Sequel: Captain of My Life

Oh Captain, My Captain

Oh Captain, My Captain (Sidney Crosby) 058:

Chapter Fifty Eight
I walked into my house after getting excited about seeing Sidney’s car in the driveway. I let Sarabi get out of the car and then I opened the door to the house and she ran inside and up the stairs. As I was closing the door and putting my jacket into the closet I heard someone yell ‘Holy Hell’ and I didn’t recognize the voice.

‘…Oh they didn’t…’ I thought as I walked up the stairs and peaked my head around to see Sidney, Geno, James, Mel, Sam, and Max Talbot, ‘…Oh they did. Son of a bitch…’

“Hey Alex!” Geno said and I nodded my head towards him, “How was the appointment?”

“Good, you have to bring Zeus in soon, he needs his check up appointment.”

“All right, I’ll see if I can get him in before I leave,” Geno said and then saw Mel wrap her arms around his chest and lay her head on his lap.

“You have an appointment tomorrow at ten,” I said and Geno looked at me.

“You made an appointment?” he asked and I nodded my head and then walked over towards my phone charger and plugged it into the wall outlet and then plugged in my phone to charge.

“So Alex, why such a big dog?” Max asked and I looked at him to see that he was looking at Sarabi.

“I like big dogs. Is that a problem?”

“No, just wondering. What other things do you like that are big?” he asked with a smirk on his face.

“Come on, Max! Really?” Sidney said obviously getting annoyed.

I sighed and walked over towards him and leaned in front of him bringing my lips to his ear, “Not your ego,” I said and the backed away smirking.

“You’re so funny,” he said sarcastically and I flipped him the bird, “Yeah, classy my ass!”

I walked over towards the fridge and grabbed a beer and opened it. I took a swig of it and then walked over towards Sidney, who was sitting on one of the stools, and I stood in-between his legs and leaned on his leg. I felt his hand on the bottom of my back and he grabbed my beer and then took a swig up it, smirking towards me, “Jerk.”

“So what are you going to do this summer, Max?” Geno asked and Talbot looked confused.

“What do you mean?”

“Well we’re all going home,” he said.

“I’m leaving in the middle of July though,” James said and Geno looked at him.

“Did you figure out where you were going to stay that month and a half? The rental agreement ends next weeks,” Sidney asked.

“Shit no,” James said and I smiled, “Alex can-“

“Of course,” I said and he smiled and looked towards Sam who was happy too.

“So what about you two?” Talbot asked while looking at Sidney and I, “Alex will be here, right?” he asked.

“No we’re going to my place for the summer,” Sidney said and I looked at him.

‘…We are?...’

“What? Are you serious?” Max asked sadly, “I just get here and everyone’s leaving!”

“We’ll be back in August,” James said and I was still hung up on me going to Cole Haubour.

‘…I never agreed to that! I mean, I wouldn’t mind going, but I’ll have to work something out with Sam about watching the house. Why the hell would he just assume that I would say yes?...’

“This sucks! What about you Mel?”

“I’ll be at work most of the time, but then I leave to visit Geno in Russia in two months,” she said and Max sighed.

“This is depressing. I guess I’ll have to get a place,” he said and I snorted.

“There’s a novel idea!”

-Sidney-
Geno, Mel, Sam and Max were in the pool room while Alex, James and I were in the kitchen. Alex was sitting on the counter with James next to her and I was leaning on the counter next to her.

“Oh, Sid, when did you ask Alex to go home with you?” James asked.

‘…Uh oh…’

“Yeah Sid, when did you ask me?” she said and I nercously smiled towards her.

“Sorry, it kind of just came out,” I said and she sighed.

“All you had to do was ask.”

“So you’ll come with me?”

“I mean, yeah I’ll go, but I need to talk to Sam about watching the house.”

“You know Sam and I will,” James said and Alex nodded her head.

“When are you two leaving?”

“Probably the first week of July,” he answered and I saw Sarabi walk into the kitchen.

“You make sure to lock up everything?”

“Of course,” he said and I smirked because this was going to work.

“And you,” she said and I looked at her, “When do we leave?”

“Two weeks,” I said and she smiled and nodded her head.

“For how long?”

“Till August,” I answered, “Two and a half months.”

She looked at Sarabi and I smirked, knowing what she was thinking, “Yes, Sarabi and Zeus are coming with us.”

“All right, I’m in,” she said and I smirked and walked over towards her and pressed my lips against hers.

“And that’s my signal to leave,” James said and Alex and I laughed and I felt James pat my back and walk out of the kitchen.

“Sorry, but did you really want to spend all summer with Max?” I asked and she smiled and placed her hands on my neck.

“No, you’re right,” she said and I smiled.

“Ooo, say that again,” I teased and she laughed and then brought her lips to my ears and a big smirk was on my face.

“No,” she said and then pulled away with a smirk on her face.

“You gotta finish it,” I whined and she laughed and then pressed her lips against mine.

“Whoa!!! Children! Keep it PG!”

I heard her sigh and I turned around to hear Max walk into the kitchen, “Yo Alex, you have a nice house here.”

“You’re not living with me,” she said and sighed.

“Now how did you know I was going to ask that?”

“Because you’re a horny guy!” she answered and I smirked and shook my head while both of my arms were on either side of Alex’s body and I was leaning against the counter.

“So is Crosby!” Max said while pointing towards me.

“And he and Geno and James practically live here too!” Alex argued and I snorted.

“So we’ll just add a plus one to the invite, and we’ll be all set.”

“No!” Alex said and I heard Max sigh.

“She’s a bossy one, Crosby!”

“Yeah, but that’s why I love her!” I said and Max snorted and took a swig of the beer that he had gotten out of the fridge.

“Alex!” I heard someone yell while opening the front door and I turned my body to see Eric, Kris, Marc and Vero walked up the stairs and into the kitchen.

“Hey guys!” Alex said and I waved towards them.

“Yo! They just walk right in!” Max said and Alex sighed and placed her hands on my shoulder.

She leaned her head next to mine and whispered ‘do something’ into my ear.

“No man, we have a key,” Kris said and I heard Max laugh.

“Man, she’s got you all wrapped around her finger!”

“I see you’re back in town, Max!”

“Vero! How’s my lucky lady?” he asked and walked over towards her.

“I was going to stay at home when I heard that you were back, but then I figured Alex here needed some rescuing,” she said and I heard Alex snort.

“That’s a definite,” she said and I felt her started to rub her hands on the back of my neck and I sighed and wrapped my arms around her waist.

“Don’t worry Alex, Max isn’t that bad. You get use to his annoyingness,” Vero said and I heard Alex laugh.

“Thanks Vero, you’ve really helped,” he said sarcastically.

“Any time sweetie.”