Sequel: Captain of My Life

Oh Captain, My Captain

Oh Captain, My Captain (Sidney Crosby) 098:

Chapter Ninety Eight
"Here is our Russian superstar! Evgeni "Geno" Malkin!" the man announced and Geno walked out onto the stage and down the runway.
I laughed from behind the stage, feeling Max leaning over me and laughing as we watched Geno walk out, shyly walking down the stage and hearing a lot of woman screaming for him.
"Give 'em a good look, Geno!"
Geno held out his arms and spun around, I laughed when I say his red face and then looked back to see that a lot of the guys were watching.
"Can I get a hundred for Geno?" the announcer asked and girls started to throw out prices, by the end, a woman had bought Geno for about five thousand dollars.
A few of the guys had gone out already and were bought, but so far, Geno was the highest, I expected the prices to go up, and figured that Golden Boy Sidney Crosby to be the one who brings in the money. Apparently last year he brought in almost ten thousand dollars.
"Who are these people that they can give up all this money?" I asked as I turned around to see the guys looking at me.
"A lot of rich people," Max said and I snorted.
"I know that, but who?"
"Don't know, some of them come in front out of town," James said and I nodded my head.
"There are some guys out there for you, Alex," Tanner Glass said and I scoffed and shook my head.
"Good thing that this is for charity," I stated and Sidney nodded his head.
"Step aside and let the master work his magic," Max said as he fixed his collars and flashed his pearly whites at me.
"You're ridicules," I scoffed and he smirked.
"Just watch," he said and I shook my head and then watched as he walked out onto the stage.
"Son of a bitch," I laughed as I saw as he brought in a little over six thousand dollars.
"I worked my magic," Max said as he appeared back smiling widely towards us.
"You're up, Flower!" Coach said as he came up to us and Marc smirked and nodded his head.
Marc walked out and brought back four thousand five hundred. Everyone else went out, except for Sidney and I. I smirked as I leaned on Sidney's shoulder and laughed when I saw all of the hungry girls out there, ready to get their claws into him.
"Have fun out there, babe," I laughed and then kissed his check.
"Gee thanks," he scoffed and I smiled.
"And here he is! The man you've been waiting for! The kid! The best! The face of the NHL! SIDNEY CROSBY!!!"
"Go get 'em," I said and gently shoved him out there and watched as he worked his magic.
"Your boy's gunna be the one to pull in all the money," Marc said as he snuck in next to me and peeked his out.
"Wow, more than last year," James muttered as Sidney started to head back.
"Not bad, Sid!" Kris said and he smirked.
"Ten thousand dollars," Sidney said and I smirked and nodded my head.
"Nice."
"Now go strut your stuff, Alex!" Eric ordered and I laughed.
The announcer started to announce me, I smirked as I waited for my signal to head out, "Here she is! the Queen of hockey! Alexandra Conners!"
"I can't believe I'm going this," I muttered as I heard the guys laugh and I walked onto the stage and walked down the runway, '...It's all for charity...'
I walked to the end of the stage and looked at everyone screaming and cheering, "Let's start the bidding for-"
"Five thousand dollars!" a man yelled and I tried to bite back my shock.
'...Damn...'
"Five thousand dollars, going-"
"Six thousand dollars!" another person yelled.
The price was going up and up and I couldn't even keep track to who was yelling out totals. When it hit over ten thousand, I laughed, because I was going to bring in more than Sidney, but what surprised me, was that there were women who were bidding on me as well.
"FIFTEEN THOUSAND DOLLARS!!!" I heard and then snapped my head to my side to see that my mother was standing in the audience.
'...What the hell is she doing? Where does she even have that much money?...' I thought as I stared at her and saw her intense gaze at me.
"Fifteen thousand, going once..."
'...Come on someone else...'
"Going twice..."
'...Please...'
"So-"
"SIXTEEN THOUSAND!!!" I heard a man yell and then sigh in relief.
"SEVENTEEN THOUSAND!!!"
"EIGHTEEN THOUSAND!!!" the man yelled again, edging my mother on.
'...Wow, that's a lot of money...'
"TWENTY FIVE THOUSAND DOLLARS!!!" I heard and my eyes nearly fell out of their sockets. I knew it was a woman who yelled that, but I didn't know where.
The room fell silent and I looked around.
"Twenty five thousand dollars going once, going twice..."
'...Don't bid, don't bid...' I begged while staring at my mom.
"SOLD!!!"
'...Thank god!...' I thought as I smiled towards the audience and then walked back to the back stage to see the guys jumping up and down laughing.
"Was that your mom out there?" Sidney asked and I nodded my head, "Why?"
"Don't know, kind of happy that she didn't win though," I said and Sidney sighed and kissed my forehead.
"You did good out there," he said and I snorted.
"All I did was stand out there," I said and he laughed.
"You racked in the most money, Alex!" Geno cheered and I laughed and nodded my head.
"All right guys, put these on and then go out there and find your bidders!" Coach's wife, Mary Beth said as she handed us stickers of the number of the person who bided on us.
"I can't believe a girl bided on you," Max said as he slung his arm over my shoulder.
"Yeah, it's no big deal," I said and he smirked and shook his head.
"If she asks about-"
"If it's something perverted Max, don't finish it," I said and he snorted and I heard the guys laughing behind me.
We all walked back onto the stage and the twenty people who bought us stood there waving their numbers in the air. We matched the numbers together and then walked over towards our people.
"Hi, I'm Alex," I smiled towards the woman who held up the number on my stick.
"I'm Dawn," she said and then held out her hands.
"Thank you for your bid," I said while shaking her hand.
"Happy to help the organization and to see you," she smiled and I looked at her. She was an older woman, maybe in her late thirties, "My son's going to love you."
"Um, I'm sorry," I said confused.
"Oh, my son, Danny, he's in love with you," she laughed and I nodded my head, "That's why I bided on you."
"Oh, well thanks," I said and then smiled nervously, "Well, I'll meet you and your son tomorrow at ten."
"At the arena, right?" she asked and I nodded my head, "See you then."