Sequel: Captain of My Life

Oh Captain, My Captain

Oh Captain, My Captain (Sidney Crosby) 078:

Chapter Seventy Eight
“All right, everyone know the plan?” Sidney asked as we all stood together and nodded our heads.
Break was over and all of the players were standing in front of the course, while the rest of the teams sat on the bleachers. The call was made for all of the teammates to get to their sections and I looked around to see who was going up against whom.

The first teammate:
Blackhawks – Corey Crawford
Capitals – Dmitry Orlov
Rangers – Marc Staal
Hurricanes – Justin Faulk
Bruins – David Krejci
Penguins – Marc-Andre Fleury

The second teammate:
Blackhawks – James Wisniewski
Capitals – Alexander Ovechkin
Rangers – Ryan Callahan
Hurricanes – Jussi Jokinen
Bruins – Tyler Seguins
Penguins – Sidney Crosby

The third teammate:
Blackhawks – Tim Erixon
Capitals – Eric Fehr
Rangers – Brian Boyle
Hurricanes – Eric Staal
Burins – Milan Lucic
Penguins – Maxime Talbot

The fourth teammate:
Blackhawks – Derick Brassard
Capitals – Karl Alzner
Rangers – Chris Kreider
Hurricanes – Jordan Staal
Bruins – Brandon Adkins
Penguins – Alexandra Conners

The fifth teammate:
Blackhawks – Jared Boll
Capitals – Jack Hillen
Rangers – Michael Del Zotto
Hurricanes – Alexander Semin
Bruins – Zdeno Chara
Penguins – Kris Letang

‘…I hope Sid does all right against Ovechkin…’ I thought and then saw that Max was going up against Lucic, ‘…This is gunna be a tough one…’
“Alex,” I looked over and saw my cousin walking over towards me and the platform that we shared with the other teammates, “Good luck.”
“You too,” I said and then we heard the horn go off, “Come on Marc!”
Marc and the other five were spun around a few times and then when the board stopped; everyone unhooked themselves and headed over towards the diving board, a few of them falling because they were dizzy. Marc Staal was first to make it to the boards, and when he jumped off of them to hop to the turning platform, he did a face plant and lost his grip. Corey Crawford followed after Staal and timed his jump wrong, and ended up falling into the water, just like Staal. Marc jumped onto the board and waited until the platform came again. Dmitry Orlov tried to push him away, but Marc pushed him back and he fell into the water.
“Move it, Flower!” Kris yelled and I watched as Marc jumped onto the platform and I smiled.
‘…Come on, move faster!...’ I thought as he then made his way across the rest of the turning platforms, taking his time and making sure that he jumped at the right time.

-Marc-
I made it to the first checkpoint and then turned around to see that the others were slowly following me. David Krejci was right on my tail, and I growled when I felt someone push me, almost making me fall into the water. I turned around and saw Orlov, ‘…Where the hell did he come from?...’
I looked ahead of me to see that he was going across the railroad tracks. I looked up and saw that Sidney was waiting for me, and Ovechkin was right behind him, they were having a pushing match. When I saw the one railroad track tip over and Orlov fell into the water, I reacted quickly and hopped my way across the tracks.

-Sidney-
“You’re going down, Crosby,” Ovechkin snapped and I snorted and watched as his man fell into the water.
“You were saying,” I smirked and then saw Ovechkin growl, “Come on, Tarzan!”
When he made it to the last track, it flipped down and Marc fell into the water. I groaned and then watched as David Krejci made his way over towards the tracks and start to move his way over towards us.
“Step aside, boy,” Tyler Seguin said as he shoved his way past Ovechkin and I, “Come on, Krejci!”
Krejci made it to us first, and I watched as Seguin darted off to start our section. I cursed and then looked back to see that Flower was toe to toe with Corey Crawford, and then the two of them practically ran across the tracks. They were on the last track and it was about to go down, but they jumped and right in time, landed on their chests in front of James Wisniewski and I.
“Hand, Flower!” I yelled and Marc held up his hand and I slapped it and darted off flowing behind Seguin and Wisniewski right behind me.

-Max-
“Come on, Sid!” I yelled as I looked down from my platform to see that Tyler Seguin and Sidney were having a pushing match to see who was going to get into the tunnels first.
Seguin would climb in, and then Sid would grab his leg and pull him out, and then climb in. I looked next to me to see that Lucic was getting annoyed and I sighed and watched the two go back and forth. I looked up and saw that James Wisniewski and Ryan Callahan were making their way across the shaking tiles.
“Move it, Sid! You’ve got company!” I growled and then sighed.
I watched as Seguin pushed Sidney back, and he almost fell off of the platform. Seguin climbed into the tunnel and I saw Sidney climb right after him. The tunnel was rocking back and forth and I looked back and saw that Alexander Ovechkin was making his way through, like a charging bull.
“Damn Cap,” I heard Lucic growl and I looked down at the tunnel to see that it was upside down and the hole was facing the water.
I cursed and then smirked when I saw Seguin almost fall into the water, but he caught himself and the two of them waited for the tunnel to turn up right.
Once the tunnel was facing the latter, Seguin climbed up with Sidney and Ovechkin right behind him. Lucic’s hand was slapped and then Sidney made it to the top and slapped my hand, while I heard Ovechkin slap Eric Fehr’s hand.
“Who the hell comes up with this shit?!” I growled as the monkey bars started to shake and Lucic and I were struggling to keep our grasps.
We didn’t move from where we hung, and waited for the shaking to stop, once it had, we continued to climb. I cracked my knuckles as I jumped onto the platform and raced right behind Lucic. We made it to the end of the long platform and dove into the water where we were going to swim over to the next platform, where we had to climb up one of the two latter’s to our next teammate.
As I climbed up, I saw Alex waiting for me and cheering me to keep moving. She held out her hand and I looked to see that I was neck and neck with Lucic. I pushed myself to keep moving and when I saw that I was inches away from Alex’s hand, I saw Lucic grab her arm and push her forward.
I cursed as I saw Lucic pull Alex off of the board and she fell into the water. I snapped my head over towards Lucic and pushed him off of the later, but it was too late, he had already slapped Brandon Adkins’ hand. I climbed up to the platform and turned around to see that Alex was dunking Lucic and yelling at him.
“Alex! Forget him, come on!” I yelled and Alex looked up towards me and nodded her head. She quickly climbed up the latter and I slapped her hand.
Alex ran to the swing and started to move back and forth, just in time for Tim Erixon and Brian Boyle to slap Derick Brassard and Chris Kerider’s hands.

-Alex-
‘…God damn jackass!...’ I growled as I swung on the swing and jumped onto the spinning circle.
I found the Penguins’ logo and flipped it over to see that our color was going to be purple, and I looked up and tried to find the purple logs. I did and then jumped onto the one that came over and clung to it.
I could hear Kris cheering me to make me move faster. As I made my way over towards the last log, I saw that Brandon had slapped Zdeno Chara’s hand and he was off. I cursed and then jumped onto the log and made my way over towards Kris.

-Kris-
Alex finally made her way to me and slapped my hand. I turned around and slid down the slide and onto the ramp. I looked up and saw that Zdeno Chara was already climbing through the rings and making his way to the finish line. I cursed and then followed close behind him, but I wasn’t fast enough, and the first team to make it to the final round was the Boston Bruins. I cursed as I realized that everyone had to get back to the beginning of their sections, except the Bruins, because we had to do it over again.