Sequel: Captain of My Life

Oh Captain, My Captain

Oh Captain, My Captain (Sidney Crosby) 092:


Chapter Ninety Two
-Alex-
"Alex," I felt myself being shaken, "Alex."
"What?" I groaned and then felt that I wasn't on my bed.
"Alex," I heard again and then head the person sigh, "Come on, wake up."
"I'm up."
They laughed and then I felt their breath on my face, "No you're not, what are you even doing in here?"
I blinked my eyes opened and then saw that Max's face was inches away from mine. I yelped and jumped back, only to find myself falling back and off whatever I was laying on and hitting the hardwood floor.
"Shit! Are you ok?" Max asked and I looked to see that I was in the pool room, and I fallen asleep on the pool table, "Alex?"
"I'm fine," I grumbled and looked down to see that I didn't have anything on, but a blanket was around me. I quickly pulled the blanket up, but I had already flashed Max my boobs.
"Nice tits," he laughed.
"Shut up," I growled and then stood up, wrapping the towel around me and looking around the room, '...Where's Trevor?...'
"So who was that guy that left?" he asked and I looked up towards him.
"Left?"
"Yeah, he was gettin' into a cab when I pulled up, had a suitcase and everything," he said and I sighed, "Who was that, Alex?"
"Trevor Lewis," I muttered and then sighed, "He's a friend of mine from the Kings."
"I take you two-"
"Yeah," I said and then rubbed my face, "I think I made a mistake, Max."
"How?" he asked and I looked up towards him to see he looked down at me sadly, "Is this still about Sid?"
"I love him, Max."
"You're not together," he said and then wrapped his arms around my neck, "You did nothing wrong, you're single, this is what single people do."
"Then why do I feel so guilty."
"I don't know," he said and then pulled back and looked at my face and looked at me real serious, "You had sex on the pool table didn't you?"
I smirked and shook my head, "You're unbelievable, I thought you were gunna say something important."
"You did! Damn Alex! That's kinky right there!" he laughed and I shook my head and walked out of the room, holding the blanket tight against me.
"What are you even doing here? It's Christmas!"
"Eh, my family went on a cruise, and I forgot," he said and I looked at him.
"You drove all the way home only to remember that your family wasn't gunna be there?"
"I know, depressing."
"How'd you remember?"
"They left a note on the door," he laughed and I smirked and shook my head.
"They knew you were going to forget," I laughed and he nodded his head.
I walked into the kitchen and saw a note on the counter for me. I walked over towards it and saw that it was from Trevor. Three words, 'I'm sorry, Angel'. I sighed and then placed the note in the garbage, shaking my head.
"What is it?" Max asked and I shook my head and then watched as he dug into the garbage and read the note, "He's probably off to the airport, you want a ride?"
"No, let him go," I said and Max snorted.
"Go get changed, Alex."
"Why?"
"Because we're going to the airport, you're gunna eat yourself up if you don't finished this," Max said and I sighed and nodded my head, running upstairs and changing.

-Trevor-
I regretted leaving Alex early, I was supposed to be there for another three days, but after last night, I couldn't stay. Don't get me wrong, last night was incredible, and I definitely made Alex feel good, but my name wasn't the one she was screaming for last night, my names wasn't the she moaned, she was thinking, picturing that I was Crosby.
It was early and my flight back to LA didn't leave for another hour, I found out that there weren't many flights going out today, with it being Christmas and all. I was sitting in the coffee shop watching as the planes flew in and took off. I hated leaving Alex like that, but it was probably the best thing to do. I felt a little embarrassed when I saw Max Talbot pull up to the house, right when I was getting in the cab, I wanted to leave quietly and without people knowing that I was there, with Talbot seeing, that wasn't gunna happen.
"So that's it?" I heard and then looked up to see that Alex was panting in front of me.
"Alex? Wha-"
"You're just gunna leave like that?" she asked and I stood up and looked around to see that no one was in the shop.
"It's not what I wanted."
"Then what? What do you mean?"
"Alex, I care about you," I told her and placed my hand on her cheek, only for her to slap it away and she glared at me. I sighed and then gave her a small smile, "I'm not the best thing for you."
"Then what about that whole-"
"Angel, I had fun last night, and I think you did too," I said and then placed my hands on her waist, "But we both know, that you weren't seeing me last night. My name wasn't the one falling from your lips last night."
"I-"
"It's all right, Angel, I know you do care about him," I said and she sighed and looked down, "Come on, Alex."
"I'm sorry, Trev, I know you care, I do, but I can't-" I cut her off by pressing my lips onto hers.
'...I'm gunna miss these...' I thought as I tried to hold onto that moment. I felt her hands on my chest and she wrapped them around my neck and my arms went around her waist, I held her tight, not really wanting to let her go.
"I'm gunna miss you, Trev," she breathed as I pulled away and looked at her, there was a tear falling down her face, and I smirked sadly and rubbed it with my thumb.
"I know," I said and then kissed her forehead, "Damn, Crosby is a lucky guy," I said and she smirked, "Too bad he's too stupid to realize that."
"Stay safe, Trevor," she said and I smiled and nodded my head.
"Bye, Alex."
"Bye," she whispered and then pulled away, letting my arms reach out and then dropped when she was far enough to where I couldn't reach.
'...There goes someone that I really care about, damn, I'm so stupid...' I thought as I watched as I walked away and saw that she was walking over towards Talbot. He nodded his head towards me and then the two of them turned around and walked away, '...Crosby better fix that relationship...'

-Alex-
Max and I just got home and I felt emotionally drained. Sarabi trotted ovre towards me and I just patted her head and walked passed her.
"Alex," Max called and I turned around to see that he had a small box, "Merry Christmas."
I gave him a soft smile and then walked over towards him and took the present, "Thank you, Max, for everything."
"You're welcome," he said and then placed his arm on my shoulder and I opened the small box to see that it was a digital picture frame, and there were pictures of the guys and I on our trips and games, practices, everything. I smiled as I watched as the pictures went by and saw how happy Sidney and I were when a picture of us together went by, "Eh, for the record, I got it when you two were-"
"It's fine, I love it," I said and then placed the frame on the counter and hugged Max, "Thank you."
"Never thought that you would actually like, huh?" he asked and I laughed.
"That's still debatable."
"Hey come on now!" he whined and I laughed and then took the picture and placed it on the table behind the couch, "I know it's corny, but, I thought it suited you."
"Gee thanks," I laughed and then turned to face Max and then felt Max wrap his arms around my neck, "He'll come to his senses, Alex, it'll be all right."