Sequel: Captain of My Life

Oh Captain, My Captain

Oh Captain, My Captain (Sidney Crosby) 077:

Chapter Seventy Seven
-Alex-
We all stood in front of the new course, staring at awe and wondering how we're going to pull this one off. Bleachers surrounded this course, and everyone but the five players were sitting in a different section.
The remaining teams: the Anaheim Ducks, San Jose Sharks, Colorado Avalanche, L.A. Kings, Dallas Stars, Carolina Hurricanes, Chicago Blackhawks, Nashville Predators, Florida Panthers, Washington Capitals, Pittsburgh Penguins, Philadelphia Flyers, Boston Bruins, New York Rangers and Buffalo Sabres.
"All right!" the announcer stood in front of us and the seventy five of us that were left stood in front of her, "We have gone over everyone's time, and the top three teams that were the fastest were, in third place, the Chicago Blackhawks, with nine minutes twenty second," she said and I looked over towards the guys to see that they were disappointed.
'...Damn, I'm surprised that they didn't get first, they're known for their speed...' I thought as I felt Sidney lace his fingers with mine.
"In second place, with eight minutes, fifty six seconds, the San Jose Sharks!"
'...Wait, that means!...' I thought excitedly.
"And in first place, with the immunity, with eight minutes and fifty two seconds, the Pittsburgh Penguins!" she announced and we all cheered.
All the guys were high fiving and then we looked over towards our team to see that they were standing up and cheering. I laughed as the guys hugged me and then headed back over towards the team.
"In this round, only one person from each team may participate. Fourteen people will be participating in this round," she said and we took our seats and watched as the other teams chose what one person will do this round, "Has each team chosen?" they nodded their heads, "Will the fourteen people please step forward?"
The Anaheim Ducks chose, Nate Guenin; San Jose Sharks chose, Joe Thornton; Colorado Avalanche chose, Milan Hejduk; L.A. Kings chose, Jeff Carter; Dallas Stars chose, Brenden Morrow; Carolina Hurricanes chose, Jordan Staal; Chicago Blackhawks chose, Steve Montador; Nashville Predators chose, Craig Smith; Florida Panthers chose, Marcel Goc; Washington Capitals chose, Alexander Ovechkin; Philadelphia Flyers chose, Matt Read; Boston Bruins chose, Milan Lucic; New York Rangers chose, Marc Staal and Buffalo Sabres chose, Jason Pominville.
"All right, it's a simple course, jump onto each two foot wide platform, avoiding the turning foam hula hoops and spinning logs that are trying knock you off. The first five people that make it to the finish line, advance to the third round," she said as I looked at the course and saw that those hula hoops and spinning logs were constantly going to be at them, there was water shooting at them, trying to knock them into the water below, "Players, please swim to the beginning platform!"
They fourteen people jumped into the water and swam over towards the latter, where the climbed to the platform. The horn sounded and the boys were pushing each other out of the way to get to the first tiny platform. The hula hoops came and knocked at least half of them into the water, and I laughed when I saw that Carolina's Jordan Staal was holding onto the hula hoop and his team was yelling for him to let go. We all started to laugh as the horn blew for everyone to stop, because the staff had to come and help Jordan, because somehow he got stuck to the hula hoop.
Once everyone was situated, the game continued and the race was on. Chicago's, Steve Montador was the first person to make it to the finish line and I sighed. Ovechkin was the second and I growled and shook my head and then felt Sidney put his hand on my shoulder. Jordan Staal was the third, Marc Staal was the fourth, and Milan Lucic was the fifth, and I growled when I saw him push Jeff Carter out of the way as he jumped to the finish line. Kings could have made it, if it wasn't for Lucic.
I cursed and then looked over towards the Kings to see that they looked disappointed, as well as the other teams that didn't make it. The five that made it cheered and then headed over towards their teams. The announcer came forwards and then grabbed her microphone.
"Congratulations to the six teams that made it to the third round. If the remaining teams would follow me, I will bring you to the next course. The rest of the teams, feel free to watch for the rest of the day, or you may leave," she said and then I walked over towards the Kings and smiled towards them.
"Sorry you didn't make it."
"Eh, it's no big deal."
"Stupid Lucic, I wanna kick his ass," Jeff said and I smiled and patted his chest.
"Are you guys gunna stay?" I asked and Dustin nodded his head.
"Yeah, if we can't win this, then we at least want our favorite person and her team to win," Mike Richards said and I smirked and shook my head.
"We'll be cheering for you, Angel," Trevor said and I nodded my head and then headed back over towards my team.
"So congrats on doing the first course the fastest," Brandon said while appearing next to me and wrapped his arm around my shoulder.
"Thanks, I'd like to think it's because I got over the giant balls pretty fast," I bragged and he laughed and shook his head.
"Who knows," he said and then walked over towards his team while I jogged over towards mine, who were waiting for me.
"Ready?" Marc asked and I nodded my head.
We followed the other teams to the next course and I shook my head when I saw it, '...This just keeps getting crazier and crazier...'
"Holy shit!" Kris said and I nodded my head.
I heard some of the other players muttered curses when they saw the course and I bit my lip, "I think they're trying to kill us."
"I told you it was like the Hunger Games," Max said and I snorted.
"Shut up, Max," Sidney said as I felt someone lean on my shoulder and turned to see Kris.
"This is definitely not what I signed up for," I heard someone say and then looked to see that it was Marc Staal.
"Players! This is the third round!" the woman said and I sighed.
"We figured that out all on our own," I muttered and the people around who heard that, chuckled a little.
"This will be like the first round, everyone will be used. First, six people will be strapped to a the vertical board, where you will be spun around multiple times at a fast rate, and pinned to the board. Once you're stopped, unhook yourself and run to the diving boards and jump to the spinning foam platforms and jump your way across the four turning platforms and over towards the floppy railroad tracks. Once across the tracks, your second teammate will be waiting for you to tap their hand.
That person will then run across the shaking tiles and climb through the rolling tunnels, where in the middle of the tunnel there is a hole that will either allow the player to climb up a latter and get to the platform or will have them fall into the water. Once you climb up the latter and onto the platform, the third teammate will be waiting for you to tap their hand.
That person will monkey climb across the open drop to the other platform, avoiding the loose or slippery bars. Once across dive into the water and swim over towards the latter, where you'll climb up and find your fourth teammate waiting for you to tap their hand.
That person will swing on swing and trying to jump onto spinning circular platform. Each team is given a color, there are six different colored logs, the person must only use their color log and allow them self to be carried to the platform by the logs. After carried onto platform, you'll find your fifth and final teammate waiting for you to tap their hand.
That person will then slide down the slide and fly through the spinning windmill and onto ramp. Climb through the moving rings that have a waterfall pouring on top of you and then jump onto the red dotted finish line.
The first three people to make it across advances to the final round," she announced and we all took a deep breath. Just listening to her explain that made me tired, "And another thing!" she said and we all looked at her, "Each time someone crosses that finish line, the horn will blow and everyone who remains, must go back to their section and begin the course again."
Curses were being thrown into the air and groans were being heard, '...You've got to be kidding me...'
"Hunger Games," Max sung and I growled.
'...Maybe he's right...' I snorted and then shook my head.
"You will report back here in two hours, and the third round will begin," the woman said and we all nodded our heads.
"Good, I'm starving!" Max said and I looked at the big clock to see that it was just after eleven thirty.
"I am too," I said and then looked over towards Sidney.
"That's what happens when you doing eat breakfast!" Marc said and I shook my head.
"It's the most important meal of the day," Kris teased and I smirked.
"I prefer sleep over breakfast," I said and they all stopped what they were about to say and then nodded their heads and looked away only making me laugh harder.
We all left to go and get some food that we being served to everyone and then sat with our team and prepared for the third round, making plans, and announcing who was going to do which section.