Sequel: Captain of My Life

Oh Captain, My Captain

Oh Captain, My Captain (Sidney Crosby) 068:

Chapter Sixty Eight
-Alex-
"Come on slow poke! Move that fine ass of yours!" I teased as I ran on the treadmill.
Sidney was running on the treadmill next to me shaking his head, "Shut up, if you don't remember, YOU kept me up last night," he said and I smirked.
A month has gone by since I started my summer in Nova Scotia and it was time to start training our bodies back into hockey peak. Running, lifting, stretching, the whole deal. I only had a month until we headed back to Pittsburgh, and I was a little excited to see my house and the rest of the guys again.
By this time, Mel was already in Russia with Geno and Sam was already in Oshawa, Ontario with James. Brandon had gone home back to Texas, because the Bruins didn't make it to the Championship, and I know that Steph might have been going with him for a little, but I'm not too sure. This season, neither the Kings or the Bruins made it to the Championship, but both were pretty close. The Chicago Blackhawks beat the Anaheim Ducks for the 2013 Stanley Cup.
"Alex you almost finished?" Sidney asked as I hit cooldown button on my treadmill and looked over towards him.
"Five more minutes," I said and he nodded his head and then started to lift weights.
Sidney wasn't much for running like I was, he didn't like the four mile run, instead, he spent most of his time lifting. Me, running five miles was no problem, it was the lifting part that I had problems with sometimes. Sidney had to help me with the heavier weights because I had more muscle strength in my legs than I did in my arms.
"Hey guys!"
I turned my head and smiled when I saw a familiar face, "Hi Zach! How are you?" I asked as I finished up on the treadmill.
Zach Sill a Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguin had walked into the gym and I smiled towards him. I forgot that he lived up around here.
"Hi Alex," he said and then kissed my cheek, "Fun workout?"
"Yeah, I'm all sweaty," I laughed and saw Sidney walked over and they shook hands, "I'll talk to you later, Zach," I said and then walked away and let the boys talk as I walked over towards the weights and started to lift.

-Sidney-
I had finished talking to Zach, it was funny to see him here since he lived about an hour away, but I guess the training center that he and a few other guys usually go to had some problems and they road tripped it down to this one. Which was no problem because there was a lot of room.
When Alex and I finished up with our four hour work out, when left and headed back to my Rover. As we pulled into my driveway, I saw that there was another car there, and Alex and I got out and I looked at it.
"Who is it?" Alex asked and I shook my head.
"Don't recognize it," I said and then walked to the front door and saw that it was unlocked, "Stay behind me."
"Sid?"
"Stay," I said and opened the door in case it was a robber or something. I opened the door and heard the TV on and I was confused. I looked down and saw a pair of Uggs by the door and sighed, "I know who it is."
"Who?"
"Annabelle," I growled and then walked into the house and into the living room to see the skinny blonde sitting on my couch watching reality TV, "What are you doing here?!"
She jumped a little and turned around, smiling when she saw my, "Siddy!"
"Siddy?" Alex asked confused and I shook my head.
'...I hate that nickname...'
"Why are you here? How did you get a key?" I asked annoyed.
"Your buddy, Jack told me you were home, I wanted to see you," she said and then walked over towards me and wrapped her arms around my neck, completely ignoring Alex's presence, "Why do you smell?"
I grabbed her arms and took them off of me and took a step back, "Gym, you never answered why you were here!"
"I said that I wanted to see you, silly," she said and I shook my head.
"I'm sorry, who are you?" Alex asked and I froze.
'...Shit, ex girlfriend meet girlfriend...'
"Annabelle," she said and then I watched as she looked Alex up and down, "Who are you?"
"Alex," she answered and then I heard her bag slam onto the ground.
'...Uh oh...'
"Siddy, why is she here?" Annabelle whined and I threw my hands in the air and scoffed.
"The question should be why are you here? And how the hell did you get in?" I asked and she held up a key. I snatched it out of her hands and shoved it in your pocket.
"You're going to have to find a better place than under a rock for your spare key, Siddy," she smiled and I growled.
"I'm sorry but, who are you?" Alex asked and Annabelle looked at her.
"Not too bright are you? I said I'm Annabelle sweetie."
"No 'sweetie', I got that. But who the hell are YOU?!" Alex asked annoyed.
"I'm Sidney's girlfriend!" she said and my eyes widened.
"EX!" I yelled in there before Alex could get the bad idea.

-Alex-
"Come again?" I asked because this blonde bobble head just said that she was Sidney's girlfriend when I knew that was definitely not true.
"Alex, no, she's not-"
"I came to visit you in Pittsburgh and everything!" she whined and I sighed.
"That wasn't a visit, that was an ambush!"
"When did you-"
"For Easter!" she said and my eyes widened.
"When I was in the hospital?!" I growled and then slapped Sidney's arm, "You didn't tell me!"
"No, it wasn't what it- Hey wait a minute- Alex, it's not what-"
"Save it," I growled and then grabbed my bag and walked upstairs and I paused when I heard Sidney yelling at the blonde bitch.
'...I've never heard him yell before...' I thought because Sidney wasn't usually the yelling type.

-Sidney-
"Get the hell out of my house! Annabelle if you've ruined my relationship with Alex, you'll be sorry!" I growled and looked at me like she was going to cry, "Get out! I know those are fake!"
"Why are you being so mean to me?"
I grabbed her arm, probably a little too hard, but I was pissed. I practically threw her out of my house and slammed the door behind her and double locking the door, '...I'll have to remember to have the locks changed tomorrow...'
I looked towards the stairs and sighed and then headed up them, "Alex."
"Go away!" I heard and then looked to see that she had locked herself in my bathroom.
I sighed and then leaned against the wall and slid down to the ground, "I'm sorry I didn't tell you about her, Alex."
"What the hell is she to you?"
"She's nothing! I broke up with her a year ago. After I had my concussion!" I said and then heard Alex pacing back and forth, "Alex, come on, talk to me!"
"Sidney! You lied to me! You never told me that she came to visit you!" Alex growled and I held my face and sighed.
"I didn't know what to say. She just came out of nowhere, Geno and James were shocked too.
The door burst opened and I fell back, "THEY KNEW TOO!!!"
'...Shit, sorry guys...'
"Look Alex! I told them not to say anything! I was going to tell you when you woke up, but I was so happy to see you I forgot!" I said and then stood up and looked at her.
"You should have told me!"
"I know, I'm sorry," I said and then took a step forward only for the door to slam in my face.
"Go away! I'm pissed at you!" she yelled and then I heard the door lock and I sighed.
"Alex please, I love you!"
"I'm going home!" she yelled and my eyes widened and I held me head.