Sequel: Captain of My Life

Oh Captain, My Captain

Oh Captain, My Captain (Sidney Crosby) 070:

Chapter Seventy
"I can't believe that we're leaving," Alex whined and I smiled and placed my arm around her shoulder and kissed her head.
"I know babe, but training camp starts in three days," I said and she sighed and nodded her head.
A month had gone by and it was time for us to head back to Pittsburgh. I had all the bags downstairs and ready to go, it was about seven in the morning and we were going to drive ten hours and stop for the night at Manchester, New Hampshire. The next morning, we were going to continue the rest of the ten hour drive back to Pittsburgh.
James had called me yesterday and told me that he and Sam were back at the house and that Geno and Mel would be back tomorrow. I saw a car pull into the driveway and knew that it was my parents'. I called Alex and she walked towards the front door from the kitchen holding a cup of coffee.
"My parents are here," I said and she nodded her head and wrapped her arm around my back.
Everyone said their goodbyes and we packed the car up and were on the road. Alex kept on asking me to pull over and let her drive but I wouldn't because I was trying to be nice, but for the three hours of the drive, I gave in and let her drive because I got really tired.

-Alex-
We arrived at the little cottage that Sidney had rented for the night and it was about five o'clock at night. He helped my bring the dogs and the bags into the place and then collapsed onto the couch. I smiled and then closed the door and locked the car. I threw the keys onto the table next to the door and then walked over towards Sidney and sat down next to him on the couch.
"This place is cute," I said and he smiled and nodded his head.
"I figured you would like someplace quiet," he said and I kissed his cheek and then placed my hand on his thigh.
"You're tired, why don't you go and get some sleep," I said and then moved a piece of hair out of his face. He grabbed my hand and then kissed my knuckles and I smiled towards him, "Go get some sleep, babe."
"All right," he said and then stood up from the couch and walked over towards the bedroom and I decided that I was going to go and explore this little cottage neighborhood.
I grabbed the dog's leashes and then walked out of the cottage making sure to grab the key and locking the door behind me. Sarabi, Zeus and I walked the path and then saw that there was a little lake and then walked over towards it. Sarabi sat down next to me and Zeus was running around by the lake trying to catch some of the fish. My phone went off and I looked down to see that it was Sam texting me telling me that she was back at the house, and that they had gotten back yesterday. I replied telling her that James had told Sidney, and he told me. We were talking about our trips and then I heard someone come up behind me and saw Sidney standing there.
"Hey, I thought you were going to bed," I said and he yawned and then sat down on the rock behind me and I leaned back against his chest.
"It was too quiet, your snoring usually helps me sleep," he teased and I playfully slapped my arm.
"Shut up, you're the one that snores," I said and he kissed my head and the placed his hand on my knee.
"This view is beautiful," he said and I nodded my head and then saw that Zeus had seen Sidney and ran over towards us, "Hi buddy!"
After about an hour of just sitting on the rock and staring out at the lake, we decided that we were going to bring the dogs back to the cottage and go and get something to eat.
"What about that place?" Sidney asked as we saw a little family diner.
"Sure," I said and he pulled into a parking spot and then parked the car, "This place is cute."
"Uh, cute wasn't the word that came to my mind," Sidney said as we looked at the Elvis Presley themed diner, "Nope, not cute."
I laughed and then we sat down at a booth and looked at the menu. A waitress walked over and took our drink order and I decided that I was just going to get the classic cheeseburger, fries and strawberry milkshake. Sidney got the same thing, except he got a chocolate milkshake.
When we finished eating we paid and then drove back to the cottage to see that Sarabi was being chased around the cottage by Zeus. I laughed when he tried to jump onto Sarabi, but she just used her massive paws to push him away.
"Come on guys, go to bed," I said and then they jumped onto the couch and I sighed.
"Take your our advice and come to bed too," Sidney said as he wrapped his arms around my waist and then kissed my neck.
"All right," I said and then the two of us walked into the tiny bedroom and jumped onto the king size bed.
I changed into shorts and a tank top and then climbed into bed and under the covers. Sidney changed into his pajama pants and then took his shirt off and jumped into bed. I smiled and then laid my head on his shoulder and tangled our legs together.
We weren't able to have our eyes closed for five minutes and we started to hear the dogs barking. I sighed and then got up confused, because they never parked throughout the night. I looked to see that they were barking at the window and I shook my head and walked back into the room.
"What is it?"
"Probably a raccoon or something," I said and he nodded his head and I climbed back into the bed, "They'll quiet down in a little bit."
"All right."
But they didn't. For over an hour they barked and barked and barked and I was growing rather frustrated because I wanted to sleep. Sidney was tossing and turning in the bed and the growled and sat up.
"We gotta do something to shut those dogs up," he said and I sighed and then sat up and got out of bed.
I heard Sidney follow behind me and then the two of us walked into the living room to see that Sarabi and Zeus were looking towards the ceiling and barking. Sidney turned the light on and we both looked up to see what they were looking up to see nothing.
"Is it a ghost?" I joked and looked over towards Sidney to see that he wasn't amused. I sighed and then placed my hand on his chest, "Get your headphones out and get some sleep, I'll try to calm them down."
"Are you sure?" he asked and then I reached up and pressed my lips to his.
"Get some sleep, babe."
"All right, have fun," he said and then rubbed my arm and walked back into the room.
"I'll try not to have too much without you," I said and he smiled and I closed the door. I sighed and then walked over towards the dogs and sat on the couch, they ran over and then jumped onto the couch and I started to pet them, "All right guys, what are you barking at?"
Sarabi and Zeus continued to stare at the ceiling and I sighed not seeing what they were looking at. I was rubbing their sides trying to get them to calm down but they weren't.
"Come on guys, we have to go on the road tomorrow and it doesn't help when you bark like this. We need sleep," I whined and then laid my head on Sarabi's back and then scratched Zeus' side.

-Sidney-
I woke up the next morning to find that I was in bed by myself. I took my headphones off and then got out of bed and walked into the living room to see that Alex was sleeping on the couch, using Sarabi's stomach as a pillow and Zeus was laying on top of her as a blanket, the TV was on and the lights were still on. I smiled and then got my phone and took a picture of it. I walked over towards her and placed my hand on her arm.
"Alex," she moved a little and I smirked when she swatted my hand away, "Alex."
"Go away," she muttered and I chuckled and then walked around the couch and knelt down in front of her.
Sarabi lifted her head and then started to lick my face. I laughed and then scratched her neck and then started to shake Alex, but she didn't want to get up, "Babe come on, it's time to hit the road."
"I don't wanna," she muttered and I sighed and then pulled Zeus off of her and then placed my arms under her legs and then under her back, making her arm go around my shoulder.
I picked her up and then carried her out to the car, then went back inside to pack our bags and the dogs and hit the road.
It was about eight in the morning and I had checked out of the cottage and headed for the highway.
About three hours into the drive, Alex was still asleep and I decided to pull over and check on her. I got out of the car and walked over towards her side and saw that she just tired. I woke her up and she looked at me and smiled, "You're awake."
"Where am I?"
"We're heading home, go back to sleep," I said and then walked to the back of the car and grabbed a blanket and one of my sweatshirts, "What time did you go to sleep?"
"Three? Four? I don't know, they just wouldn't be quiet," she muttered and then leaned her head against the window.
"Get some sleep, we'll be home in a few hours," I said and then kissed her head and then let her sleep.
I got back on the road and then headed for Pittsburgh.