Sequel: Captain of My Life

Oh Captain, My Captain

Oh Captain, My Captain (Sidney Crosby) 061:

Chapter Sixty One
“ALEX!!! Look!” Taylor yelled as she ran into the kitchen and turned on the TV.

Alex and my Mom were making breakfast together. Mom liked Alex because she learned yesterday when they came over my house that Alex could cook. The two of them made a nice chicken dinner and then Dad and I were stuck doing the dishes. This morning we were over my parents’ house for breakfast and Alex was helping my Mom make French toast.

“What?” Alex asked and looked to see Taylor change channels on the kitchen TV.
“They’re talking about you on Ellen!”

Mom, Alex, Taylor and I stopped what we were doing and stared at the small screen as Ellen Degeneres interview Actor, Matthew Perry on her television show.

“Oh I remember him!” she said and I looked at her.

“From where?” I asked.

“He’s a big Kings fan and when we won the Stanley last year he hosted a party at his house,” she explained and Taylor squealed.

“I love him in Friends!” she said and I looked at her confused.

“Since when did you start watching Friends?”

“After I kind of stole your box sets and watched all of them! I felt like a hermit because for a whole month that’s all I did, well except for going to school,” she said and I snorted and Mom shook her head.

A picture appeared on the screen of Alex standing next to the actor who was holding the cup.

“Man that was a good party,” she said and I laughed.

“Who else did you meet?” Taylor asked.

“Um,” Alex said and had to think about it, “Sorry, I don’t remember.”

“In other words, she got drunk,” my Dad said as he walked into the kitchen.

“Not one of my finest moments,” she said and I was shocked.

“I’ve never seen you drunk before,” I said and she looked at me.

“I usually never do, but we had won the cup and we were celebrating, and it got a little out of hand,” she said and laughed, I knew that feeling, or at least I did in 2009, four years ago.

We continued watching the TV as Ellen did her interview, and then she caught our attentions when she said that maybe she would have to get in contact with Alex and have an interview with her. Taylor squealed and I saw Alex smile.

“She already called,” Alex said and we all looked at her.

“WHAT?!” we all said and Alex’s eyes widened like a deer in headlights.

“Yeah, these episodes are taped ahead of time, sometimes even months ahead of time, and she called a while ago and I declined the interview.”

“Why?” I asked.

“You know I don’t like interviews!” she said and I laughed.

“Call her back and do it. You’re an interesting topic,” I said and she looked at me as if to drop the subject, which that look shut me up.

“Oh Alex, please! Do the interview! Please!” Taylor begged and Alex laughed.

“Really, I’m all right,” she said and then my Mom got involved.

‘…She’s doing the interview…’

It didn’t even take Mom three minutes to get Alex to agree to call Ellen up and take the interview. Mom was just that skilled at getting what she wanted.

“I don’t think that she’s doing her shows now,” Alex said and Taylor shook her head.

“She records her shows up until the end of May and then the summer she’s off and starts to do them again in September. So call her up and maybe you can get an interview within the next two weeks and you can take me!” Taylor said and Alex laughed.

“All right, all right, you get me the number and I’ll call her,” Alex said and Taylor squealed and jumped up and down then running out of the room.

“Breakfast is ready!”

-Alex-
“I can’t believe I’m really going to be doing this,” I said as I held my phone in my hand and looked at the email I had just received saying that I was scheduled to show up on Ellen next week.

“It’ll be so much fun, Alex! We can do the show and then shop in downtown LA!” Taylor said and I laughed and nodded my head.

“The interview is on Wednesday, so you’ll head down on Monday,” Sidney said and I nodded my head.

“Did you get the tickets?”

“Yeah, your flight is at six in the morning,” Sidney said and I nodded my head, “The travel time is fifteen hours.”

“What?!” I said and then sighed, “Perfect.”

Sidney laughed as he hugged me and then kissed the side of my head, “You’ll be fine.”

“You take care of those dogs,” I said and he smirked.

“Of course,” he said and I smiled and kissed his cheek.

In five days Trina, Taylor, one of Taylor’s friends and I were heading to Los Angeles, California for a little over a week to have some fun and get to know one another. We were going to Burbank on Wednesday for the interview with Ellen, and Taylor was really excited about that.

Sidney and I went back to his house and we were greeted by our dogs. I smiled and then scratched Sarabi’s head and then looked back towards Sidney to see him locking the door and then throwing his keys in the glass bowl next to the door.

“I just got here, and I’m leaving,” I said and Sidney looked at me and then pulled me into a hug.

“Only for a week! Besides I think you’ll have fun,” he said and I looked at him and kissed his cheek, “Maybe you can call up your old teammates and have lunch or something, I heard that they managed to make it into the playoffs.”

“Lucky jerks,” I muttered and then sighed.

“Hey, come on Alex, don’t beat yourself up over it,” he said and then I felt his finger under my chin and push my head up, “It wasn’t your fault, we just had an off game, and we picked a bad day to have our game off,” he said and I nodded my head and he kissed my forehead.

“I wish you were coming with me to California,” I said as I wrapped my arms around his waist.

“Me too, but I think my Mom and Taylor would kill me if I did,” he said and I snorted.

“I’ll protect you!” I teased and he laughed.

“Oh lucky me!” he said and I laughed, “You want to go swimming?”

“Where?”

“In the lake?”

“Hell no!”

“Why not?”

“There are fish and living things in there!” I yelled and he laughed.

“Oh come on, there’s nothing in there that could hurt you!”

“No way! I stick to pools, and that’s it!”

“Why?”

“Because I can see what’s in the water!” I said and Sidney laughed and shook his head.

“Fine, we’ll go swimming in the pool!” he said and I looked at him confused.

“You have a pool?”

“Yup.”

“I swear to god, if you say the lake I’m going to slap you,” I said and he laughed and shook his head.

“No, I really have a pool,” he said and I looked at him skeptical, “Come on!”

“Why wasn’t this in the tour?”

“Because I didn’t think of it!” he said as we walked into the kitchen and I thought that he was going to take me outside, but we walked to the corner of the kitchen to a door that I thought was a pantry, but it was a door that lead into an indoor pool.

“Oh, that pool,” I said and Sidney laughed and nodded his head.

“Yup,” he said and then I looked to see that it wasn’t a big pool, probably about the same size as mine, deepest was six feet. I felt Sidney come up behind me and wrap his arms around my waist and bring his lips to my ear, “Let’s go swimming,” he said as he unbuttoned my jeans and I felt him slid my jeans and underwear down.

I smirked and then turned around and took my t-shirt off and then pressed my lips to his, “All right.”