Sequel: Captain of My Life

Oh Captain, My Captain

Oh Captain, My Captain (Sidney Crosby) 094:

Chapter Ninety Four
-Sidney-
Alex was tipsy and I watched as Max handed her drink after drink, she turned down some shots that some he and Tanner had brought over and I couldn’t help but watch over her, I still cared.
“Go talk to her, Sid,” Geno said and I looked at him, “She’s hurting just as much as you are.”
“She looks pretty fine to me,” I said and then watched as she finished off her fifth drink.
I watched as Vero, Mel, Sam and some of the other girls grabbed Alex and drug her out of the VIP room, probably to go onto the dance floor.
“You got to admit that she looks really good tonight,” Marc said as he walked over towards Geno and I and I nodded my head.
“You should go talk to her,” Pascal said as he walked over and took a swig of his beer.
“What the hell?! Is everyone going to put their opinion in his matter?” I asked and Pascal smirked.
“You know some teams called Mario and asked for her to be traded down to their team,” Pascal informed and we all looked at him.
“Why didn’t she say anything to me?” I asked.
“Screw you, what about me?!” Marc said and Geno sighed.
“The team!” Geno said and I shook my head.
“Is she leaving?” I asked and Pascal shrugged his shoulders.
“How’d you find out about this?” Marc asked.
“She talked to me about it. I think I talked her into staying, but I don’t know,” Pascal said and I sighed, “Go talk to her.”
“She hates me right now,” I muttered and took a swig of my beer.
“She misses you,” Marc said and I looked at her.
“What about that Lewis guy she had over for Christmas?”
“He came and he went!” Marc said and I sighed, “That guy’s in LA right now, what the hell is he gunna do?”
“Sid, man up and go talk to her, before someone else comes along and takes her,” Pascal said and I looked at him, “GO!” he said and then pushed me forward.
I walked through the VIP room and came across Max, I walked over towards him and he was talking to Chris Kunitz and Tomas Vokoun. I placed my hand on his shoulder and he looked at me, “You see Alex?”
“She’s on the dance floor with the girls,” he answered and then looked at me, “You gunna fix it?”
“Gunna try.”
“It’s New Years Eve, Sid, go be Mr. Romeo,” Max said and I smirked and shook my head as I patted his shoulder and walked out of the room, heading down to the dance floor.

-Alex-
I knew I was a little tipsy, possibly drunk, but I was having fun, so I didn’t care. Mel and I were at the bar ordering beers when I felt someone come up behind me and place their hand on my back. I turned around to see that it was some guy that had a dress shirt and jeans on, brown curly hair and bright green eyes, boy was he cute.
“Hi,” he smiled and I smiled back, “I’m Alex,” he said and I laughed and watched him hold out his hand.
“Alex,” I stated my name and I shook his hand.
“Yeah, what’s your name?” he asked as I turned around and leaned against the bar seeing his one arm next to my waist and leaning onto the counter.
“No, my name’s Alex too,” I laughed and he smirked.
“Oh, well that’s a new one,” he laughed, “So, I’ve never seen you around here before.”
“I’m not really a club person,” I answered and he flashed his pearly whites.
“Why not? You’re definitely beautiful enough to be here,” he said and I smirked.
‘…A charmer…’ I thought as he reminded me of Max.
“Can I buy you a drink?” he asked and I felt someone tap my shoulder, and I turned my head to see Mel handing me my beer that we ordered ten minutes ago.
“Sorry, I have one,” I said and then stood up straight, “Thanks anyways.”
“Sure,” he said and then I waved to him as Mel and I headed back out onto the dance floor.
“He was cute,” Mel said and I smirked and nodded my head.
“I’m not interested.”
“Who cares, it’s New Years Eve, get a little crazy!” she said and I laughed.
“Alex!” I heard and then felt someone’s hand on my arm. I turned my head and saw Sidney looking at me sadly.
“Sid, not tonight-“ Mel started as she moved next to him.
“I’m not here to start anything,” he said and then looked at me, “Can we talk?” he asked shouting over the music. When I didn’t respond fast enough, I felt his grip loosen enough, “Please.”
“All right,” I said and he gave me a small smile and I looked at Mel. She sighed and then mouthed a ‘good luck’ to me as I turned away and started to follow Sidney.
He led me to the back door and we walked out into the alley way. Sidney placed the brick in the doorway, so that the door didn’t close and lock us out.
“What do you want, Sid?” I asked tiredly as I sighed and scratched my head.
“To apologize,” he said and I looked at him annoyed.
“Really? Because you did a piss poor job last time, what makes you think that this time is gunna be any different?” I asked because it felt like deju vu.
“I got scared when you went into your last blackout. You didn’t want to tell me what happened with your mother, so I was afraid that if you didn’t-“
“Come on, get real, Sidney-“
“Please let me finish,” he said and I sighed and nodded my head, “Alex, I love you, I do! But when you go into your blackouts, you scare me.”
“I understand that I scare you, I scare everyone, including myself!” I said and then threw my arms in the air, “I told you last time that I was trying to control them, but I can’t do it all.”
“I’m sorry that I acted like an asshole and ignored you, didn’t hold you at night, I didn’t kiss you or sit next to you on the bus,” he said as he took a step closer, “I’m sorry I didn’t tell you a good job at practice when you shot that puck into the empty net from the other side of the ice, or when you won your argument with Max in the locker room after the morning skate before we left for Philly,” he said and I saw the tears welling up in his eyes, “Alex, I’m sorry that I embarrassed you at that game, I hated myself for making you feel upset and I never want to make you feel like that again.”
I looked at him and then choked back a sob and placed my hand over my mouth, ‘…He noticed…’
“I love you Alex,” he said as I felt his hands on my arms, “I’m so sorry.”
“I love you too, Sidney,” I said as I threw my arms around him and he pressed his lips against mine, feeling an arm on my back, pulling me closer to him, and then feeling his hand get tangled in my hair.
My one hand was on his chest while the other was on the back of his neck. Sidney pulled away and then laid his forehead on mine and we caught our breath and he smiled at me, “Will you be mine again, Alex?” I looked at him and then pressed my lips against his, feeling him smile and pull me closer, “So is that a yes?” he asked and I smiled and nodded my head, but then frowned when I remembered about Trevor, “What?”
‘…I have to tell him…’ I thought as I looked at Sidney and pulled away, “I have to tell you something.”
“Is this about that Lewis guy?” he asked and I looked at him shocked.
“How did you-“
“The guys,” he said and I sighed and looked at the ground, “I’m not mad.”
“You’re not?” I asked shocked.
“I mean I was, I was pissed actually, but we weren’t together,” he said, muttering that last part, “And I have something to tell you.”
“Yeah,” I said and he looked at me.
“I slept with Annabelle,” he said and I bit my lip and shook my head.
“I can’t get mad, but I am,” I said and he nodded his head, “I have no reason to get mad, because we weren’t together, but I’m pissed.”
“I know, it was stupid.”
“Sid, you slept with your Ex, the one that you said was psychotic!”
“You slept with yours!” he shouted and I shook my head viciously.
“Trevor was never my Ex! We never dated! We never did anything other than be friends!” I stated and Sidney sighed.
“So what, that justifies your actions?!” he shouted and I looked at him.
“I never said that it did!” I growled and glared at him.
“I’m sorry, no,” he said and then sighed, “We both can’t get upset with each other! I know we want to, but we can’t!” I scratched forehead annoyed and then sighed and nodded my head, “I’m just gunna call a truce, right now!”
“Fine,” I said and looked at him.
“Alex, I only slept with Annabelle because-“
“Don’t even finish that sentence Sidney, or you will sorely regret it,” I growled and he nodded his head.