Sequel: Captain of My Life

Oh Captain, My Captain

Oh Captain, My Captain (Sidney Crosby) 076:

Chapter Seventy Six
“You ready Kris?!” Sidney yelled from his spot in the course and Kris held up his hand, “Alex?!”
“Ready!”
“Max?!”
“All set, bro!”
“Tarzan?!”
“AAAAHAHAHAAAAA!!!” Marc yelled and I laughed.
“All right! Let’s do this!” he yelled and we all nodded our heads and I threw my hair into a tight ponytail.
Three.
Two.
One.
The horn sounded and Kris was off. He ran down the moving platform and then jumped across the moving logs, I couldn't believe how fast he was moving, and how good he was at this. He had slipped on the last log and landed on his chest, legs dangling off of the logs and I was just itching to help him.
"Come on Kris! You got this!" I yelled and then cheered when he climbed onto the log and jumped onto the platform. Kris climbed through the spinning puzzle and landed on his back in front of me, "Hand!" I shouted and slapped my hand with his.
"Come on Alex!" I heard the guys cheer as I looked at the five balls in front of me.
I've watched people all night bounce off of these, and I'm pretty sure that I know how to get over them. I jumped onto the first one and clung to it, I then stood up and lightly jumped from one ball to the other, making it there, without falling at all. I could hear the guys cheering and I smirked when I jumped onto the platform and headed towards the bridge.
I cursed when I made it half way over the bridge and the one section shot up and I lost my balance and fell into the water. Luckily, I only had to do that one section over again, and not the balls. I quickly made my way over, trying to control my breathing, and then jumped onto the platform and slammed my hand onto Sidney's.
"Go baby!" I said and he nodded his head and I caught my breath while laying face first onto the foam platform.
"Alex!" I looked over the platform and then saw Kris in the water, "Come on!"
I nodded my head and then stood up and jumped into the water, swimming with Kris over to the edge where my teammates were waiting with towels, because it was getting dark out and that water was getting cold. I looked back towards the course and saw that, just like Tyler, Sidney had hit the target and our time went back twenty seconds. At that moment, Max was underwater finding the logo and then came up and threw it to Marc.
"Go Tarzan!" I yelled as I held the blanket tight to me and watched as Marc wrapped his arm around the rope a few times and then jumped up and swung over towards the separate platform and jumped into the water so that he could run to the finish line.
Eight minutes fifty two seconds!
The team cheered and then we hugged each other. The was the lowest time in our division so far, but there were still two most groups, plus the Canadiens, that needed to go. Max and Sidney swam over towards us and I held out my hand for Sidney, while Kris got Max. I opened my blanket and wrapped my arms around his waist and he smiled and kissed my head.
"Damn that water's cold!" Max said and Dustin threw his a blanket.
"Where's Marc at?" Geno asked and we looked around to see that he was running over towards us.
"I totally Tarzan'd that rope out!" he said and we laughed.
We all headed back towards our bench and the Kings all congratulated me and I smiled and then looked over to see that he held up his arm congratulating me and I held mine up, something that we picked up after watching the Breakfast Club a while ago. I looked to see that the Canadiens got into place, and once they were ready, the horn sounded.

-Sidney-
We all cheered as soon as the clock hit eight minutes and fifty two seconds and we saw that the Canadians were still stuck on trying to get across the giant balls. I rubbed Alex's shoulders as I saw her laugh when David Desharnais was on his fourth try. She leaned back against me and then laid her head against my leg.
The Canadiens were told that they didn't need to continue because they were way over their time limit. We all cheered and then I watched as some of the guys waved goodbye to the Montreal Canadiens.
We watched as the New Jersey Devils faced off against the Boston Bruins, and lost. I watched Alex laugh when her cousin fell into the water, and then watched her crack up and high five Kris when Milan Lucic had some sort of pie thrown at his head that made him fall into the water.
When the New York Rangers faced off against the Toronto Maple Leafs I felt someone tap my knee and I looked down to see Max and Marc staring at Alex smirking. I leaned forwards and saw that she was asleep against my leg and I smirked. I looked up and saw that it was dark out and that they had some stadium lights up to make it bright enough to see.
"Let her sleep," I muttered when Max was going to wake her up, "We'll wake her when it's time to leave."
They nodded their heads and we watched as the Maple Leafs lost against the Rangers. I sighed and then looked around to see that the five times that were going to make it to the next round were sitting in their bleachers.
"Congratulations on making it to the next round," the announcer said while appearing in front of us. I tapped Alex on the shoulder and she sat up and looked around and I smiled towards her, "You will report here at eight in the morning to find out what you're in for next. Have a good night."
We all stood up and headed back towards the buses.
"Alex!" I turned around with Alex to see that Brandon was running over towards us. I heard her laugh when she saw that Brandon had some of the pie in his hair, "Yeah, Lucic threw some at me when I busted him. You did good out there, I don't think anyone made it across those balls except you."
"No, a few people did this morning, I just made it over faster," she said and I smirked and laced my fingers with her.
"A few of us are going for drinks when we get back and showered, you wanna come?" he asked and I gripped her hand.
"No, I'm just going to go to sleep, but thanks," she said and I relaxed and then we walked away after saying out goodbyes, "You can relax, Sid, I'm too tired to go out tonight."
I laughed nervously as we walked onto the bus and sat in the first row, because those seats that were the only ones opened that were next to each other.
When we got back to the hotel, we all went to our rooms and Alex and Marc raced to the room to fight for the bathroom.
"Vero has the key!" Alex yelled and we all groaned because we needed to go back downstairs to get Vero.
"She's my wife, she'll let me in!" Marc said and then ran down the hall and Alex sighed and leaned against the door.
"I help you?"
I looked up to see that there was an older lady pushing a cleaning cart, '...A little late to be cleaning...'
"Yes!" Alex said as she stood up and smiled, "I left my key inside the room, can you open the door for me?"
"Sure, sure," the woman said and then got her key out and opened the door.
"Thank you so much," Alex said and I smiled towards the woman and Alex laughed while hoping into the room, "Suck on that, Marc! Bathroom is all mine!"
I laughed and then shook my head and walked into the room with her. Alex ran over towards her bag and then couldn't find anything and the door was opening.
"No!!!" she yelled and then ran to the door and slammed it closed and then locked it.
"Alex? What are you doing?" Marc yelled and I laughed and high fived her, "Dammit, come on!"
"Bathroom's mine, Marc!" she yelled and I shook my head, "Screw it," Alex said and then picked up her whole bag and ran into the bathroom, "Ok! Let him in!"
I shook my head as I walked over towards the door and unlocked it and opened it. I watched as Marc stood on the other side with and annoyed face, standing next to an amused Vero.
"Where is she?!" he asked trying to sound angry, but I knew he was holding back from laughing.
"Bathroom."
"Dammit!" he yelled and I looked to see Vero laughing and some of the other guys coming out of the room to see what was going on, "Alex! Don't take all the hot water!"