Sequel: Captain of My Life

Oh Captain, My Captain

Oh Captain, My Captain (Sidney Crosby) 080:

Chapter Eighty
"Uh, I don't know about this one, guys," I said as I looked at the course.
"It's not that bad," Max said and I looked at him, "What?"
"Are you high? I think we're in the hunger games!" I said and he laughed and I growled at him.
"So you agree with me?!"
"Shut up!" I said and then sighed and nodded my head, "Yup, I'm gunna die."
"You're not gunna die," Sidney said as he wrapped his arms around my neck from behind me and pressed me against his chest, "I won't let you."
"Wait to be romantic, Romeo," Max muttered and I smirked.
The announcer came onto the platform in front of us, and then Bruins, Blackhawks and Penguins all stood next to each other and waited for her to explain the course.
"Welcome to the finals!" she said and we heard people cheer, "This will be a race! Whoever has the fastest time, wins Wipeout!" she announced and I brought my hands up and gripped Sidney's arms, that were still wrapped loosely around my neck, "The first teammate will go into the chamber and be dropped down the giant water slide and fall into the water. They will swim over towards the ramp and climb out of the water and up the later to the first platform where they touch their teammate's hand."
"Sounds easy enough," I said and Kris nodded his head.
"The second teammate will then jump into the giant hamster ball and push themselves across the water and onto the platform, without falling out, because if they do, they must push the ball back to the beginning and try again. Once across and onto the platform, their teammate will be there waiting for them to touch their hand."
"Why are we only getting one task? Last time we had two," Marc said and I nodded my head.
"There's a catch here somewhere," I said and Sidney groaned.
"The third teammate will then jump onto the giant hexagon shaped spinning puzzle and must make it from one side to the other and go out the exit opening to get to the platform. From there they slide down the slippery ramp and touch their teammates hand without falling into water," she said and I looked at that section of the course to see that it was a big puzzle, "The fourth teammate will then crawl across the spinning multiple logs and then grab onto the spinning log that takes you to the bouncing platform where you will tap your teammate's hand."
"And there is where it's getting interesting," Kris said and I nodded my head.
"The fifth and final teammate will then climb across wet logs that push in and out of a wall with a large waterfall pounding water on top of you and then jump to the finish line. The team that makes it to the finish line with the fastest time, wins Wipeout!" she announced and we all nodded out heads, "Since the Boston Bruins crossed the finish line first in the previous round, they will chose who goes first in this challenge."
I groaned and then looked over towards the Bruins to see that they were smirking over towards us, and I cursed, because I thought that they were going to pick us. Although, when they announced that they were going to chose the Blackhawks, I think all five of us were shocked.
"Blackhawks, you have five minutes to choose who will do what section in the course!"
I sighed and then looked back towards the Kings to see them smile and wave towards me. I laughed and then waved back and I felt Sidney sigh and move his arms closer towards me. I looked back towards him to see that he was giving the Kings a weird look and I shook my head, '...Don't tell me he's jealous...'
Once the Blackhawks had their plan, they all got into position and we watched as they all called out that they were ready. Steve Montador decided that he was going to be the first teammate and took the little elevator to the top of the slide. I took a deep breath when I saw how big that slide was and my stomach had butterflies in it, and I wasn't even up there. We watched as he climbed into the chamber and call out that he was ready. The horn blew and we watched as the platform under his feet dropped and Montador flew down the giant water slide. I gasped as I saw him exit the slide at a fast rate and splash into the water.
His teammates where cheering him on and he swam over towards the ramp and stumbled up it, and tried to climb up the latter as fast as he could. We watched as he slammed his hand onto Nick Leddy's and then he was off and Montador was catching his breath on the foam platform while Leddy jumped into the hamster ball and rolled his way to the next section. As he was half way through, the hole went under his feet and we watched as he fell into the water and we all shook our heads, '...That's gunna cost him time...'
Leddy had to pull the ball back to the beginning and try again. He jumped into the ball and made it across where Corey Crawford was waiting for him. Leddy reached his arm out, because he was having a hard time getting out and Crawford touched his fingers, it counted, and Crawford was off to do the giant puzzle. It took Crawford a while, but he found the opposite side and jumped onto the platform and tapped Jonathan Toews' hand.
"This is definitely interesting," Marc said and we all nodded our heads.
"Looks like the big bag hawks are struggling out there," Kris said and I scoffed.
"Looks like we should be careful on those logs," I said and the guys nodded their heads as we watched Toews' fall into the water for the third time, "They're spinning pretty fast."
"Sucks for whoever's gunna do that," Kris said and we all looked at him, "Hell no."
"Sorry sweetie, someone light needs to do that," I said and he looked at me.
"Why not you?!"
"Because she's gunna be doing the slide," I heard Sidney say and I tilted my head up to look at him.
"Excuse me," I said and Max and Marc laughed.
"Sorry sweetie, someone light needs to do that," he mocked and I growled and glared into air.
"Jerk," I muttered and he chuckled and kissed my cheek.
"I'll make it up to you."
"You better," I muttered.
"Bow chicka wow wow!!!" Max sang and I snorted and shook my head as the other guys laughed.
"Hey, just don't keep Vero and I up, that's all I ask," Marc said and I looked down to hide my red face.
"We'll wait till we get home," Sidney said.
"Well then keep it quiet, I'm on the same floor as you!" Max said and I groaned.
"Don't remind me, you already broke the one rule I gave you!" I barked and he pouted, "Yeah, I knew about that puck bunny that your brought home!"
The guys were laughing and he sighed, "All right, I'm sorry."
"Yeah, whatever," I said and then looked back onto the course to see that Patrick Kane had just jumped onto the finish line and I sighed, '...Who's up next? Us or them...' I thought while looking at the Bruins.
I looked at the clock and saw that the Blackhawks' time was; eleven minutes forty three seconds.
"Bruins, who's next?" the announcer asked and then looked over towards us and smirked.
"The Penguins," Zdeno Chara said and I sighed.
'...Of course...'
"Penguins, you have five minutes to decide who is going to do what section," she announced and we nodded our heads and then huddled together.
"All right, so I'm going to do the slide," I said and then cringed, "Who's doing the hamster ball?"
"I will," Max said and I nodded my head and smirked towards him, "You just make sure you fly through that slide."
"She's the lightest one here, so she most likely will," Marc said and I sighed.
"Freaking Hunger Games I tell ya," I muttered and Max smirked, "I'm gunna get whiplash or something."
"I think I can do the puzzle," Sidney said and I nodded my head.
"I guess I'm going to do the damn logs," Kris said and we all looked at Marc.
"There's no rope for Tarzan," Marc said and we smirked, "I guess I'm last then."
"So we all understand where we're at?" Sidney asked and we nodded our heads, "All right, let's do this!"
"Penguins, are you ready?" the woman asked and we nodded our heads and she told us to go to each of our sections.
I watched as Marc, Kris, Sidney and Max all swam over towards their sections and climbed up the latter's. I sighed and then looked up towards the top of the slide and thought that I was going to be sick because now that I was next to it, it was really high.
"You ready?" the man asked me and I shook my head. He laughed and then ushered me onto the elevator that was going to take me to the top of the slide, "Good luck."
"Thanks," I said as I walked into the chamber and got really scared.
"Are you ready, Alex?" I heard the guys shout from down below.
"No, I change my mind," I said and could hear Max screaming 'suck it up' and smirked. I took a deep breath and crossed my arms like I was told, "Let's get this party started!"
The horn blew, there I went.