Sequel: Captain of My Life

Oh Captain, My Captain

Oh Captain, My Captain (Sidney Crosby) 085:

Chapter Eighty Five
-Alex-
Sidney had dropped Kris off at the airport and picked me up, I thanked Kris again and then Sidney and I rushed to the vet where Zeus had stayed overnight. Sidney told me that Zeus was bleeding internally, but after surgery, he was all right.
"The doctor said that he's gunna be all right, but he has to rest a lot, and they have a cone around his head so he doesn't both the stitches in his stomach," Sidney explained and I nodded my head as he pulled up to the clinic and parked the car.
We jumped out of the car and rushed in to see James and Geno sitting on the floor petting Zeus. I walked over and knelt down in front of him.
"How's my brave boy?" I asked as I grabbed his face and kissed his forehead.
"He's gunna be coned," James said and I nodded my head.
"Where's my mother?" I growled as I looked into Zeus' eyes and saw that he was in pain.
"Don't know," Sidney said and I sighed and stood up.
"Keys," I said as I held out my hand and looked at Sidney, "Keys, Sid," I said because he was hesitant.
"Fine," he huffed and then reached into his pocket and grabbed his keys, "Don't get arrested!" he growled as he handed the keys to me and I walked away.
-Sidney-
"You might regret doing than, Sid," James said and I looked at him and nodded my head.
"I already am," I sighed and then walked over towards Zeus and scratched behind his ear.
He was a little woozy because he had just woken up about an hour ago from surgery, the doctor said that we could take him home in a few hours, but he was going to be on a strict diet, and wasn't allowed to play or do anything reckless.
'...It's like having a little kid...' I thought as I heard Geno's phone ring, '...That reminds me, I need to get a new phone...'
Geno was talking in Russian really fast and then stopped and sighed and then looked at me and started to talk really low in English, "Sid," I looked at him to see that he was holding out his phone, "Mel wants to talk to you."
I nodded my head and then placed the phone to my ear, "Yeah."
"Why is Alex driving your car?"
"I think she's trying to find her mother," I said and then sighed and rubbed my face.
"Bad move," Mel said and I tensed.
"Why?"
"Sam's probably blacked out right not," I heard Sam say, not realizing that I was on speaker and that Sam was with Mel.
"Shit really?!" I asked as my eyes went wide and James and Geno looked at me.
"Find her, Sid! Before she gets herself into trouble!" Mel yelled and I stood up and looked at Geno.
"Give me your keys, Geno!" I said because James rode with me before and Alex now had my car.
"What's wrong?"
"Alex is gunna get herself into trouble," I said and Geno sighed and threw me his keys.
"You're takin' my phone too?!" he asked as I headed out of the room.
"Where would she go?" I asked Mel while putting the phone back to my ear.
"To her dad's first!" Mel said and I jumped into Geno's car and started it.
"Where's that?" I asked and she gave me directions and told me that she and Sam were on their way there now.
When I got to Alex's dad's apartment, Mel and Sam were already there and talking with him. I jumped out of the car and walked over to the three.
"Do you know where she's going?" Mel asked as I walked up next to them.
"No, she was here before and I tried to calm her down, but there was no calming her down," he explained and then sighed, "She was in one of her blackouts wasn't she?"
"I think so," Sam said and I rubbed my face.
"We have to find her now!" I said and then ran back Geno's car.
"I'm coming with you!" I heard Alex's dad yell and then we got into the car.

-Alex-
I was frustrated and staring at my dead phone, I had just seen my mother, but only to argue with her about hurting my dog. I made sure that I was far away from her, because if I got close to her, I was going to hurt her. I don't know why I went to her, I knew I wasn't going to get anything out of her.
I shook my head and decided that I was going to go back to the vet, but when I pulled in, I saw that Geno's car wasn't there and thought that the guys had gone home, so I decided that I was going to head home too.
I pulled into my driveway and parked Sidney's Rover. I was so pissed that I was making my hands bleed from digging my nails into them. I needed to get a punching bag and put my mom's picture on it, because I really wanted to hurt someone, better yet, I needed a game against the Bruins so I could hurt Lucic.
"Alex?" I looked up from walking up the stairs and saw Max in the kitchen grabbing a beer, "I thought you'd be with Sidney," he said and I ignored him and walked up the stairs, heading towards my room.
I walked into my bedroom and saw Sarabi laying on my bed, she looked at me and I sat next to her and then grabbed a pillow and laid down next to her, "You miss Zeus?"

-Sidney-
"Where the hell is she?!" I growled as I gripped the steering wheel.
"We looked everywhere she could be," her dad said and I nodded my head.
"Can I use your phone?" I asked and then held out my hand.
"Where's yours?"
"Alex's mom smashed it," I said and then heard him sigh.
"Who do you want me to call?"
"Alex," I said while wondering why we didn't do it before.
"Voicemail," he said and I growled.
"Try her home number," I said and then stopped at a red light.
"It's ringing," her dad said and then handed me the phone.
"Hello?" I heard on the other line.
"Max?"
"Yeah, man, what's up?" he asked and I heard pots being hit together.
"Are you trying to cook again?"
"Shut up, I'm doing dishes!" he yelled and I sighed.
"I need you to help find Alex," I said and then saw that they light turned green.
"What are you talking about, man?" he asked sounding confused.
"She freaking out looking for her mom and we're trying to find her before she gets herself into trouble," I answered and then saw Mel and Sam, that were driving in front of me, turn onto a diferent street.
"Alex is here, Sid," Max said and I slammed onto the breaks, hearing cars behind me slam on their horns.
"What?!"
"She's home, got home about a half hour ago," he said and I growled.
"Are you kidding me?!" I growled then rubbed my face.
"What?" Alex's dad asked.
"Alex is at home!" I said and then threw the phone back over towards him and told him to call Sam and Mel to let them know.
"Where are we going?"
"Home," I said and then started to held back to Alex.