Sequel: Captain of My Life

Oh Captain, My Captain

Oh Captain, My Captain (Sidney Crosby) 059:

Chapter Fifty Nine
-Alex-
"COME ON BRANDON!!!!" I yelled as I watched him skate down the ice and then scoring a goal, "YEAH!!!"

A week has past and Sidney and I were in Boston watching Brandon play against the Hurricanes for the Stanley Cup playoffs. Geno had left to go home a few days ago, and Mel was already missing him. We took him to the airport and he told us to make sure that we took care of his girlfriend and car. James was moving into my house, placing the stuff that wouldn't fit in Sam's room, into the one guest bedroom upstairs. He was trying to get the rental agreement to be discontinued, which he successfully did, but the boy hand to pay the another month's rent.

It was towards the end of the third period and the Bruins were up by three, I could tell just by how the Hurricanes were paying that they were going to lose tonight. I smiled when I saw that my cousin was on fire and kicking ass tonight. By the end of the game, the Bruins had won with the final score being, five to two.

Sidney and I had waited a little bit in the box suite that we were sitting in, because Brandon was probably just showering and changing now. Steph wasn't able to attend the game, she had to work, but she promised that she would be at dinner that was going to take place as soon as Brandon texted me telling me that he was finished.

Steph was a sophisticated woman who worked as the only woman in the Boston Law Firm. Ever since I met Steph, I knew that she wanted to be a lawyer, and she always won her arguments. It was funny on how Steph and Brandon had completely different personalities, yet they made such a cute couple. Steph was a serious woman, who was married to her job but was having an affair with Brandon. She grew up in Boston, and could probably walk around here with her eyes closed. My Mom liked her a lot and always called her a proper young lady. She has a cute little one bedroom apartment that she shares with her Golden Retriever, Stella. Everything has a place, and there is not one dirt spot in there, Steph is a neat freak.

While Brandon was your typical small town southern jock who loves his hockey. He was a goofball and barely takes anything seriously, other than his family and his sport. Even though Brandon is a dork, other than my Dad, he's the closest I am to any of my family members. He lives in a four bedroom townhouse who he shared with three other teammates and his dog, the Mastiff, Max. Brandon is a slob but he's a guy, so most are.

When I got the text from Brandon saying that he was ready, Sidney and I headed downstairs, with our fingers laced together and walking side by side. Getting past the reporters was a challenge, they kept on asking us about the last game and other questions, but all I told them was that I was here for my cousin to support him in the playoffs. Brandon walked over towards us and then snatched us away.

"So how'd you like the game?"

"Nicely done, Brandon! I liked the last goal," I said and he laughed and wrapped his arm around my shoulder.

"Glad you had a good time.

"I especially liked when Lucic got slammed into the board," Sidney muttered and the two of us laughed.

"You're still hung up on that, huh?" I asked and he nodded his head.

"Yeah, I liked that too. He might be my teammate, but he hurt my baby cousin," Brandon said and then hugged my head, messing up my hair.

"Must you do that?" I asked annoyed and then guys laughed.

We went outside and got into Brandon's car and he drove us to the restaurant that we were going to be eating at. It was the local pub, but it wasn't a fancy restaurant either. By the time we got there Steph was pulling up, and I jumped out of the car and ran over towards her, jumping into her arms.

"Girls," Brandon snorted and Sidney laughed and nodded his head.

We walked into the restaurant and sat down, we talked, we ordered, we drank, we ate and we drank some more.

"So where are you two off to after Boston?" Brandon asked as he finished another beer.

"We leave to go to Cole Harbour tomorrow morning," I said and Brandon nodded his head, "We were going to leave next week, but decided this week."

"So you're going to Sidney's place?" Steph asked and I nodded my head, "For how long?"

"Almost three months," Sidney said and I felt his hand on my leg and I smiled.

"That'll be exciting."

"Yeah, my family is excited to meet Alex."

"So you're gunna miss the Bruins winning the Championship?!" Brandon said and I laughed.

"I don't know, you have to beat the Blackhawks, they're number one in the league," I said and he shook it off.

"They're gunna go down!" Brandon said and I laughed.

"Well I'll be cheering for you."

"Good," Brandon said and then smiled towards me.

Once we finished at the restaurant, Brandon dropped us off at our hotel and we said goodbye to him. Sidney and I then walked up to our suite and walked in to see that Sarabi and Zeus were running around, I laughed and then shook my head, because as soon as they saw us, they came right at us.

"Hi guys!" I said and then heard Sidney sighed and looked to see that he was tired. We had woken up at five in the morning, and then Sidney drove ten hours to get to Boston, "Sid, why don't you let me drive a little tomorrow?"

"No, I'll be all right, I just need some sleep," he said and I nodded my head.

By the time we got to the hotel, it was three in the afternoon. We checked in, brought some of our bags up, because we needed clothes, and got the dogs situated. As soon as that was finished, we had about an hour to take a nap, and we were out the door to get to the hockey game. Needless to say, we were tired, Sidney especially.

"Are you sure? How long does it take to get to Cole Harbour?"

"Yes and about eleven hours," he said and I laughed when he collapsed onto the bed face first. I smiled and then walked over towards him and then climbed onto his back, "What are you doing?"

"You'll see," I said and then pulled his shirt up and over his head and moved my hands around his back, "Just relax."

"All right," he said and then I heard him take a deep breath. I started to massage his neck and his back and smiled when I heard him moan and groan.

"Sid, maybe you should go to the chiropractor or a massage therapist, you have a lot of knots in your back."

"You're doing fine," he breathed and I laughed a little.

"Oh on," I said and then jumped off of his back and walked over towards my bag, and changed into shorts and a Kings t-shirt. I dug through my bag and found my massaging oil and smirked, I use his on myself after a game, and usually on my shoulders. I walked back to the bed and saw that Sidney had took his pants off and changed into just his pajama pants and he moved up the bed and laid his head on the pillow.

"Ok, I'm ready," he said and I laughed and then jumped onto his back and then sat on his butt.

I poured some of the oil on my hands and then rubbed them together and moved my hands around. I worked my way around his back, shoulders, neck and biceps, feeling every muscles and knowing that Sidney and I were both enjoying this. I laughed when about fifteen minutes into it, I felt dead weight and heard Sidney snoring. I smiled and then kissed his cheek and climbed off of him.

'...He looks like a little kid...' I thought as I looked at his face to see that he was passed out from exhaustion. I looked over towards Sarabi and Zeus to see that they were laying on the ground in front of the bed, "You wanna go out?"

They're heads perked up and I laughed and walked over towards my bag to grab their collars. It was about midnight, and we were going to wake up at five to hit the road. As I took the dogs outside, making sure to grab my key card before I left, I heard the elevator ding, and yelled for them to hold it.

"Thanks," I said and then walked on to see a guy standing in the corner. He nodded his head and then the dogs and I walked on and they sat down. I saw the guy's reflection in the elevator doors to see that he looked like he just walked out on having a one night stand.

"Nice dogs," he said and I looked back towards him.

"Thanks," I said and then saw he was bending down to pet Zeus, "I wouldn't."

"Naw, it'll be fine," he said and Zeus growled and tried to snap at him, "Crazy dog."

"I said that I wouldn't," I said as I held Zeus' head against my leg and rubbed his face to calm him down. He hopped the elevator a floor early and I snorted and shook my head, "Dumbass," I said and then looked down towards Zeus to see that his tongue was hanging out and his eyes were closed. I smiled and then rubbed his face some more, "Good boy, your Daddy would be proud."

The elevator door opened and we walked out and went outside so that the dogs could do their business. Once that was finished, we went back to the elevator and up towards our floor. As soon as I walked into the room I saw that Sidney had moved under the covers and was laying on his stomach with his arms tucked under the pillow. I unhooked the dogs and locked the door and then carefully got onto the bed and went to sleep.