Status: Finished! :D

The Cheap Bouquet

As If Things Couldn't Get Any Worse

She had been waiting for ten minutes, though it seemed to be hours. Anna was quickly growing impatient with Zak, especially now that Tony had left, and she had no one to comfort her. With not knowing exactly what would happen, Anna was more than a bit apprehensive. She couldn't stand it any longer. She leaned against the kitchen counter, pulled out her cell phone and began texting Zak.

When exactly are you going to be here?

As soon as she hit send, a knock came from the front of the house. Annabella quickly pushed herself up, and practically ran to the door. When she pulled it open, her heart stopped. What was she supposed to say to him? "H-hey," she muttered nervously.

Fortunately for Anna, Zak could see how nervous she was. He knew exactly how to change that, with years of experience. "How are you?" He grabbed her hand, and laced their fingers together, before walking inside, closing the door behind him. Zak knew that, despite the facade she puts on, Anna isn't one to control situations. She's rather lose the chance to voice her opinion, if it meant that the other person could be happy.

Anna nodded. "I'm fine. Great, actually," she sat on the sofa next to Zak, curious as to how he was so smiley and energetic in this situation. She certainly didn't question it, though.

Sighing, Zak shook his head. "Anna, cut the shit. Just talk. Tell me how you feel. Lay it on me, I can take it," he said, taking a breath before nodding. "I promise," he whispered, a small smile lingering on his lips.

"If I'm being completely honest, I hated you at first. Things were actually going great for me. I had an amazing boyfriend, I had a family, Zak. A family that didn't have to worry about me overdosing on heroin. Do you have any idea how unreal that felt for me? And when I realized that it was real, I thought that everything was perfect. Literally everything," she sighed, "And then you tell me you love me. Which, really, doesn't make much sense. If you would've told me earlier, I'd be yours. Not Tony's. But I'm kind of glad you didn't, because I'd still be popping pills and shooting shit up my veins. And, let me tell you, being sober is the best feeling I've ever had." Anna watched Zak look up, the pain in his eyes obvious. Seeing that hurt Anna probably more than it hurt Zak. "But, now, I've realized something. It was because of you that I didn't have to go through so much pain in high school. I was so done with everything, but then I met you and Em, and Sean. Things were good. Well, from my point of view anyways. And I have to thank you for that. I'm still dealing with a lot of emotional shit, but I skipped a lot of it because of you. Zak, I can't say that I don't love you. But I can't say that I do either."

The pain in Zak's eyes instantly vanished, and was replaced by hope. "Does that mean if Tony wasn't in the picture, y-?"

"Zak, please don't bring him into this. I don't want to, please," Anna pleaded, her eyes beginning to sting as she fought back the tears that threatened to spill.

Shaking his head, Zak smiled. "Don't cry, Anna. You're in denial, aren't you?" He asked, though he thought he already knew the answer.

Staring at Zak in disbelief, Annabella shook her head. "What? Zak, you're delusional. I love Tony, you're friend zoned, dipshit," she said, trying to make a joke of the awkward situation.

Laughing, Zak sat up straight. "Liar," he said, still smiling.

"I'm not lying!" Anna exclaimed, becoming impatient with Zak. She almost regretted deciding to do this. It would've been so much easier to just avoid the situation. "I'm telling the truth, I'm serious Zak. I don't have feelings for y-!"

A sudden surge of confidence running through him, Zak pushed his lips against Anna's, while taking her hands in his. He had wanted to do so for the longest time now, but it still didn't feel as he'd imagined it to. Something was different. When Anna pushed him away, he realized that she hadn't been willing; that was the difference.

Appalled, Anna's face turned red in anger. "Leave," she demanded, her fists clenched tightly. She hadn't been this angry with someone in a really long time, and didn't want to do anything she'd regret. She knew her tongue worked faster than her brain when she was angry, and she didn't want to hurt Zak. Even though she could have in this moment.

"I-I'm sorry," he said quickly, before standing up, and walking towards the door. He wasn't happy with himself, but then again he didn't regret what he had done either. He walked outside, thinking that he'd ruined everything.

Anna was half tempted to just call Tony, and tell him that she'd be going on the tour. She wanted to just leave, to run away from everything. But she knew she couldn't. And that frustrated her to no end.
♠ ♠ ♠
COMMENT GOD DAMMIT. xD
Thanks for reading. I'll probably update again today. :3
Stay Beautiful xxx