Sequel: Captain of My Life

Oh Captain, My Captain

Oh Captain, My Captain (Sidney Crosby) 079:

Chapter Seventy Nine
-Alex-
“The teams advancing to the final round are, the Boston Bruins, the Chicago Blackhawks and the Pittsburgh Penguins,” the woman announced and I threw back my head and smiled, “Teams report here tomorrow at noon for the final round to begin. Other teams that would like to come must sit in the bleachers and lend their support.”
“Thank god!” I breathed as I sat on the ground, with my knees to my chest, and I’m pretty sure I was leaning against Geno’s legs.
I was so tired, and having to do that damn course three times really wore my body out. I was so pissed at Lucic for pulling me off of the platform, because if he hadn’t, we would have been the first team to cross the finish line.
I looked around and pretty much saw all of the players sprawled across the ground catching their breath. I looked over towards my team and saw that Marc was leaning against Vero, with his head on her shoulder. I smirked and then saw that Max and Kris were sprawled on their backs breathing heavily. I smirked and then saw Sidney walked over towards me and then collapse at my side and laid his hand on my shoulder. He took my hand and kissed it and I smiled at him.
“You did good out there,” he breathed obviously tired.
“Thanks, you did too,” I said and he nodded his head.
“I wanna eat food and then I want my bed!” Max whined from the ground and I laughed.
“I second that motion!” I said and then held up my hand.
“Third!” Kris yelled.
“I call bathroom!” Max yelled and then I looked over towards him to see that he jumped up and was making his way over towards the bus.
“And how exactly does that mean he’s going to get the bathroom first by running towards the bus?” I asked confused.
“Because that bus is leaving,” James said and I looked back and saw that it was.
“Shit! No!” I yelled and jumped up.
“Alex! Calm down, I have the key,” Vero said and then I looked back and smirked.
“Maid,” Sidney said as I was about to sit down and I cursed and stood back up.
“Here,” Vero said as she held up the card.
“No!” I yelled and then grabbed the card and then darted over towards the bus, seeing that the bus that Marc was on had already left.

-Sidney-
We all laughed as we watched as Alex ran after Marc to try and get to the bathroom first.
“Where’d all that energy come from?” Geno asked and I laughed and shrugged my shoulders.
“Hey guys,” I looked up and saw that some of the Kings team were standing in front of us, “Where’d Alex go?”
“You just missed her,” I said as I stood up, “She headed back to the hotel.”
“Oh, guess we’ll catch her later then,” the guy who I thought was Dustin Brown, said.
“I’ll tell her that you asked for her,” I said and he nodded his head and then he and the others walked away.
“We better head back too,” Max said and I nodded my head and then we all headed towards the buses.

-Marc-
“Dammit, Alex! Why can’t you let me have the bathroom?!” I yelled while pounding on the bathroom door and hearing Alex laugh.
I had gotten back to the hotel first, and when I got to the door, I realized that Vero had the card. I cursed and then went to look around if there was a cleaning lady around that could open the door. When I got to the end of the hallway, I heard the elevator ring and I saw Alex pop out of the elevator.
“Vero has the key!” I yelled from the opposite side of the hallway.
“This key!” Alex held up smirking and my eyes widened.
“Shit!” I yelled and then Alex ran to the door.
I ran to the door too, but by the time I got to the door, she already had it opened and was in the bathroom.
“You don’t have your bag!” I yelled and then looked around the room to see that it wasn’t there.
“I threw it in the bathroom before we left just in case!” she yelled from the bathroom and I cursed.
There was a knock on the door and I answered it to see Vero and Sidney standing on the other side. They started to laugh and I rolled my eyes and walked into the room while hearing the shower being turned on.
“Don’t take up all the hot water!” I growled and then walked into the room more.
“She get you again, Flower?” Sidney said and laughed some more.
“Shut up!” I growled and then grabbed my towel and threw it onto the chair before sitting down.

-Alex-
I was out of the shower and making my way down to the cafeteria where we were all grouped together to eat. It was set up like a buffet and I walked over towards the plates and grabbed on.
“You hungry?” I turned around to see Brandon standing there smirked and I nodded my head, “Figured you would be.”
“What about you?”
“Starving,” he said and then grabbed a plate too, “Where’s Crosby?”
“Showering,” I said and then walked over towards the salad section and started to fill my plate.
“You wanna eat with me?” he asked and I looked back and smiled towards him.
“I was gunna eat in my room, but sure,” I said and then filled my plate up with fruit and then found some grilled chicken.
Once Brandon and I had finished filling our plates, he picked a table and we sat down and started to eat. I looked around and saw that there were some other teams sitting here and I heard Brandon sigh.
“What’s up?”
“I’m sorry about Lucic,” he said and I shook my head.
“Don’t worry about him, this is just a game, it doesn’t mean anything,” I said and he shook his head.
“If he’s acting like this during a charity event, what makes you think that he’s not going to act like it during the season?” Brandon asked and I put my fork down and sighed.
“Well for one, he can’t pull me into water,” I said and Brandon shook his head.
“I’m serious, Alex. He really hurt you last season! You were in an coma!” he growled and I looked at the table.
“Brandon, I appreciate you trying to protect me and all, but you telling me this is going to cause tension on your team,” I said and looked passed Brandon and towards a full table of his teammates looking at us, “There might be some tension now.”
Brandon turned his head and looked at his teammates and then waved over towards them, “Don’t worry about them, Alex. It’s Lucic you need to worry about.”
“How’s that Horton guy?” I asked remembering about the one that trying to slam me into the boards but I moved in time and he went head first and was knocked out.
“He’s better, he’s back on the ice again,” he said and I nodded my head.
“What’s up?” I looked up and saw another guy come over towards Brandon and I and then took a seat next to Brandon, “Yo Brandon, is this Alex?”
“Yeah, Alex, this is my teammate, Greg Campbell,” Brandon said and I smiled towards him, “Greg this is my cousin, Alex.”
“Nice to finally meet you in person,” he said and then held out his hand.
I nodded my head and took it, “Uh, nice to meet you too.”
‘…He’s pretty nice…’
“Greg here covered for me when I was at the hospital with you, back in March,” Brandon said and I looked over towards Brandon to see that he was smirking and nodding his head.
“Thanks,” I said and he looked at me.
“No problem, Brandon’s a good buddy, besides, that’s what teammates are suppose to do,” Greg said and I could tell that he had the same views as Brandon about his team.