Sequel: Captain of My Life

Oh Captain, My Captain

Oh Captain, My Captain (Sidney Crosby) 087:

Chapter Eighty Seven
'...I take it back, I'll kill him later, I was too tired to do it now...' I thought as I was bent over and panting over the ice trying to catch my breath from doing so many drills.
I heard someone fall to the ice and saw that Brandon Sutter was on his knees and Dustin was leaning against him.
"I'm getting too old for this," Pascal muttered and Chris Kunitz nodded his head.
'...All right, that's it...' I thought as I looked to see that Sidney was leaning against the boards trying to catch his breath.
"Alex," I heard someone say, but I waved them off.
I stood in front of Sidney and took my helmet off. He looked at me and flinched when he saw my glare.
"Come on, Alex, don't," I heard and saw that James was behind me.
"No," I said and turned back towards Sidney, "You embarrassed us tonight."
"No I didn't," he muttered and I took a deep breath.
"Really now? Did you not see the tape?" I asked and he rolled his eyes, "Stop acting like a god damn child!"
"Alex," someone said and grabbed my arm, but I shoved them off.
"You were pathetic!" I yelled and he stood up straight, this definitely got my teammates attention.
"Shut up, Alex," he muttered and tried to skate passed me, but I growled and grabbed his jersey and threw him back against the boards.
"No, Sidney, YOU shut up! You screwed up royally today! You don't think that the press didn't know that you didn't like the Flyers! They know that we ALL can't stand them, doesn't mean we announce it to the world!"
"You don't understand-" he said and tried to pull away, but I push him back.
"No Sid, I don't, but what I do know, is that you made yourself look like an asshole!" I growled and then shook my head and push him back against the boards.
"Come on, Alex, let it go," Kunitz said as he placed his hand on my shoulder and I sighed and then turned around and started to skate off.
"I only told the truth!" he yelled and I stopped and looked up.
"Stop Alex," James muttered as he looked at my annoyed face.
I growled and then turned around, "Only told the truth," I mocked, "You're unbelievable, Sid! You called the Flyers pussies today! At a game! INFRONT OF PEOPLE!!!" I yelled and he looked at me, "The only pussy I saw the ice tonight was YOU, Sidney!!!" I growled and some of the guys held me back because I wanted to go after him.
"Come on, mon cher, calm down," Kris said as his arms were around me waste.
"Walk it off, Alex," Pascal muttered as he stood in front of my and shielded me from seeing Sidney.
"Alex, come on," Geno said and I sighed and relaxed, "Let's go," he said and then turned be around and started to skate me over towards the door.
I looked up and saw Coach nod his head towards me and I smirked and walked back to the locker room to go home and change. I walked outside and into the parking lot when I was finished and then remember that my car had died yesterday. I cursed and then turned around when I felt someone's arm around my shoulder.
"Need a lift?" Kris asked and I nodded my head.
"Thanks," I said and he nodded his head and we headed over towards his car.
"The boys can hitch a ride with Marc, you look like you need to get away from them."
"I do," I said as I threw my bag into his back seat and then hopped into the front seat, "It's five in the morning, and we're just heading home, I hope there's no practice today."
Kris laughed as we pulled out of the parking lot, "Doubt it, I'm beat."
"Same," I said and then looked out the window, "Look, I know you guys are probably mad at me-"
"For what?" he asked and I looked at him.
"For saying what I saw to Sidney."
"No," Kris said plainly and I looked at him, "I think you said what we were all thinking. He's our best friend, but no," I sighed and then rubbed my face, "You gunna be all right?"
"I don't know," I said and then saw that Kris was pulling onto my street, "I don't regret what I told him, he pissed me off severely and I hope he realizes that people are going to talk about how much of a diva he's acting like, but he's still," I sighed, "I still-"
"I know," Kris said and then pulled into my driveway, "I think you need a bigger house," he said and I laughed.
"Well, when I moved here, I didn't plan on being roommates with four of my teammates and two of my friends," I laughed and he looked at me.
"Fair enough," he smirked and then sighed, "Things will get better, Alex."
I smiled towards him and patted his knee, "How do you not have a girlfriend?"
"Eh, because I'm married," he said and my eyes widened and I grabbed his hand, but saw no ring, "I'm married to my job."
"Dumbass," I laughed and then waved by to him and left his car and headed up to my door after grabbing my bag from the back seat.

-Marc-
I laughed at my stranded friends and then shook my head when I saw that Kris was gone, "Tanger must have taken her home."
"Why?" Sidney asked and I looked at him.
"Because she's pissed at you and he was the first one out of the locker room," Max answered as we hopped into my SUV.
"Man, Vero's gunna kill me, I'm gunna be heading home when she's waking up," I muttered and then turned on the vehicle.
"I'm sorry," I heard mutter from the backseat and I looked into the rearview to see that the guys were looking at Sidney, "Alex was right, I was a total asshole tonight."
I sighed and then stopped at the red light, "You were, but you need to get over your hatred of our opponents. You're the face of the NHL, you're gunna have some a lot of enemies."
"Yeah man, people look up to you, kids look up to you," James said and I nodded my head and hit the gas pedal as the light turned green.
"I really screwed up," Sidney said and I sighed.
"It's fine, you just need to do a press conference and apologize for acting like a douche," I said and he shook his head.
"I screwed up with Alex," he said and I smirked.
'...Of course he's thinking about her, hopeless romantic...' I thought as I continued to drive around the streets of Pittsburgh after five in the morning, listening to Max tell Sidney what he had to do to win Alex back.
"You dumbass! Why are you listening to him? He's the only one that's single!" James yelled and I laughed as Max shook his head from the front seat and threw his hands in the air.
"Fine then, don't listen to me!"

-Sidney-
Marc had dropped up off at home and we walked through the garage door, after putting in the password to manually open the door.
"Well, night guys," James said as he headed downstairs to Sam, and the rest of us walked up the stairs to our rooms.
I knew that Alex was still up because I could hear her moving around, but when I went to the door, I found that it was locked. I threw my head back and groaned and then turned around to see Geno and Max looking at me.
"Dog house, man," Max said and I nodded my head and then headed back down the stairs.
'...Looks like I'm on the couch tonight...' I thought as I threw my bag by the side of the bed and collapsed onto the couch, grabbing the blanket as I went down and falling asleep instantly.

-Alex-
I knew that Sidney had tried to open the door, but I ignored it and walked over towards my bed. When I got home, I had taken Sarabi outside to do her business and then headed up to my room. I turned my alarm clock off, because my ass was sleeping in today.
I heard a knock on my door and then heard Geno call my name, I sighed and then walked over towards the door.
"What, Geno?" I asked not even opening the door.
Geno sighed and I heard him place a hand on the door, "Sleep well, Alex," he muttered and then I heard him walk away.
"Night," was all I said and then turned back and walked to my bed and fell asleep.