Sequel: Captain of My Life

Oh Captain, My Captain

Oh Captain, My Captain (Sidney Crosby) 099:

Chapter Ninety Nine
We were going to be spending the day with the people that bought us, everyone was meeting at the arena, and we were going to decide then what we were going to do. I was nervous about the Danny boy, I didn't what he looked like or what kind of person he was. Sidney was going out with this girl who looked to be in her early twenties, apparently her daddy has a lot of money, most of the guys' girls were like that.
"Hey, it'll be all right," I heard and felt's Sidney's hand on my knee.
"I didn't get much sleep last night," I muttered and laid my head on his shoulder.
"You worried about this guy?" Sidney asked and I sighed.
"I'm more worried about what my mom's up to," I said and Sidney sighed.
"Don't get too worked up over it," he said and I nodded my head.
"Show time!" I heard Max say as the door to the locker room opened and two girls walked in.
I sat up, seeing that the one girl was Sidney's. I smirked towards him and he just rolled his eyes, "Have fun."
"Whatever," he muttered and then walked off with his girl, while the other one in the middle of the room smiling towards Beau Bennett, apparently that was his girl.
"Alex," I heard and looked up to see Dawn standing there smiling towards me, "This is Danny," she said and I looked to see that there was a little boy, probably about ten or so standing next to her.
I smiled brightly towards him, finding that my worrying about him was for nothing, "Hey there cutie," I cooed and then laughed when I saw his face go red, "Boy, you're adorable."
"He's been a fan of yours for a while, his older brother watched you play for the Kings," Dawn said and I smiled and looked towards the little boy hiding behind his mom nervously, "That's how Danny found out about you."
"Oh well, thank you for being a fan," I smiled and he nodded his head, "So what would you like to do today?"
I saw that the guys that were still in the room were smiling towards me, happy to see that I wasn't stuck with some creep. Danny muttered something, but I couldn't understand him and had to ask again.
"Don't mutter, sweetie," Dawn said and I stood up and walked over towards him and bent down.
"I wanna skate with you," he whispered and I smiled.
This little boy could have asked to do almost anything with him, and all he wanted was to skate with me. I smiled brightly and held out my hand, "Let's skate then."
"Really?" he muttered and I nodded my head.
"Do you have skates or-"
"No I brought mine!" he yelled happily and I laughed and he took my hand.
"I'll see you later, Danny," Dawn said as she bent down and kissed her son's head, "Here's my number, you call me when you're finished?"
"Sure," I smiled and she nodded her head.

-Sidney-
I got a text and a picture from Marc saying that the boy that Alex was nervous about was a ten year old kid. I got the picture and smiled when I saw how Alex looked happy and relieved.
"What's that?" the girl named, Ashley, asked as she then hung over my shoulder.
"Just Alex meeting the little boy who's mother bided on her," I explained and she shrugged her shoulders.
"So what are we going to do?" she whined and bit back a sigh.
'...Alex did better off than I did...' I thought as I tried to pry the girl off, "What do you want to do?" I asked and then instantly regretting it, '...At least last year, the girl wanted me to meet her brother who was a diehard fan...'

-Alex-
"Look at you!" I cooed as I watched as he skated onto the ice, "I'll make a hockey player out of you yet!"
He smiled and then skated along the wall, "I want to sign up for the team next season."
"I say do it, you know how to skate, so you're only half way there," I smiled as I skated over towards him and ruffled his hair. He laughed and then grabbed onto my arm as I started to skate past him, "Hey now," I laughed as I saw that I was dragging him along.
"Faster!" he smiled and I kicked into the ice and glided along the wall, while Danny still held my hand.
"And here I thought I would have the arena to myself," I heard and then turned around to see Pascal with his son.
"Hello," I smiled and then felt Danny hide behind me.
"Who's that?" Pascal asked as he and his son skated over towards us.
"This is Danny, his mother bided on me," I explained and Pascal nodded his head.
"Hey little man," Pascal said as he bent down and looked at Danny, "I'm Pascal."
"Danny," he muttered and I smiled at his shyness.
"Well Danny, this is my son Kody," Pascal said and I smiled towards Kody and high fived him, when he skated over towards me, "I guess you two have something in common."
"What's that?" Danny asked as I felt his hand on my leg.
"You both like Alex," Pascal smiled and I bent down and ruffled his hair. Danny smiled and nodded his head and moved out from behind me, "Do you mind if Kody and I skate with you?"
"No," Danny answered as he shook his head.
"All right," Pascal said and then held out his hand for Danny to shake, "You're all right, kid," I laughed and then stood up and smiled towards Pascal, "Cooke's coming with his son, Jackson, and Craig is coming with Rhys," Pascal said and I nodded my head, "We honestly thought that we would have the ice to ourselves."
"I thought Cooke did the charity thing?"
"His girl cancelled," Pascal explained and I nodded my head.
Pascal, Craig, Tomas didn't do the auction, they were married men with kids, and their wives didn't really take it too well when they found out what was going on. They didn't care though, not really wanting to do it anyways, so Pascal and Craig were going to spend the day here.
Once Craig and Cooke showed up with their sons, Danny got really nervous. I smiled towards him and told him that everything was going to be all right and that I would still skate with him, but once he got comfortable, he ended up going off and skating with the sons too.
"You all right?" I asked as I skated over towards Danny who was laughing on the ice. He just fell on his butt, and I skated over to make sure he wasn't hurt.
"Yup," he said and then tried to stand up but fell, "I always have trouble standing back up."
"Oh, well that's easy," I smiled and then explained to him what you have to do and watched as he stood up and smiled towards me, "You did it!"
"Thanks," he said and I smiled.
"Any time."
"I wanna skate that fast!" Danny said as he watched as Jackson, Cooke's son, was skating faster than Kody and Rhys.
"You will in time," I explained and he nodded his head.
Pascal, Craig and Matt were sitting on the wall watching their sons skate, and then I joined them when Danny skated off to join the boys.
"He looks like he's having fun," Craig said and I smiled and nodded my head, "He's a little shy."
"I find it cute," I said and he smirked.
"So how'd you get stuck with him?" Craig asked.
"His mother won the bid," I said and he nodded his head.
"How much? The guys said that you had the highest bid," Craig said and I nodded my head.
"Twenty five thousand," I answered and he whistled.
"That's a lot of money," Pascal said and I nodded my head.
"At least you weren't stuck with a creep, Geno and Sidney are trying to get their girls to leave," Cooke said and I laughed when Matt handed me his phone and I saw the texts that they were sending back and forth, most of them saying 'help'.
"Poor guys."
"Max made out though, he got twins," Cooke said and I shook my head.
"How does he do it?" I asked and the guys shrugged their shoulders.
"Do we look like we need tips from Max?" Pascal said and I laughed and shook my head.
"You're all happily married."
"Damn straight," Craig said and we turned back towards the boys to see that Rhys had just falling onto the ice, "Walk it off, Rhys!"
"Heartless."
"He's fine, see," Craig said and I laughed.
'...I never did things like this with the Kings, it's kind of nice...'