Sequel: Captain of My Life

Oh Captain, My Captain

Oh Captain, My Captain (Sidney Crosby) 086:

Chapter Eighty Six
-Alex-
I woke up the next morning feeling like someone was in my bed, and I knew it was Sidney, but I didn't know why he wasn't holding me like he usually did. I sat up in bed and turned around to see that he had his back to me, I sighed and then looked at the clock to see that it was just before seven in the morning.
'...My alarm clock is gunna go off in ten minutes. Might as well get up...' I thought as I slowly crept out of bed and walked over towards my closet.
We had a morning skate at eight before we left at noon to bus down to Philly for our game against the Flyers tonight. I wanted to have a nice cup of coffee and read the newspaper before we all left.
It's been two days since my little episode with my mother and Sidney was having a hissy fit and ignoring me. I tried to apologize to him for making him worry and drive all over the city looking for me, but he was acting like a child and I decided that there was nothing for me to apologize about. Everyone else was fine, he was the only one that was still mad.
Zeus was home and he was left to lay in the dogs room and wasn't allowed to come out. Sarabi and Nina, Sam's dog, weren't allowed to go in, because I was afraid that they would bother the cone or the stitches.
I changed into my usual under amour and shorts and threw my sneakers on then snuck out of the room, calling Sarabi as I left. She trotted past me and then I walked down the hall down to Max's room and knocked on the door, I heard him groan, so I knew that he was awake. Mel would make sure that Geno was up, so I didn't even bother with him, and Sidney would wake up to the alarm. I walked down the stairs and then into the kitchen. I sighed as I walked down the stairs and to the front door to get the morning newspaper. When I walked passed Sam and James' room, I heard the door open and turned around to see James looking like a zombie, but he was sort of up and ready to go.
"Long night?"
"Sam was up doing an article just about all night," he said and I patted his shoulder and walked into the kitchen to start brewing the coffee.
Everyone had their own morning routine, I had mine. Get ready for work, wake the boys up, get the newspaper, feed the dogs, read the newspaper, and then leave. Now that Zeus couldn't be around any of the dogs until his stitches were out, I had to make sure to lock the doggie door and then walk Sarabi and carry Nina to the dog section of the yard, once they were finished I had to bring the dogs back in and then unlock the doggie door, and make sure that Zeus went out.
When people interrupt my routine, I tend to get a little testy, when things that aren't planned to happen, happen, I tend to get a little testy. So when my car decided that it was going to die on me on the way to the arena, well that just started my day to shitville.
We had to call Marc to come and pick us up, pile into his SUV, and then apologize to Coach like a million times because we were about fifteen minutes late. Yeah, this day wasn't turning out so well; although, the skate went pretty well, so that was a plus.
It was time to leave for Philly, none of us were excited to play this team, we didn't like anyone down there, well except for Tyler, god I didn't realize how much I missed him. Everyone gathered on the bus, and I watched as Sidney walked right passed me and headed towards the back of the bus. I sighed and then shook my head as I looked out the window.
'...This was gunna be a long day...' I thought as I got out my phone and headphones and turned my music on. I felt someone sit next to me and saw that it was Max, I gave him a nice, but small smile and then looked around to see that the bus was packed and there was nowhere else to sit, '...That explains why he's sitting by me...'
"So you and the Cap are in a lovers quark?" he asked and I took my headphone out and looked at him.
"Shut up, Max."
"And I'll take that as a yes!" he laughed and I shook my head, "My you are grumpy."
"Maybe because I'm sitting next to an idiot."
"Hey now, I thought we were finished with the name calling!" he teased and I rolled my eyes.
"Forgot," I muttered and leaned my head against the window.
"Come on, Alex, what are you two even fighting about?" he asked actually sounding concerned.
"I wish I knew, he's still hung up on what happened the other night," I said and he nodded his head.
By game time, I had decided that I was going to ignore Sidney's childish behavior and focused on the game, that wasn't turning out to be going well. Actually the whole game didn't go well at all, it was one big mess.
By the third quarter I was ready to snap, the Flyers were starting with me at the warm up and I just waved it off, but when Tyler came over just to say hi, his teammates thought it was something else, and so did mine. Even if TK was once a Penguin, he was now a Flyer, just like Max was once a Flyer, now a Penguin, we were enemies.
It was the beginning of third period and I was sitting in the penalty box, ready to jump out because it was the end of my two minute penalty for boarding #11 Eric Wellwood, he was on my ass all night, so I decided to show him that I wasn't going to take it.
As I jumped out of the box, I saw Sidney heading down to the Flyers' goal and he took a shot, blocked. Something happened and before I knew it, he and Claude Giroux were fighting.
'...Perfect...' I thought as he and Sidney threw pouches back and forth.
"Alex, move!" I head and then felt someone pull me back and I turned to see that Kris and #44 Kimmo Timonen were fighting.
"What the hell is going on?!" I asked as I shook my head and then saw that Pascal was the one who pulled me back.
Kris and Timonen were ejected from the game and I watched as the ref pushed Sidney back away from Giroux. The Flyers Captain bent down to retrieve his glove that he had thrown down for the fight, and I watched as Sidney used his stick to kick it away from him.
'...What a child...' I thought as I turned away from him and skated back to the bench, '...He embarrassed us tonight...'
Sidney skated back to the bench and I heard as he called Giroux a pussy and I shook my head, "Unbelievable."
"It'll be all right," Geno said as he sat next to me and I sighed.
But it wasn't all right, by the end of the game, Flyers had won, and we were going to be leaving Philly feeling defeated and completely embarrassed.
The boys and I were in the locker room, changing, and if I was mad at Sidney before, I was livid now, I couldn't even look at him without wanting to claw his eyes out. I dug through my bag and found my phone to see that I had a text from Brandon asking what the hell was wrong with my team, guess he watched the game. I had left that text unanswered as I heard the door open and reporters running in.
'...Who let them in?...' I thought as I saw them heading over towards Sidney, thanking god that everyone was dressed, or decent.
I walked into the back and took a quick shower, not bothering to dry my hair, just putting it up in a high bun. I walked out in jeans and a t-shirt and walked over towards my locker.
"I don't like them, I don't like any of the Flyers," Sidney said and I looked over towards him shocked that he would say that to the media, he should know better, they're just looking for an excuse to screw the face of NHL over.
I grabbed my bag and then walked past them shaking my head and not wanting anything more to do with our Captain. I walked to the bus and sat in the back, I didn't want to deal with anyone right now, I was so mad. I threw my headphones on and turned my music all the way up, ignoring the looks I got from my fellow teammates. Dustin Jeffrey ended up being the lucky one sitting next to me on our quiet and depressing trip home, and I was all right with that.
We got home late, it was about three thirty in the morning, most of us had to be woken awake, me being one of those people. We decided not to spend a night in Philly, not wanting anything to do with that place, so as soon as the game was over, we took our bus and our tired asses and went home.
Everyone walked off the bus and as we started walk to our cars, Coach blew his whistle, '...Shit...'
"Everyone to the ice, now!" he said and we all turned around and headed towards the arena.
'...Early morning practice after a tough game, YAY, not!...' I thought as I started to drag my bag towards the door and Coach unlocked it.
"How much you wanna bet, he's gunna make us do suicides?" Max muttered moving next to me.
"Nothing, you're probably right," I breathed and moved to the locker room, "Let's get this over with."
Everyone changed into their practice gear and then we made our way slowly to the ice. We all stood in a circle and waited for Coach to walk out. I rubbed my face and then leaned my head against Geno's arm and closed my eyes.
"DO YOU KNOW WHAT THIS IS?!" Coach yelled and I snapped my eyes opened and stood up straight, "This is embarrassment!"
Coach had pulled out his iPad and was walking around up showing the fight from only a few hours ago, and then moving to the interview where Sidney told the world, if they didn't know already, that he didn't like the Flyers, oh and not to mention showed the clip where Sidney called Giroux a pussy.
"They started it!" Sidney said and I shook my head and rolled my eyes.
"Pathetic," I muttered and Geno nudged my arm.
"Crosby! You're team Captain, act like it!" Coach yelled and I heard Sidney scoff.
'...What the hell is wrong with him?...' I thought as I peeked my head out and saw that Sidney was acting like a freaking diva.
"Suicides go!" Coach said and then blew the whistles.
"How many?" James asked.
"Until I say stop!" he said and we sighed and were off.
'...Gunna kill him...'
♠ ♠ ♠
I know this actually happened a few season ago, but I was thinking about it and wanted to use it for now =)
Happy Reading!