Status: Finished! :D

The Cheap Bouquet

Prologue

Annabella sat in the corner of the classroom, doodling in her notebook carelessly. She had just been thinking about things. She had been thinking about everything, actually. How stupid she was to actually believe her brother when he promised that things would get better, how angry she was with him for taking his own precious life, how disappointed in herself she had been because of the major drop in her grades his death had made.

The bell rang for sixth hour, tearing her from her depressed thoughts. She closed her notebook and clicked the ballpoint pen once, putting it in the metal bind of the notebook. She gathered her folders and text books, and stood up. She flinched back when she noticed Emmeline Summer standing next to her. Annabella examined her attire quickly. She was wearing black combat boots, tight, leather jeans, a black top, and a leather jacket. Her chocolate-brown colored hair had two streaks of purple on either side. Her hair was unprofessionally cut, and her bangs fell loosely over her left eye. Her eyeliner was much to dark against her olive skin. Her dull green eyes pierced through Annabella's blue ones. An evil grin spread across her face.

"You're hurt about your brothers death." She stated, running the knuckles of her right hand over Annabella's cheek bone lightly. Her fingers were freezing. "Skip next hour with me, I can make you forget about it." She offered, dropping her hand to her side.

Annabella thought for a moment. She had never skipped school before. Why would she do it now? But what if Emmeline was telling the truth, what if she could actually make Annabella forget about Cody's death? She was going to take the chance. "How?" She asked, her voice barely audible.

Emmeline's evil smirk fell onto her face again. "It's a secret." She whispered, grabbing Annabella's hand, and dragging her into the hallway. She ordered Annabella to put her things in her locker, and she did as told.

They left the school in silence, carefully weaving through the teachers and guards of the high school. Emmeline spoke up as they walked through the busy streets of San Diego, California. "Have you ever skipped before?" She asked, eyeing Annabella's nervous walk.

Annabella shook her head. "No," She mumbled.

Emmeline chuckled. "Well, Anna, you're with us now." She stated, jumping onto a dock surrounded by expensive looking boats.

Annabella followed Emmeline onto one of them. On the side, the word Alexandrian was painted in an italic scrawl. Annabella assumed that it was the last name of the owners of the boat.

"Emme!" A girl called. She was small, pixie-like. She appeared to be in middle school, but Annabella couldn't be for sure. She was dressed in a short, tight, black dress with black, lacy leggings underneath. Her feat were covered with black velvet boots that covered to just above her ankles. Her long, black hair cut off just below her breasts. Her makeup, much like Emmeline's, was darker than most teenagers.

Three guys sat in a circle, eyeing Annabella as she nervously watched Emmeline hug the small girl. They kissed each others cheeks, and pulled apart.

"Kate, this is Anna. Anna, Kate." Emmeline introduced the two girls. Kate eyed Annabella suspiciously, before pulling her into a tight hug. Annabella was startled by her unusual behavior, but hugged back.

"Anna, here," Emmeline dropped three pills into Annabella's hand. "Need anything to drink?" Emmeline asked, pulling a bottle of whiskey from a cooler that sat just outside of the boat.

Anna shook her head, before swallowing all three pills. She knew what she was doing was wrong, but what was one time going to hurt? She had been numb ever since she had found Cody in his bathroom, strung up by a noose. She wanted so desperately to feel something, anything.

"You won't feel it until later. We can speed up the process." Kate commented, shifting things through her purse on the floor that sat next to one of the guys in the circle. She had just noticed that there was an empty spot that was perfect for Kate's size.

"Katie, she's a newbie. Not too much. Ease her into it." Emmeline warned, leaning against the wall, her legs spread out in front of her. She had her head tilted back, and her eyes closed.

Kate nodded once, before grabbing Annabella's wrist. "It'll hurt a little, but you'll get used to it." Kate smiled, her lips curling back over her pearly, flawless teeth. You'd think she was fake, if her hands weren't so warm and inviting. She seemed to be practically perfect.

Kate shoved a needle into Annabella's vein, and injected something that Anna didn't recognize. The needle caused her to flinch, but the liquid numbed the pain almost instantly. She felt the drugs flow through her bloodstream instantaneously.

"Kiss your pain goodbye." Kate smirked at Annabella, and gently kissed her wrist. Kate laced their fingers together, and pulled her into the circle, the three guys shifting so they could all fit.

One guy Annabella recognized as Andrew Lawrence, a sophomore. His Hawaiian genes made his skin darker than the pale kids in the circle. His hair was hidden behind a red beanie. He was wearing a leather jacket over a band tee shirt, and black skinny jeans that were worn and faded. His shoes were hidden under his crossed legs.

"I'm Andy." He said, passing her what the three of the guys had been passing around. Anna recognized it almost instantly, her mom was always getting high. She promised herself that she would never smoke pot, but once wouldn't hurt.

"Zak." The second guy introduced himself, pressing his lips firmly against hers after she had exhaled. He shoved his tongue into her mouth, and pushed her against the floor, biting at her lower lip.

Anna giggled, and kissed back. She had never felt so exhilarated. She wrapped her arms around his neck, as Zak groped at her breasts.

"Zak!" Emmeline warned, throwing a menacing glance at him. It wasn't hard to figure out that everyone listened to Emmeline.

Zak hovered above Anna for a few seconds, grinning at her, before sitting back up. The circle took its original shape, as Anna admired Zak's face. His bleached hair fell to his shoulders. Parting on the side, creating a swooped effect for his bangs. His hazel eyes were warm yet fierce, like fire. His legs were quite long, indicating that he was tall. He was wearing an orange flannel, the first two buttons open, revealing his pale chest. The color made his eyes light up the space in the boat.

"Sean." The last guy informed. He stared at Anna intently, trying to decipher her expression. She was completely drugged now, so the fact that she was new was obvious

His chiseled chest was covered with a black tee shirt, and he was wearing leather pants. Several chains fell around his chest area, and a few silver rings took their spot on his slender fingers. His jet black hair looked soft, and fell loosely around his ears. His eyes had been the dull blue that Anna's had been for the last few days.

"Anna." She replied, biting her lip. Sean was so intimidating. He looked like he could take down any of the football players, yet he had never played any sports that Annabella could remember. Anna wondered why he hadn't, but kept the thought to herself.

Next to Annabella, Andy and Kate were holding hands. Kate was leaning heavily against Andy, who kissed the top of her head with a smile on his face.

Across the circle, Zak blew smoke in Anna's face, and she inhaled deeply. The both of them laughed, and kissed fiercely. Emmeline stared at the two of them, before joining the circle. She sat between Annabella and Sean, crossing her legs to match the rest of the members' stances.

"Hey, Zak," Emmeline grinned mischievously towards Zak, before turning to Anna. Emmeline eyed her carefully, before gently kissing her lips. The kiss intensified quickly, and the two girls' tongues battled for dominance. Emmeline tangled her fingers in Annabella's brown ringlets, before Sean pulled Emmeline off of her.

"Babe," he warned, his voice low. Emmeline smiled at Sean, and winked at Annabella, before sitting up straight. Zak glared at Emmeline.

Emmeline shrugged. "She's my girl now." She said smiling a crooked smile, earning an intense glare from both Kate and Zak. Emmeline ignored the both of them, and grabbed Kate's purse, pulling the needle and a glass cylinder out of it. Emmeline filled the needle to the top, and grabbed Annabella's wrist; the opposite one Kate had. She gently inserted the liquid, and grinned evilly.

That's how it all began.