Sequel: Captain of My Life

Oh Captain, My Captain

Oh Captain, My Captain (Sidney Crosby) 072:

Chapter Seventy Two
"All right guys, good work, you've been keeping up with your training," Coach said as he looked at his tired and out of breath team, "There's another thing that I want to mention," we all looked up towards him and saw him pulling out a piece of paper, "You've all heard of the TV show Wipeout?" most of us shook our heads, myself included. Coach then sighed and walked into his office and rolled out a small TV, he turned it on and then placed a DVD into the player, "Watch."
My eyes widened at what I realized what this TV show was. Crazy people competing through an obstacle course to win fifty thousand dollars.
"What's this about, Coach?" Marc asked and I bit my lip.
"The league is hosting a competition and the winning team gets to donate their winnings to the organization of their choice," Coach explained and I sighed, "We only need five players from each team."
"Is this every team?" I asked and Coach nodded his head.
"Only one hundred and fifty people get to compete in this game," he said and I sighed and shook my head, "I've chosen the five, but you need to sign this paper saying that you're willing to do it," everyone nodded their heads and then Coach pulled out another paper, "Crosby, Letang, Talbot, Conners and Fleury, you five will be the dream team, representing the Pittsburgh Penguins, if you agree."
'...Freaking perfect...' I thought as I sighed and nodded my head agreeing to this stupid game.
"All right, our organization is the St. Luke's Children's Hospital," Coach said and we all nodded our heads, "Pack your bags, we leave for Florida in three days."
"The whole team?" Geno asked.
"Well these five are going to need some cheerleaders!" Coach said and we laughed, "Go home and tell your families now!"
I smirked and then stood up and grabbed my bag. We all headed outside and I shook my head. Max, Sidney, James and I walked over towards my car and then headed back to my house. When we walked into the house and I sighed, leading the three tired boys up the stairs.
"I think my legs are going to fall off," I laughed as I held onto the walls for support.
"When did Coach say that we're leaving?" Max asked.
"Three days," I said and then whined, "What do we even pack for this?"
"I have no clue," Sidney said as I walked towards the fridge and grabbed water passing it to the next person like a working team, "I'll ask coach tomorrow."
"Hey guys! How was camp?" Sam asked as she walked into the kitchen only to hear us all moan, "That fun, huh?"
"Twelve hours of camp will do it to ya, babe," James said and then kissed her head and then told her about the competition.
"Do Mel and I get to go?" she asked and I shrugged my shoulders.
"I guess if you want, I mean Coach is letting the boys' wives and kids go, so maybe," I said and she nodded her head.
"So you three are probably excited!" she said and I sighed.
"I don't know about excited," I said and then chugged my bottle down and then leaned against the counter and fell to my butt, "My legs won't work."
The guys laughed and then Max and Sidney hopped onto the counter, while James practically hung onto Sam.
"So Mel called and said that she and Geno will be over around six, so you guys be ready by then!" Sam said and I looked at her confused.
"For what?"
"For your birthday celebration!" she cheered and I sighed.
"I was hoping that you had forgotten about that!" I said and she shook her head.
"Never!"
"Well, if we're going out tonight, then I'm going to soak in the tub and at least try to get this extra skin of sweat off," I said and then tried to stand up, but that didn't happen, "A little help please."
"James, help her!" Max said.
"Why not you? Or her boyfriend?" James asked as he slowly walked over and held out his hands.
"Because we can't move and you're the only one standing," Sidney said and we laughed.
I grabbed James' hands and he pulled me up and then I slowly walked up the stairs feeling my aching body whine with soreness.

-Sidney-
Camp started at five in the morning, and we didn't leave until five in the afternoon, and then Sam tells us that Geno and Mel were going to be here for six, and that some of the team was going to meet at the Pub for seven. Somehow I didn't think that that was going to happen.
I sighed and then slid off of the counter and made my way upstairs. I walked into the room and looked into the bathroom to see that Alex was laying in the tub with her head back and some candles lit. I smirked and then walked into the closet and dug through the clothes. Alex and I had a discussion last night after everyone went home or to sleep, and she had said that it was stupid for me to buy or rent a place because I practically lived here, so we made it permanent and I'm moved in. Alex had cleared a space in the closet for me and everything.
"Sid?"
"Yup," I said and then walked towards the door to see that she was looking at me.
"I don't want to go tonight," she said and I smiled and walked over towards her and pressed my lips onto hers.
"You'll have fun!"
"But we have training tomorrow too! We're gunna die!"
"It's only six hours tomorrow," I said and she sighed and I knelt down next to her and wrapped my arms around her neck and kissed her head.
"Why twelve today?"
"I think Coach just wanted to see if we've been training over the summer," I said and she sighed.
"Good thing we did."
"I know right," I said and then watched as she turned around in her tub and smiled towards me, "What?"
I watched as her hands came out of the water and she grabbed my shirt and pulled it over my head and then started to untie the strings to my sweatpants. I smirked and then pressed my lips against her and moved closer towards her and climbing into the water while kicking my pants off.

-Alex-
"How does this look?" I asked as I came out of the bathroom and looked to see that Sidney was fixing his tie.
"You look beautiful," he said and I smiled and walked over towards him and pressed my lips against his, "I like the necklace," he said and I smiled as I was wearing the necklace that he had bought me for Christmas last year. I was wearing a white summer dress with a short leather jacket and some black ankle boots.
"You having a little trouble there?" I laughed as I saw Sidney struggling with his tie.
"A little," he said and I smiled and walked over towards him and fixed hi tie, "Thanks."
"Anytime," I said and then pulled him down by his tie and pressed my lips against his.
"You guys ready?" I heard Max ask from the doorway.
Sidney sighed as he pulled away and looked up, "Yeah we're coming."
"Geno's downstairs and he says he wants to hit the road before he falls asleep," Max said and I smirked and turned around and started to walk out of the room.
"Where are we going anyways?" I asked as the three of us start down the stairs.
"Where we always go," Sidney said and I laughed and shook my head.
"Alex! Where did you get that dress? It's so cute!" Mel said as I appeared in the kitchen.
"I bought it when I was in L.A., this is the dress that I wore when I was on Ellen," I said and Mel smiled.
"Oh yeah! I saw that! You did good," she said and I smiled towards her.
"Thanks. Are we ready to go?" I asked and everyone nodded their head.
We all walked outside and divided our party into two cars and headed to the pub to meet up with everyone.