Status: Finished! :D

The Cheap Bouquet

I'm Still Fighting On My Own

The last few days had been pure heaven for Anna. Tony was finally home and she hadn't heard form Zak in a while. Both of them had just been enjoying each other's company.

"You haven't let go of me since you got home," Anna said, though she most certainly didn't mind the affection. She enjoyed it, actually.

Tony gave Anna a small smile, and shrugged. "What can I say? I love you," he muttered, wrapping his arms around her waist, and pulling her against his chest. He placed short, sweet kisses on her neck, and nibbled on her ear, grinning as he saw the goosebumps rise on the back of her neck.

Anna giggled, and laced her hands with Tony's, pulling him up the stairs and into the bathroom. "I got these candles while you were gone," she said, kneeling down and pulling three red candles from under the sink. Still, even as she was leant down, Tony's index finger twirled her ringlets, never letting her go. She ran the bath, and used the match that came with the candles to light them.

Once they were lit, she turned the bathroom light off and pulled her tank top over her head. Tony did the same, and just seconds later they were both in the tub, Anna's back against Tony's chest. "Can I ask you something?" Annabella broke the silence, and pulled her legs up to her chest.

Nodding, Tony moved Anna's hair out of the way in order to get better access to her neck. "Anything, you know that," he replied, lying his head on Anna's shoulder.

"You're not offended by Zak, are you? Because, I mean, I know he can get a bit obsessive over things and he would literally do anything for me. I know that much. Everyone else I've ever had a relationship with hated him. But you're okay with it. Why?"

Tony sighed before answering. "Because he knows things that you avoid. I know you're keeping something from me, but I'm not forcing you to tell me either. I guess it's a matter of happiness. If you're happy, I'm happy. With or without me - though I'd much rather prefer to be with you," he said, chuckling softly. In truth, he dreaded the thought of Anna ever leaving him. But, as he said, if it made her happy...

Anna giggled softly. "I'll be with you until you want me to leave, promise," she said, before her mood shifted, What good was it to hide Cody from Tony? It didn't do either of them any good. She sighed, and dropped her eyes to her hands. "I, uhm, I had a brother. His name was Cody. He helped me with everything, literally. From school work to friendships to music. He was literally perfect. I mean, he had made his own mistakes of coarse but just about everyone loved him. He was straight forward and was never afraid to tell someone if they were fucking up. I think he'd have really liked you. He'd probably pressure you about marriage or something. And then tell you that if you fuck up that it'd be more than just my heart on the line," Anna laughed. "He was the only person I could count on growing up.

Tony was silent for a moment. "Where is he now? You said that the rest of your family moved to New York, and you haven't talked to them in years. Is that where he is?"

Anna shook her head, a few tears escaping her eyes. "No. He's here, in San Diego. Can we," Anna stopped for a moment, inhaling deeply before continuing, "Can we go see him?" she asked, apprehensive. She had never even mentioned his name unless it was his birthday. But this was different. Tony was different.

He nodded, and held Anna tightly. "Yeah, of coarse we can."

- - - - - - - - - -


Both of them had gotten dressed, and decided that they'd go as soon as they were. Anna had insisted on driving, for obvious reasons. She hadn't ever dressed up for anything like this. Wasn't mourning about celebrating life? That's how Anna felt about it, anyways.

Tony didn't question her as they got out of the car, and just let her pull him along, passing the many headstones that there were.

Once they had reached Cody's, Anna was no longer attempting to hold back her tears. It wasn't as if she had anything to hide from Tony anymore.

At first, Tony was a bit stunned. But the second that it all registered through his mind, he pulled Anna into a tighter-than-usual embrace, making sure to be stable for her, because it didn't seem like she could stand on her own.

The two sat down, Anna pulling her legs tight against her chest, and Tony pulling her into his lap. "I was fourteen," she mumbled into his chest. "I was the one who found him. And then to even think that I could have stopped it from h-,"

Tony cut her off. "Anna don't. This wasn't your fault. How would you even had known in the first place? There's nothing you could have done. Do you understand me?" Tony grabbed her face gently, forcing her to look into his eyes. "You were fourteen. Things were different then. You were young. This is anything but your fault," he said, running his hand through her hair and kissing her temple.

Even if she didn't agree with him, Anna couldn't argue. She didn't agree, but she knew that he was right. No matter what anyone said, she'd die believing that she could have stopped it. "Fuck. Fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck," she said repeatedly, almost angrily. She breathed deeply again, before pulling away from Tony. "I need a minute" She asked, standing up.

Tony nodded. He wasn't sure what she would do, but he didn't dare tell her to compose herself. Whatever helped her get through something like this, as long as she wasn't hurting herself, was fine with Tony.

She walked a few yards away, not stopping until she was just in seeing distance. She didn't face Tony, though. She raised clutched her stomach with her hands, and let out a bloodcurdling scream. And, even though she was a ways away from Tony, he could hear her clearly. She did it again, before finally beginning to walk back to Tony.

"Feel better?" he asked, a small smile on his face. Tears were no longer falling down her cheeks, so he had assumed it had helped in some way.

Annabella nodded, and sighed. "We can go home now," she said, lacing her hand with Tony. "Sorry you had to see that."

Shaking his head, Tony walked back to the car with Anna, slowly. "Don't worry about it," he said letting go of her hand and draping his hand over her shoulders, her arms instantly going around his waist in return.
♠ ♠ ♠
Again, this is one of those chapters that I can't re-read. So sorry for any spelling mistakes.
Comment & Subscribe & Recommend.

Stay Beautiful xxx

Anna's Outfit