Sequel: Captain of My Life

Oh Captain, My Captain

Oh Captain, My Captain (Sidney Crosby) 081:

Chapter Eighty One
-Sidney-
The horn sounded and we all watched as Alex flew down the slide and I stared in awe at how fast she was going, '...Maybe we should have put Kris in there...'
She went pretty far and actually landed a few feet in front of the ramp, so once she resurfaced, she swam over towards the ramp and crawled quickly up it, and dashed up the latter, slamming her hand on Max's and he dove into the ball and made his way across the water.
'...What is he? Part hamster?...' I thought as I watched Max work that ball like he was a pro.
He made it to me, but like Nick Leddy, he couldn't get out of the ball, so I had to reach over and touch his hand. Our fingers touched, and that was good enough for me, I turned my butt around and jumped into the puzzle, climbing my way around it and trying not to fall out.
Once I made it through the puzzle I jumped onto the puzzle and slapped Kris' hand. We were making pretty good time now, not even hitting five minutes yet, but I knew that most of our time was going to be spent here, on the spinning logs.
Kris fell off of them twice, but on the third try he made it to Marc, and slammed his hand with Marc's. I heard my name being called and saw Max in the water swimming over towards our team where I saw Alex already over there sitting on the ground with a blanket around her. I nodded my head and then dove into the water and swam over towards the others. When I surfaced from the water, I heard the horn blow and looked over to see that Marc was on the finish line. I smirked and then looked at the time to see eight minutes, fifty two seconds.
'...So long, Blackhawks...' I thought as Kris and Marc jumped into the water and I continued to swim over towards the side.
Max helped me out of the water and Geno threw a towel out me and smirked towards me, "Good job."
I nodded my head and then sat next to Alex and rubbed her arm to warm her up, because that water is cold. She glared over towards me and I smirked because I knew that she was going to bring up the slide.
"You definitely owe me big time, mister!" she said and I laughed and nodded my head.
"Look how much time you saved for us!"
"Shut up, jerk!" she said and I smirked, "Damn lucky I had a helmet on! I even bit my tongue!"
"Sorry," I said and she scoffed and shook her head.

-Alex-
It was time to see if the Bruins were as tough as they were trying to let everyone believe they were. I watched as Tyler Seguin walked over towards the elevator, so I guessed that he was going to be the first teammate. Zdeno Chara was going to do the hamster ball, Brandon was going to do the puzzle, Lucic was going to do the logs, and David Krejci was going to do the wall logs.
Once everyone was ready the horn sounded and I watched Tyler fly down the slide.
"Well I can mark that off my bucket list," I said and Sidney snorted and then he and the guys laughed.
We watched as Seguin slapped Chara's hand and he jumped into the hamster ball and rolled across the water and to the platform, where he climbed up to his waist and threw his hand at Brandon's and then pulled back. I didn't see it slap, and when I saw Brandon try again, I knew that it hadn't.
They finally reached each other and Brandon hauled ass and jumped into the puzzle, making his way around the thing. Brandon jumped onto the platform and tapped Lucic and he went through the logs, and like Kris and Jonathan Toews, he had to do it a few times before he made it to David Krejci.
By the time Krejci jumped onto the finish line and the horn blew, everyone's eyes were wide when you saw the time clock.
"You've got to be joking!" I yelled as I saw those numbers reading eight minutes and fifty two seconds.
"Looks like we have a tie!" the woman announced and we all groaned because we wanted nothing more than to leave this competition and go back to Pittsburgh. If the league wanted a charity to get fifty thousand dollars, then we'll freaking donate it out of our own pocket. I was finished with this whole thing, "We'll have to have a tie breaker!"
"Come on, I wanna go home," I muttered and then felt Sidney kiss my head.
"I'll be all right."
"I miss my puppies," I said and he smirked, because I haven't gone this long without seeing them.
"I'm sure your dad's taking good care of them," Sidney said and I nodded my head.
"He's probably enjoying that hot tub too," I said and he laughed.
"All right!" we heard over the speakers and saw that the Bruins were climbing out of the water and the announcer was looking at us, "If you would fall me, we'll get to the tie breaking round."
We groaned and then stood up and I saw Brandon walk over towards me, "This is some crazy shit."
"Tell me about it," I said and then looked over towards Lucic to see that he was looking tired, but when he saw me looking at him, he glared and I sighed, '...Crazy jerk...'
We walked over towards this course that had ten tiny circular platforms high in the air, around this giant that carried and spun this giant turning log.
"All ten finalists will be used in this course. They will be lifted to the air and onto the platforms and must jump over the turning log that will go around all of you. The last person's team will win Wipeout."
"Kill me now," I muttered and the guys smirked and we walked over towards where we were going to be lifted.
Everyone was on their platform and it went Zdeno Chara, Sidney, Milan Lucic, Max, Brandon, Kris, Tyler Seguin, yours truly, David Krejci and then Marc. The horn blew and the log started to turn and our goal was to jump over it and land back onto our platform, ‘…Oh this’ll be fun…’
I watched as everyone jumped over the log and it finally came to me and I jumped high and over it landing back onto my platform. A sigh of relief had passed through my lips because I passed the first spin, but then I looked up and saw it was coming again.

-Sidney-
Max and Tyler had fallen into the water and I grew frustrated when I saw Kris’s foot hit the log and he went into the water. Each time someone fell in the damn log went higher into the air. I looked over towards Alex to see that she had given up jumping over the log and was diving over it, landing on his chest and then quickly getting up, ‘…Not a bad strategy actually…’
Krejci jumped over it and didn’t land onto his platform and fell into the water. I watched Marc jumped over and land it, ‘…Here we go again…’
Chara and I had jumped over it and I saw that he was starting to do the same thing as Alex and just diving over it and landing on his chest.

-Alex-
Did I do something to the hockey god to piss him off or something? Fate was definitely not in my favor. Everyone had fallen off of their platforms except for Lucic and I.
‘…Of course…’ I thought as he smirked towards me.
The damn thing was so high that it was getting too hard diving over it. Lucic just finished his fourth jump, for it to be just the two of us, and I dove over it, but felt my foot catch something. I cursed as I missed the platform and I thought I was going to fall into the water, but instead, my foot didn’t let go of whatever it was caught on and I was hanging upside down and spinning around the platforms.
“A little help please!” I yelled as I was getting dizzy.
I tried to pull myself up to unhook my foot, but every time I tried, I hit a freaking platform. As I tried to pull myself up again, I felt someone grab my arm and with one pull, got my foot free and pull me onto the platform. I held my head because for hanging upside down for so long, I was getting a headache.
“You all right?”
I looked up and my eyes widened when I saw that my rescuer was Milan Lucic himself, “What the hell?”
“You’re welcome,” he said and then looked around.
“I mean- uh- thanks,” I said and he nodded his head.
“You don’t seem to have a lot of luck with this shit,” he said and I snorted.
“That’s a freaking understatement,” I said and he smirked, “Why did you help me? You hate me?”
“Baby, it’s just a sport,” he said and I glared at him.
“Don’t call me ‘baby’! And you sent me through the god damn glass and landed me in the hospital!” I growled and he smirked.
“All part of my image, baby,” he said putting more into calling me baby and then jumped off of the platform before I could push him.
“Douche bag,” I growled and then jumped off of the platform and into the water.
“You all right?” Sidney asked me as he held his hand out.
“Yeah,” I said and then grabbed it and he pulled me up. I looked over towards the Bruins to see that they were all patting Lucic’s back because he had helped them win the course, “Damn Bruins.”
“I know,” Max said and then sighed, “You all right?”
“I’m fine,” I hissed and then took my helmet off and handed it to Sidney and cracked my neck while walking away from my group pissed off.
Boston Bruins had just won Wipeout.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys, let me know what you guys think of this!
Happy Reading!