Sequel: Captain of My Life

Oh Captain, My Captain

Oh Captain, My Captain (Sidney Crosby) 065:

Chapter Sixty Five
"Why won't you let us kick his ass, Alex?" #10 Mike Richards asked as I laughed and shook my head.

"Because there's no point, it's over it's done with, I'll show him up next season on the ice," I explained and the team laughed.

I was out to lunch with the L.A. Kings, my old team, and we were having a good time together.

"So why didn't you make it to the playoffs? You guys had a good start, but you like lost every game after that Bruins game," #8 Drew Doughty said and I sighed.

"I don't know, I was only allowed to play the last three games of the season and we won the two out of three, but we needed to win that last one if we wanted to make it to the playoffs," I said and then took a drink of my water, "But I'm happy to see that you guys got it together and made it!"

"Eh, it was hard; a lot of the plays were built around you,” #77 Jeff Carter said and I sighed.

-Sidney-
“Son, do something, you look ridicules!”

“I am doing something, Dad,” I said and then sighed, ‘…I really missed Alex…’

“Fishing for the rest of the week isn’t doing ‘something’,” he said and I sighed, “Son, I know you miss her, but go out and do something! Anything! Take the dogs for a run!”

“All right, I’ll take them for a run,” I said and then reeled my line back in and the leaned my pole against the house. I sighed as I stood up and walked back into the house and called the dogs. They didn’t come so I walked up the stairs and found them both lying on my bed, “Really?”

I walked over towards the bed and pushed the dogs off and then changed into basketball shorts and a sweatshirt. I threw my sneakers on and then called the dogs to follow me. I grabbed their leashes from the front door and then hooked them. I walked to the back door to tell my dad that I was leaving but I smirked when I saw that he was sitting in the seat that I was just sitting in, and he was fishing. I shook my head and then walked towards the front door and headed out the front door.

I found out that day, that Zeus wasn’t the running dog, but surprisingly Sarabi was. One time around the block and I had to bring Zeus back and finish the run with just Sarabi.

-Alex-
“Well boys, it was very nice seeing you again, tell Coach I said hi,” I said and they all stood up and nodded their heads.

I made sure to hug each and every one of them before getting into Trevor Lewis’ car because he was going to drop me back off at my hotel.

“See ya later, Angel,” Trevor said as he hugged me and I laughed.

“Really? You’re still calling me that?”

“You’re still my Angel,” he said and then leaned against his car, “So is that whole you and Crosby thing true?”

“Yeah, why?”

“No reason,” he said and I smiled, “He’s a lucky guy.”

“Thanks,” I said and then kissed Trevor’s cheek and then hugged him, “Till next time. Good luck in the playoffs!”

“You’re going for us, right?!”

“Sure, let’s go with that!”

“Alex?!” he whined and I laughed.

“I’m hoping that you and the Bruins are going for the cup,” I said and he shook his head.

“Your cousin?”

“You know it,” I said and then waved to him and walked into the hotel.

When I got back into the room I saw that Trina was sleeping on the bed, and I didn’t want to disturb her so I went next door to Taylor and Ashley’s room. They were sitting on their beds watching the TV and then waved to me when I walked in.

“How was lunch?” Ashley asked and I smiled.

“It went well,” I said and then Taylor got up and walked towards the chest.

“You might want to look at this,” she said and then grabbed a magazine and opened it.

There were pictures of me with Geno’s arm wrapped around my shoulder and he was holding me tight. Then there was another one with James, Marc and a few of the other players.

“Hmm, well, I wasn’t expecting that,” I said and then looked at Taylor to see that she looked upset, “Oh come on, do you really think that I would do what you’re thinking I would do?!”

“What do you think that I’m thinking about?!”

“You think that I’m cheating on Sidney!”

“Are you?”

“Hell no! I could tell you right where and when these pictures were taken, and no I’ve never slept with any of them other than your brother!” I said sounding annoyed for being accused of cheating on the person that I love. I sighed and then looked at Taylor and threw the book in front of her, “They’re my teammates, my big brothers. Look at those pictures and tell me you don’t see my looking at those guys like I look at Sidney!”

“Well what about this picture with Geno?”

“That was when we were in Winnipeg and he didn’t know that Sidney and I were going out. He flirted, Sidney knew and was there for most of it, but that’s it!”

“But I-“

“Taylor, I love your brother, I would never do anything to jeopardize that relationship! If you see a picture of my kissing someone’s cheek, it’s because I do it to everyone who did something nice for me. It doesn’t mean anything, and I don’t understand why you’re freaking out, because your brother knows this! He knows that that is my personality!” I said and Taylor sighed.

“If I call him right now-“

“You tell him! Go ahead! Tell him! I’m not lying to you, Taylor!” I said and Taylor grabbed her phone and called her brother.

“Taylor, I don’t think that she’s lying! It’s just the media trying to bring up something that’s nothing! Look they even have her with some of the Kings. Look!” Ashley said and I nodded my head.

Taylor sighed and then hung up her phone and looked at me, “Don’t hurt my brother.”

“I wouldn’t dream of it,” I said and she sighed.

“Sorry.”

“No, it’s all right; I understand why you’re doing it. Trust me I do,” I said and then sighed and walked back into the other room and collapsed onto my bed, only for my relaxation to be interrupted by my phone ringing. Not bothering to look to see who it was, “Hello?”

“Alex! Help!”

“James?” I asked and then sat up.

“Sam saw the magazine and she freaked out! I’m trying to tell her-“

“Put her on the phone!” I growled.

“What?!”

“What the hell are you going crazy about?!”

“The picture!”

“It’s just a picture. Jesus Christ, I just had to go through this a few minutes ago. Sam, calm down! Do you think that I would really do this?”

“No.”

“Good girl, now go say that you’re sorry and have some make up sex!” I said and then shook my head and shut my phone off. I sighed and then picked my phone back up, “Might as well check on the others to make sure they’re not dead yet.”

-Sidney-
“Hello?”

“Sid! Man you gotta help me! Mel’s going crazy and I don’t know what to do! I don’t even know what she’s talking about!”

“Geno?”

“Who else would it be?”

“What are you talking about?” I asked confused as I walked through my door and saw Zeus walking towards me.

“The picture!”

“What picture?”

“I don’t know! Some picture? Get Alex! Right now! I need help here man! I can’t take care of this, I’m in Russia!”

“And I’m home! Alex is in L.A.!”

“What?! Why is she there? What did you do?”

“Why do you always assume I did something?” I asked as I walked into the kitchen and grabbed some water, “She had an interview with Ellen; she’s down there with my Mom and sister.”

“Oh man, she’s in the battle zone! Safe us all, Sidney!” Geno yelled and then hung up the phone.

“What the hell is going on?!” I asked myself and then decided to call Alex.