Sequel: Captain of My Life

Oh Captain, My Captain

Oh Captain, My Captain (Sidney Crosby) 008:

Chapter Eight
My conversation with Brandon ended because I needed to get ready for going out with Sidney. I took a quick shower and then got dressed in some skinny jeans with a white blouse and a black leather jacket. I finished it off with my black and white converses and gold bracelets. I curled my long brunette loosely and then let it fall against my back; I smiled to myself and then applied a little makeup.

Sidney had texted me before asking for my address because he was going to pick me up around six. I gave it to him and then waited. When the doorbell rang, I hurried down and actually found myself excited to be going out in public with Mr. Crosby himself.

“Hi,” I said as I opened the door and saw Sidney standing there looking lost.

“Oh good, I was wondering if I was at the right house.”

“I didn’t take that long!” I laughed and then grabbed my clutch and headed out locking he door behind me, “So where are we going?”

“To a little pub that we usually go to after a game.”

“Cool,” I said and then we walked over towards Sidney’s Range Rover. He opened the passenger door for me and I smiled towards him, “Thank you.”

Sidney walked to the driver’s side and then got in, ‘…He’s such a gentleman, not what I expected…’ I thought as he started the car and then we headed out.

We pulled into the parking lot of Mullen’s Bar & Grill and then got out of the car. For a June night, it was pretty warm out, and I was actually debating on whether taking off my leather jacket. We entered the bar and requested a table in the back. People of course recognized us right away and wanted to have a conversation with us.

Once we managed to get away from the fans and get to our table we were laughing about who we had ran into.

“That old man seemed to be happy to get to hold your hand.”

“What about that bartender? She was happy to be able to put her hand on your back!”

“More like ass,” Sidney said which made me laugh.

Our waitress came over and we both ordered some beers.

“So this season should be interesting,” I said and just as our beers arrived.

Sidney took a sip of his and then looked at me, “How’s that?”

“Well, I’ve never played against anyone of the East except for the Devils. I’m going to have to watch so many old games to learn everyone's moves and tricks.”

“Sounds like a lot of homework.”

“It’ll be worth it. I actually can’t wait for the season to start,” I said and then took a sip of my beer.

"If you need any help just let me know," Sidney said and I looked at him and nodded my head.

"Yeah, that'll be great. I've never really played against any of these guys, so your advice will help a lot," I said and he nodded his head just as our waitress came over.

“Have you decided what you’re going to have?”

Sidney and I decided what we were going to order and did. When the waitress left, she came back seconds later with a basket of crackers and breadsticks.

“So I was on the phone before with my cousin. He played for the Stars, but I guess he got traded to the Bruins.”

“A lot of people got traded this year.”

“I know. Who got traded from the Penguins?”

“No one that I know of and I think I would know.”

“Then how was I able to become a part of the team?”

“The owner just really wanted you.”

“What?”

“That’s what Coach told me. He said that no one was traded for you, except for a fat some of money.”

“Wow, wait to make me feel like a hooker,” I said which made Sidney laugh.

“You’re not a hooker.”

“Thank you,” I said and then took a breadstick, “Oh, but anyways, my cousin told me about some lockout, did you hear about this?”

“I heard that it was just a rumor.”

“Oh, that’ll be a bummer if there really is one.”

“I know.”

“So are you going to go home before the season starts?”

“Yeah, I’m leaving next week. I’m going to go home for a month and then come back in August.”

“Oh that’ll be fun. You’re going to leave me all by myself,” I teased and Sidney laughed and shook his head.

"You left me!"

"For a week!"

"So when will I get to meet the rest of the team?"

"The guys will be here about the end of August."

"I'm excited!"

"Really?"

"Yeah, when I was about fourteen, my parents and I were at this Hibachi restaurant and we actually sat at the same table as Marc-Andre Fleury."

"Wow," Sidney said sounding impressed.

"Yeah, he was with two other people, but I can't remember who they were. I remember him telling me that he was here to try out for the Baby Pens."

"Oh that must have been cool."

"It was, but I highly doubt he remembers."

"You never know, he has a pretty good memory," he said and then the waitress came out with our meals.

During our meal we had a few fans come up to us and want to talk to us. Once our meal was finished Sidney paid the pill, even though I offered to pay my own way, and then we walked out of the place.

"That was good," I said and Sidney smiled.

"It usually is," he said and I nodded my head.

"So, where to next?"

"Well, you wanted to see Pittsburgh, so I'm going to show it to you," he said and then nudged his head for me to follow him.

We walked across the street instead of heading back to the car and walked through downtown Pittsburgh.

After walking for a few hours, I looked at my watch and saw that it was close to eleven o'clock. I hadn't realized that we were walking for that long, but it felt nice. Once, Sidney thought that he showed me everything that he could tonight, we headed back to the car and he took me home.
Sidney pulled into my driveway and then walked me to my door. Once I opened the door, we were met by Sarabi wanting to get some attention.

"Hey Sarabi!" Sidney said and pet her head.

"Do you want to come in for a beer or something?" I asked as I turned around and looked at Sidney.

"Sure," he said and then walked into the house with me.

We walked up the stairs and headed into the kitchen. I walked over towards the fridge and grabbed two beers.

"Nice place," Sidney said as he looked around.

"Thanks," I said and then handed him a beer.

We walked over towards the couch and then ended up talking most of the time. By the time we finished talking it was almost two o'clock in the morning. We were having so much fun just talking, that I didn't even realize the time until I yawned.

Sidney left and I needed to get some sleep because I had practice in only six hours.