy?...'

Coach walked out of the room shaking his head as the guys all crowded around Talbot and wanted to talk to him. I sighed and then grabbed my bag and stood up.

"Oh where are you going, sweetie? We haven't been properly introduced," he said as he walked past the guys and stood in front of me.

'...Sweetie? Please don't be another asshole!...'

"Home," I said and he smirked towards me.

"Now, I haven't got a home yet, I wouldn't mind crashing with you," he smirked and I snorted.

"Keep dreaming," I said and he smiled his pearly whites, '...Yup, definitely an asshole...'

"Hey Talbot, that's a no go," Geno said as Talbot looked behind him and I felt Sidney place his arm around my shoulder.

Talbot turned back around and saw Sidney's arm on my shoulder and I smirked towards him. Talbot seemed surprised and was looking back and forth between us, "Are you two a thing?"

"Yeah man, she's taken," Sidney said and I reached up and grabbed his hand that was dangling from my shoulder.

"Dammit Crosby! You got a looker!" Talbot shouted and then laughed and held out his hand, "Max Talbot."

"Alex Conners."

"Don't mind him, Alex. He's not totally an asshole," Marc said and I shook my head.

"Don't lie, I'm always an asshole," he said and the guys laughed, "But I'm a truthful one."

"Good to know," I said and then looked at Sidney, "I'm gunna head home, Sarabi's got a doctor's appointment."

"All right," Sidney said and then kissed my head.

-Sidney-
Alex left and most of the guys watched as she left.

"What's eating her?" Talbot asked.

"She's not happy that we didn't make the playoffs," I answered and he nodded his head.

"I know the feeling."

"Man you guys sucked this season!" Geno teased about the Flyers and how they barely won any of their games and we laughed.

"Shut up man! I had to deal with freaking children this season! Man I missed you guys!"

We all decided that they were going to go out to the local pub and get some food and beer.

"So Crosby, how long have you and Alex been hittin' the sack?" Talbot asked as I then nearly choked on my beer.

"Come on man, that's my girlfriend," I said and then sighed.

"I heard a rumor, but I guess that it was true," he said and I nodded my head,"There's a lot of talk going around about her," Talbot said and this got everyone's attention.

"Like what?"

"Like she slept her way to the top?" he said and Geno and Marc snorted.

"Man, Alex isn't like that! That girl has talent," Marc said and I smirked as I took another swig of beer.

"Hey I'm just saying what I heard!"

"You probably heard it from a bunch of babies who got their asses kicked by her and were crying about it," I said and Talbot smirked.

"My kind of woman."

"Who's taken!"

"All right, all right!" he said and I shook my head.

"Hey, Talbot, we played you guys this season, where we you?"

"Out on injury, so I never got to see her play," he said and then took a swig of his beer.

"What did you do? Break your finger," Geno teased and the guys laughed and Talbot playfully punched Geno in the shoulder.

"Still a dork I see."

It was good to have Max Talbot back; he was a good friend, but a hell of a drinker. He's naturally an asshole, but you learn to love him. I could see the look on Alex's face when she met Max, that she was going to need a little bit more time warming up to him to learn to like him.

"So what's up with your girl, Crosby?"

"Why are you so interested in her?"

"No reason, she's my teammate now," he said and I sighed.

"She doesn't warm up to new people quickly, give her some time," I said and he nodded his head.

"That's cool, man, I understand," he said and then our food came out.

We ate, and it felt like an elementary school lunchroom because we were being so loud. After we were finished some of the guys went home, but Geno, James and I wanted to go to Alex's place.

"Man, I'll come with you," Max said and I nodded my head.

'...She's not going to like this...'

"So let me get this straight, you all have girlfriends?"

"Yup," Geno said.

"And they're all Alex's friends?"

"Yup," James said.

"Man, I gotta see if Alex has someone for me," Max said and I snorted.

"She'd tear your ass up in a second," I told him and Geno and James laughed.

"What do you mean?"

"We're not the hump 'em and dump 'em guys, Max! Alex would kill us if we did that to Sam and Mel."

“She never heard of open relationship?”

“Dude, she’s a classy person, not like those bimbos you bring home. Who knows, maybe she’ll straighten your ass out like she did to Kris,” I said and then it went to an awkward silence.

“They’re not bimbos,” Talbot said while trying not to laugh.

“Dude yes they are!”

“Shut up Geno!”