Sequel: Captain of My Life

Oh Captain, My Captain

Oh Captain, My Captain (Sidney Crosby) 062:

Chapter Sixty Two
“I can’t believe that we’re going to see Ellen!” Taylor yelled as we stood at the security checkpoint at the Halifax Airport.

Those last few days had past, mostly spent with Sidney, he had shown me where he grew up. Like I had shown he went we went to my hometown, he shown me his favorite places, and of course like me, his favorite place was the hockey rink. She decided to skate around for a like while, and then one of his old friends had shown up and we talk. I was having fun in Nova Scotia, and I’m glad that I had come. Monday had finally come, the day that we were leaving to go to California for a week. Sidney had driven Trina, Taylor, Taylor’s friend and I to the airport and was standing at the checkpoint with us.

“I change my mind, I don’t want to go,” I said as I turned around and looked at Sidney.

He laughed and then wrapped his arm around my shoulder, “You’ll be fine.”

I wrapped my arms around his waist and leaned my head against his chest and sighed. It was early in the morning and the sun wasn’t even up yet. We were waiting for the security point to open so that we could walk through and get to our gate. I was wearing jeans and a Penguins t-shirt with some sneakers and I was carrying my carryon backpack. Sidney was in basketball shorts and a penguins t-shirt and had his old sweaty penguins hat on his head, every time I looked at that thing I got disgusted, maybe I should bring him back an Ellen hat. Taylor and her friend, Ashley were wearing shorts and some kind of brand name shirt and some flip flops. Trina was wearing white capri pants and a light blue blouse with a white jacket of and blue strapped sandals. Yup, I think she felt overdressed to this event.

“Ok ladies! Have fun!” Sidney said as I saw the security checkpoint open. Trina and Taylor hugged Sidney and then he wrapped his arms around me, “Have fun.”

“No, quick, take me home.”

“You’re going on this trip, Alex,” he said and I sighed, “Did you call some of your old teammates?”

“Yeah, I’m having lunch with them on Thursday!” I said happily and he smiled.

“See, there’s a reason to go,” he said and I sighed, “Have fun with it Alex, don’t be nervous.”

“All right, I’ll try,” I said and then tipped his hat back and reached up to press my lips against his, “You really need a new hat.”

“I like this hat.”

“I’m going to get you a new hat!”

“No, I like this hat!”

“Nope,” I said and then I was about to pull away but Sidney held me there and then held my neck and pressed his lips on to mine.

“Sidney let her go! I wanna see Ellen!” Taylor yelled and I laughed.

“I wanna embarrass her,” Sidney whispered into my ear and I smirked and he pressed his lips against mine and then I felt his hands roam down my waist and land on my butt, he hung his hands on the inside of my back pockets and I heard Taylor groan. Sidney broke apart and then rested his forehead against mine, “Love you.”

“Love you too, I’ll call you when we get there,” I said and he nodded his head and let go of me. I walked over towards the security lady and handed her my paperwork. I waved back towards Sidney and he smiled and waved back to me, “Take care of my dogs, Sidney!”

“Our dogs!” he corrected and I laughed and nodded my head and walked through the metal detector.

-Sidney-
“I’m so bored,” I said as I looked down to see Zeus and Sarabi looking at me, “Do you miss your Mommy?” Sarabi whined and then Zeus placed his paw on my knee, “And I’m having a conversation with the dogs. Ok Crosby, time to do something.”

I got up from the couch and decided that I was going to call up some old buddies and see if they wanted to do something since I haven’t seen them in a while.

-Alex-
“Fifteen hours of pure torture!” Taylor said as we finally arrived at the LAX airport at five o’clock in the afternoon, “I have to get use to all of this time change. So if it’s five here, what time is it in Halifax?”

“I think one,” Trina said and I got my phone out and called Sidney.

“Hey it’s Crosby, I can’t get to the phone but- Ah hell, you know what to do!” his voicemail said and I sighed.

“Hey Sid, just calling to tell you that we’re in LA so call me when you get this,” I said and sighed, “And change your damn voicemail it’s stupid,” I laughed.

“He might be taking a nap,” Trina said and I nodded my head.

We got our rental SUV and then drove off to head towards our hotel. We were staying at a four star hotel and asked for two rooms that were connected in the middle. Each room had two queen beds and a full bathroom, along with other things. Trina and I were going to share one, while Taylor and Ashley were going to take the other.

Once we got ourselves situated, we decided to go out and get something to eat. Taylor and Ashley really wanted to go shopping, but Trina was tired and said that she didn’t want to go, and that we could go tomorrow. They said all right and then after dinner we headed back to the hotel, and even though it was like eight o’clock at night, Trina and I were heading to bed.

As I collapsed face first onto the bed, there was a knock at the door and I opened it to see Taylor and Ashley in their bikinis and had towels in their arms, “You wanna go swimming?”

“Um, no, I’m actually-“

“Oh please, Alex!” Taylor said and I sighed and smiled.

“Let me change,” I gave and then smiled and nodded their heads.

I dug through my bag and found my bikini and then grabbed one of the hoodies that I stole off of Sidney and put it on. I smiled at how it was big enough to cover me and stopped at my thighs. I put my nose to the clothes and smiled as I smelt Sidney’s scent, and it made me think about how I missed him, and that this was his entire fault that I was here. I grabbed a pair of flip flops and then opened the door to see that they were still standing there.

“Ready?” I asked and they nodded their head and we headed out the door waving to Trina who was just about to lie down.

“Is that my brother’s hoodie?” Trina asked as we entered the elevator and I nodded my head. She and Ashley smiled and then hit the button to go down to the pool, “You probably miss him.”

“First time we’ve really been away from each other for months,” I said and then sighed.

“He really cares about you,” she said and I looked over towards her and smiled.

“I really care about him too,” I said and she smiled.

We headed down to the pool and saw that there was no one there, I was all right with that and then took the hoodie off and laid on the beach chair.

“What happened there, Alex?” Ashley asked as she looked at my stomach.

“Oh that,” I said as she saw the scar on my stomach, “I was in a car accident when I was eleven or so.”

“Oh, it was bad?”

“Yeah, put I recovered well, actually, I think after the accident, it made me push myself even harder in hockey.”

“Wow,” Taylor said and I saw her smile towards me, “You know you inspire a lot of people.”

“I know some, but it can’t be a whole lot,” I said and Taylor shook her head.

“No, when you were in the hospital after that Bruins game, my whole school was keeping track and making sure that you were going to be all right. I was constantly calling Sidney to check up on you, Alex.”

I looked at her surprised and then smiled, “Thank you, I’m happy that I came out of that all right. It could have gone in the other direction any moment there.”

“We know, I’m still shocked that that Lucic guy didn’t get taken out of the season,” Taylor said and I sighed and nodded his head.

“Why did he do it?” Ashley asked and I bit my lip.

“He had placed a bounty on my head because I had pissed him off the game before,” I explained and they looked confused so I had to explain to them what a bounty was.

“That’s crazy, how could someone do that?” Taylor asked and I shrug my shoulders and then stood up because I was going to walked into the pool

“Oh Alex, I like your tattoo!” Ashley said as she saw the small heart tattoo with hockey sticks crossed in-between them.

“Thanks, I’ve had this for a few years now.”

“Does Sidney know?” Taylor asked and I nodded my head and she smirked, “Of course he does.”

I shook my head, knowing what she was going at, but talking about my sex life with my boyfriend’s sister, was a little awkward, “I’m actually thinking about getting another tattoo.”

“Really? Where?” Taylor asked as Ashley dove into the pool on the deep end.

“Along my side,” I said and Taylor looked at my side, “Although, I haven’t figured out what yet.”

“That’ll be hot, you definitely have the body for it,” Taylor said as she appeared in front of us.

The rest of the night was spent in the pool until it was closed and then we went back to our rooms and went to bed for the night.