Sequel: Captain of My Life

Oh Captain, My Captain

Oh Captain, My Captain (Sidney Crosby) 083:

Chapter Eighty Three
"All right, Alex!"
I smirked and then skated over towards my team for them to congratulate me. I had just scored against the Canadiens' bringing the score one to zero in the third period, and allowing us not to go into overtime. When the timer hit zero and the horn blew, we cheered because we had one the game.
We were three months into the season and for two months, we remain at number one in the division and conference. This season was turning out to be a good one, and I was excited for the fact that it was a full season. Nothing interesting has happened since we got home from California, other than the league changing some rules, but not all, which we were slightly okay about. I had a full house because everyone that lived in the apartment complex that Geno and Mel lived at were evicted because apparently the building was going to be torn down, so now they live with me, and there's not an empty room in the house.
The boys and I went into the locker room to shower and change, I had been getting use to the whole interview things, because I was constantly on the run, driving and flying to different places for interviews, everyone all excited to hear from the only female NHL player, and to know that she's good at what she does. Like tonight, Pascal and I had to fly up to New York for some kind of event, there were so many of them, I completely forget what they're for.
"Are you ready?" Pascal asked and I looked at him and nodded my head.
"You leaving?" Sidney asked and I nodded my head.
"DADDY!!!"
I turned around and smiled when I saw three little kids running over towards Pascal and hugged him. I had found out before the game that Pascal's wife and kids, Kody, Maeve, Zoe and Lola, were going to be coming with us, and I was completely happy about that, I loved kids.
"Have a fun time," Sidney said and then pressed his lips against mine.
"ALEX!!!" I pulled back and looked down to see Zoe Dupuis running over towards
"Hi, sweetie!" I said as I picked her up and rested her on my hip, "What's shakin' bacon?"
She laughed and I smiled towards her, "You're funny."
"You ready to go onto the big plane?" I asked and she smiled and nodded her head.
I said bye to everyone and then hopped into Pascal's Suburban and we headed to the airport for our six o'clock flight. When we got there, I grabbed Zoe and held her on my hip, while I held Maeva's hand. Pascal's wife, Carole-Lyne grabbed Lola and held Kody's hand while Pascal grabbed our bags.
We walked into the airport and then checked in and then boarded our flight heading to New York.

-Sidney-
"I miss Alex," Max said as he sat on the couch starring the black screen of the TV.
"I know, me too," I muttered and then Zeus jumped up onto the couch and laid his head on my leg.
The doorbell went off and I sighed and got up, walking down the steps. I opened the door and was surprised to see Alex's mom standing in the doorway.
"Uh, can I help you?" I asked confused to why I was seeing her here.
"Where's Alex?" she asked sounding pissed and then pushed passed me.
"Hey! Whoa! I didn't invite you in!" I yelled as she stormed up the stairs and I closed the door and followed after her, "Mrs. Conners!"
"Where is she?!" she asked and I walked into the kitchen to see that Max was standing up and looking at us.
"She's not here!" I said and the woman looked at me.
"Her car is here!"
"She's not here!" I repeated and apparently this situation was getting everyone's attention, because James and Sam came out from the pool table room and Mel was walking downstairs confused.
"Mrs. Conners? What are you doing here?" Mel asked.
"Where's Alex? That little bitch ruined everything!" she yelled and my eyes widened.
"She's in New York," Sam said, "What's going on?"
I grabbed my phone out of my pocket and texted Alex, telling her that her mom was at the house and she was freaking out.
"She hid all of the money that I was suppose to get in the divorce! I know it was her!"
"Uh, divorce?" Max asked confused.
"Her father and my divorce, I was suppose to get money, but when I went to the bank, it showed that the money was never there!" she yelled and I felt my phone go off to see that it was Alex calling me.
"WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON?!!!" I heard and had to pull the phone away from my ear.
"Is that her?!" her mom said and I nodded my head, "Give me it!"
"No!" I said and then walked passed her and moved behind the couch and behind Max, "Alex, I need a little assistance."
"How am I suppose to help you?! I'm in freaking New York!" she growled over the phone and I sighed, "What does she want?"
"Something about money in a bank account that's not there anymore."
"My dad's money," Alex said and I looked at her mother to see that she was coming after me again and I ran around the couch pointing towards Max to try and stop her.
"I called her dad, he’s on his way,” Sam said and I nodded my head.
Alex’s mom was going nuts, and when she called Alex the ‘c’ word, ah hell, I lost my shit and started to yell back.
“Lady, calm the hell down!” I yelled and she slapped me across the face. Zeus and Sarabi were barking, and I saw Sam grab Sarabi, but when James went for Zeus, he missed him and he was going right for Alex’s mom.
When I heard a yelp, my head snapped back and I saw Zeus limping away, whining. My eyes flared, because you don’t hurt a dog that’s just trying to protect his owners. Max had to pull me back to calm me down. I must have dropped my phone, because I look up and there’s Alex’s mom on the phone with Alex. I growled and Max patted my shoulders.
“Kathleen!” I turned my head to see Alex’s dad walking into the kitchen, he must have let himself in, “What are you doing?!”
“Where is my money, Randy?!”
“Gone! I was smart enough to get it out of your way before you could claim it!” he said and things were getting a little awkward, especially since Alex wasn’t here to break up the family reunion.
“Did that filthy bitch help you?!” she growled and my fists clenched.
“Filthy bitch? Do you realize that that’s your daughter that you’re talking about?!” he asked clearly pissed.
“She’s no daughter of mine!” she said and I took a step forward, but Max grabbed my arm and I saw James walk over.
“Mrs. Conners, Alex isn’t here! She’s in New York for an interview!” Sam said as she tried to stop the arguing.
“And I suppose that she knew what to do?!” Alex’s mom said completely ignoring Sam.
“Talk to your lawyer, it’s clean,” Alex’s dad said and I sighed, I was frustrated because I wanted this woman out.
“We’ll just see about that!” she said and then I felt better when Alex’s mom stopped past her dad and stormed out of the house.
“Just perfect,” her dad muttered and then rubbed his face.
The landline rang and Sam answered it, trying to sound calm. I heard her sigh and then she held up the phone and looked at me, “It’s Alex, she’s pissed.”
“She has every right to be,” her dad said and then took the phone, “Hi Lexi.”
“Come on, you need air,” James said and pulled me out of the house and onto the back porch.
I stomped off of the porch and then looked over to see that Zeus was lying on the grass in the backyard I walked over towards the gate into his section of the yard and then walked in. He was still whining and I knew that something was wrong. I glided my hand down his stomach, the area where Alex’s mom at kicked him with her pointed high heels, and found a sensitive area. He brought his head up and gently nipped at me, telling me that there was where he was in pain. I threw my arms underneath him and picked him up.
“Open the gate,” I said and James nodded his head.
“What’s wrong?”
“She did something to him,” I said and James nodded his head, “Get the door.”
“I’ll get the keys,” Max said and I nodded my head.
“God, Alex will kill us if anything happened to him,” James said as he opened the back door to my Rover and I placed Zeus in the back seat.
“She might kill her mother first,” I said and Max threw my keys to me and then hopped into the passenger seat while James got in the back with Zeus and I sped off like a mad man to the vet.