Sequel: Captain of My Life

Oh Captain, My Captain

Oh Captain, My Captain (Sidney Crosby) 093:

Chapter Ninety Three
New Years was like the one time that people dared to dream big and not be made fun of for doing it. It was the day to celebrate because your shitty year had ended and it was a chance to try again, and this time make it work, or at least try to.
Everyone was back in town; Sidney had officially moved into his new house down the street where Matt Cooke and his family lived, Max was in the process of moving into his new home in the city, and I was still depressed. Yesterday’s practice was awkward, and it ever got crazier when Mario Lemieux called me and said that he wanted to talk to me. I found out that day that three team owners had called him and said that they were interested in me. Mario said that he didn’t want me to leave, that I was an asset, which I was happy to hear, but it was my decision on whether or not I wanted to leave, naturally, I declined. I didn’t even ask who was interested in me, which I think I made him happy by not doing that.
Right now I was in my room with Mel, Sam and Vero, they decided that they were going to play dress up with me, and for whatever reason, I was letting them. It was New Years Eve, and I was going to be going out to the clubs with the team and their wives and girlfriends to celebrate.
“No way, you got to slut her up a little bit,” I heard Max say as he walked into the room.
“Shut up, Max,” Mel laughed and I smirked while shaking my head.
“You look good, Alex,” he said as he sat next to me on the bed.
“Thanks.”
“Maybe you should be my date tonight,” he hinted and I laughed.
“You don’t date, Max,” Vero stated and I held back a laugh.
“This right, I ‘hook up’,” he said and I rolled my eyes.
“There’s only so long you can get away with that, Max,” I said and he looked at me.
“Is that a ‘wink wink’, Alex?”
“Not in the slightest. I’m just saying you’re getting older; you should start looking for a girl to settle down with. Come on, look at Pascal, he’s married and has four kids and girls still throw themselves at him.”
“I’m not Pascal!”
“You’re French! You got that cute accent! You’re just like Marc and Kris!” I said and I heard Vero cough, “I bat those girls away from Marc, don’t you worry Vero.”
“Thank you,” she said and we both laughed.
“Cute?” he said and I laughed.
“That’s the only thing that you picked up on?” I asked and he smirked.
“You said my accent was cute,” he smirked and I shook my head.
“Just cute, sweetie, don’t go into a full blown hard on, on me, Max,” I stated and he laughed.
“Oh come on!”
“You’re accent is nothing like Geno’s, Max,” I said and then nudged Mel and we smirked.
“What about Geno?” I heard and then laughed when he walked into the room.
“Just talk Geno,” I said and Mel sat down on the other side of me.
“And say what?”
“That,” Mel said and I laughed.
“Huh?”
“That is sexy right there!” I said and Max scoffed.
“I’m so confused,” Geno said as he walked into the room more.
“I get turned on just hearin’ it,” Mel said and I started to crack up.
“So confused.”
“They’re talking about your accent, G!” Max pouted and I smirked.
“What about it?”
“Pour gold!” Mel said and he smirked.
“Eh, it just skill,” he said as he shrugged his shoulders and then jumped onto my bed and laid across of it.
“Yeah, whatever,” Max said and I nudged his shoulder and he smirked.
The girls had me in a plain black dress that ended at my thighs, and from my thighs to my waist it was tight against me, and then really loose on the top, it fell over one shoulder, and on the other side, clung to my arm, the sleeves ending at my elbow. I had my hair down and curled, and had gold bangles on with nude pumps; I had to wear one of my strapless bras because I didn’t want the strap showing. Geno said I looked sexy and nonslutty.
By the time it was time to leave, we all piled into my Tahoe, except for Vero because she needed to go home and get Marc. Sam said that she was going to be the designated driver because Max planned on getting some drinks in me tonight, I said no, but, with Max, apparently he wasn’t use to a girl saying no to him, and he was going to be on a mission.
We arrived at the club around ten thirty and I gave my car to the valet parking people. I stood outside the door and remember that the last time I was here, Sidney and I had broken up.
“It’ll be fine, Alex,” Max said as he held out his hand.
I nodded my head and then took it and the two of us walked in. We made our way over towards our VIP room and I saw that some of the guys were there already, Sidney being one of them.
“Alex!”
“Kris!” I said as he made his way over towards me, a beer already in his hand, “How was your Christmas?”
“Good and yours?”
“Pretty good,” I said and he smiled and nodded his head.
“Alex!” I felt someone’s around go around my shoulder and smiled when I saw Dustin and Eric show up behind me.
“Hi guys,” I said and then saw that Dustin had a girl under his arm. I smiled towards her and she gave me a slight wave.
“Alex, this is my girlfriend, Tammy,” he said and I held out my hand.
“Nice to meet you!”
“Same, I love your dress,” she cooed and I laughed.
“Thank you.”
“Hey, have you seen the new kid?” Eric asked and I looked at him and shook my head.
“New kid?”
“He was a practice yesterday,” Dustin said and I was confused.
“I don’t remember seeing him, who is he?”
“What the hell, were you in lala land or something?” Eric asked and I shrugged my shoulders.
“That Bennet kid came up from the AHL to replace Martin because of his injury,” Kris said while still standing next to me.
“I know that Paul was hurt, but I don’t- Oooooooooh, ok, never mind, he’s the one that didn’t stop staring at me,” I said and the guys laughed and nodded their heads, “Isn’t he like nineteen or something.”
“Naw, he’s twenty one,” Kris said and I shrugged my shoulders.
“Alex!”
‘…Boy I’m popular tonight…’ I thought as I turned around and was attacked in a hug by none other than Emily, Tanner’s wife, “How are you?!” I squealed because I haven’t seen her in a long time.
“I’m fine! It’s been forever!” she said and I smiled and nodded my head.
“Hi Alex!”
“Hi Tanner,” I smiled and then felt someone like jump onto my back and almost fall, but Tanner held his arms out and held me up. I stood up and turned around to see that Brandon Sutter was standing there laughing, “Brandon! You almost knocked me over!”
He laughed and then shook his head off, “That was awesome!”
“Shut up!” I laughed and his threw his arm around me.
“I think you need a drink, Alex!” I heard and then felt Max standing next to me.
“Oh come on!”
“Nope, what’s your poison?”
“Water.”
“Captain Coke,” I heard Mel tell him and he smirked towards me.
“You like your Captains, huh?” he asked and I watched as Tanner stopped on his foot, “Right, drink,” he winced and then turned around while I shook my head.
I noticed that Sidney was in the corner of the room talking to Geno. I sighed and then saw that he was looking at me. It seemed like we were staring at each other forever, but when Marc stood in front of me and smiled, I snapped out of my gaze and smiled back.
“How are you?” Marc asked as he hugged me.
“I’m fine,” I said and he smiled.
“Good, I like what Vero did to you,” he said and I laughed.
“Thank you.”
“One Captain Coke for the pretty lady!” I heard and then saw a drink be moved in front of my face.
“That was fast,” I told Max while I took the drink.
“Eh, the bartender wants to do me so she’ll drop everything to see what I would like,” he said and I scoffed and shook my head.
“You’re crazy, man,” Marc said and I laughed.
“Thank you.”