Sequel: Captain of My Life

Oh Captain, My Captain

Oh Captain, My Captain (Sidney Crosby) 066:

Chapter Sixty Six
-Alex-
I finally laid down on the bed, I had finished calling all of my teammates and made sure that they were out of the dog house and their couches were empty. I had tried to call Geno and Sidney, but I could never get through, so I gave us and decided that I was finally going to go to bed because it was pretty late. Trine, Taylor and Ashley had gone out to dinner without me, because I was going to be on the phone for a while.

Just as I was getting comfortable on my bed, my phone rang and I cursed because all I wanted was to sleep, “Hello?”

“Alex! I’ve been trying to get you for hours but your phone was busy!”

“Sidney, why- Oh you saw those pictures too didn’t you?!”

“No, but Geno called freaking out because Mel was yelling at him over the phone! I’m so confused, what the hell is going on?”

“The media posted pictures of me with my friends and everyone is taking it the wrong way. It’s just one huge misunderstanding! Even your sister was yelling at me!”

“Taylor? Why?”

“Just look at the pictures, Sidney!” I said annoyed and then sighed, “Sorry, I was on the phone with a lot of the guys making sure that this situation didn’t breaking any relationships up.”

“That bad?”

“Just look at them,” I said and rubbed my face and then told him the website of the magazine company.

“Hold on,” he said and then I heard him typing on a keyboard on the other line. I heard Sarabi barking and I smiled because I missed my girl.

“How are the dogs?”

“Missing you! I miss you too.”

“I miss you. I can’t wait to come back,” I said and then laid on my back and stared at the ceiling, “You there?”

“Yeah, I’m looking at them now,” he said and I nodded my head, not like he was going to see it, “Oh.”

“Oh? Why oh? Sidney, come on you know-“

“No, it’s not the pictures, because I think I was there for like all of them, plus I know you wouldn’t, it’s the picture captions I can see why they’re all going nuts,” he said and I was confused.

“Captions? There were no captions,” I said and then grabbed the magazine out of Taylor’s room and then jumped back onto my bed.

“There are, and they’re not saying nice things,” he said and then sighed.

I opened the magazine and then turned to the pages with the pictures, “How did I miss those?” I asked as I saw the captions and almost crumbled the magazine, “Oh, I think I need to call this company.”

“Alex, come down, they’re just making-“

“No Sidney! They’re basically making it out to look like I’m a slut!”

“Babe, no, come on, just tweet a professional comment. Don’t get so worked up over this! You know your fans don’t believe this!”

I sighed and then walked over towards my laptop and turned it wrong, ‘…He’s right, this is how these assholes get paid…’

“Alex?”

“Hold on, I’m going onto Twitter,” I said and then logged into my account, “Help me out here; I’m not good at being professional.”

I heard Sidney chuckle on the other line and then he sighed, “Let me think.”

“All right,” I said and then started to type something that might work but then just deleted it because I didn’t like how it came out.

“All right, give me your password so I can post this,” he said and I gave him my password, “Now don’t delete it!”

“Fine,” I said sounding like a child.

“I love you Alex.”

“Love you too, and thank you.”

“Any time, I’ll see you in a few days,” Sidney said and then hung up and I refreshed my page to read what he had put up.

-Regarding the matter of the pictures between myself, my team and my former team, I’d like to give out my statement, saying that these were taken with a bond between friends, between brother and sister, nothing more and nothing less. I do not appreciate the media making it out to be what it’s not and not only hurting myself, but the families of my teammates, past and present. If we’re going to post pictures, please do it in an appropriate and correct manner, thank you!-

‘…Oh he’s good…’ I thought as I smirked and shook my head. I texted him a thank you and then shut my laptop down and went to bed finally.

-Sidney-
“Are they still on this matter?” my Dad asked as we sat in front of the TV and watched ESPN.

I nodded my head and then sighed because the announcers were talking about the pictures. It’s been a whole day, and they’ve been talking all day about these damn pictures.

“Ridicules!” my Dad said and I nodded my head and sighed.

“And we’ve just got word that Alexandra Conners tweeted last night, her views on this whole situation,” the announcer said and then the tweet appeared on the screen and I smiled at my work as the announcer read the tweet out loud, “Well Alex, if you’re watching, ESPN would like you to know, that we do not believe what is said and wish you well!”

“You wrote that didn’t you?”

“Yeah, she couldn’t figure out what to write that didn’t make her sound like an asshole,” I answered and my Dad laughed.

“I would just cursed the magazine out,” he said and I laughed.

“I think that’s what she was going to do,” I said and then looked at Sarabi to see that she was just staring at the front door, “One more day, Sarabi. Mommy will be home in one more day!”

“Are you telling that to the dog or yourself?”

“A little bit of both actually.”

-Alex-
It was the night before we left to go home and I was sitting in front of my laptop checking my Twitter to see that my fans as reposted my tweet and were saying that they didn’t believe it and I smiled.

‘…I think you saved my ass and my career, Sid…’

The door to the room opened and Trina, Taylor and Ashley walked in. I smiled towards them and then Taylor walked over towards me.

“How’s the issue going?”

“I think it’s resolved, but I’m not sure,” I said she nodded her head, “How was the pool?”

“Awesome, there were these really hot guys down there!” she said and I laughed, “You should have come down with us!”

“And do what? I don’t need to be checking out any hot guys, I have a hot guy back in Nova Scotia waiting for me!”

“Ah yes, my adorable big brother! But Alex! You never heard of window shopping?!”

“Excuse me?”

“Look but not touch!” Ashley said and I snorted and we all laughed.

“Where did you come up with that one?” I asked and Taylor looked over towards Trina.

“I’m sad to say that I taught her that one,” Trina said and I laughed.

“Well- I don’t know what to say,” I said while laughing a little.

“Are you three all packed?” Trina asked and I nodded my head.

“Not yet, we’ll do that now,” Taylor said and then she and Ashley walked into their room and started to pack their bags because tomorrow morning we were heading back to Halifax.