Status: Finished! :D

The Cheap Bouquet

Best Friends Means Forever, ***

It had been eleven days. Eleven days since Annabella had last had anything that wasn't good for her. Eleven days since she's gotten drunk or high. Eleven days since she's seen anyone but Tony.

She had decided that this was for the best. She needed to leave her other friends behind, because they were no good for her. But it was hard. Getting out of her old habits was so much harder than she had ever imagined. She felt as if this was a hangover that wouldn't ever go away.

"Here," Tony said, putting his hand on her shoulder, a bottle of liquor in his free hand. He couldn't stand seeing her in pain anymore. It was worse than seeing her destroy her life and health every time she walked out of the door.

"No, I can't. This has to end at some point, I don't want to start over." Her voice was hoarse, as she pulled the blankets tighter around her freezing body. She had a long sleeve shirt, a hoodie, pajama bottoms, and socks on, but she was still cold.

"Bella, you're hurting. I don't like it," Tony confessed, setting the bottle on the floor next to the bed, lying next to her. He wrapped his arms around her waist, and pulled her against his chest. She turned to face him, and he shivered as she laid her cold hands on his chest.

"Trust me, I hate this. But it's what you want. I'll try as hard as I can," she said, cuddling closer to him, and tangling her legs with his. His body heat was something she had relied on for the past few days.

"You don't have to. If it's hurting you then stop." Tony couldn't believe the words he was saying, but he wanted her to be okay again. Even if she wasn't okay, she was numb, at least. She couldn't feel the pain, and that's all Tony wanted.

"I want to stop, though," Anna replied, forcing a smile.

Three knocks on the front door caused Tony to sigh, and reluctantly climb out of the bed. He trudged down the stairs, and opened the door, surprised to find Katie standing there alone.

"Uh, Bella's sick," he muttered, rubbing the back of his neck. He hadn't ever talked to Katie before, but Anna had described her very vividly. As far as he knew, she was intimidating, and always a bit jealous of everyone around her.

"I don't want to talk to Anna," she said, sighing. She pursed her lips, before letting herself inside. She sat on the sofa, and dropped her head in her hands.

"Are you okay?" Tony asked, trying to decipher her problem. But he couldn't.

"No, I'm not okay. She's my best friend and hasn't talked to me in days! Where is she? I need to beat her a-!"

"Stop, she's getting better. She's sober for now."

Katie laughed. "You're kidding, right?" She asked, disbelief written all over her face. It had been years since she saw Annabella sober.

"No, I'm not. Now what did you want?" He tried to keep himself composed, but Katie made him a bit angry. Just her presence itself. It was partly her fault why Anna was in the condition she was. But, in order not to scream at her, he had to keep reminding himself that he was also part of the reason she was in this condition.

"I want someone to feel that way about me!" She answered, becoming rather impatient.

"Huh?" Tony was beyond confused at this point, and he had no idea what she was talking about.

"You!" Her voice rose in volume. "You love her! Why can't someone feel that way about me? Why don't you feel that way about me? Why doesn't she like me? Why doesn't anyone like me?" She seemed annoyed now.

Tony was still remotely confused. But, before his heart could beat one more time, Katie's lips were on his own. He pushed her away, disgusted. She smirked evilly, before her eyes flickered to the top of the stairs.

"Now, you have a reason to favor Emme over me," she retorted, quickly fixing her lipstick, twirling her black hair around her index finger.

Tony turned around, and saw Annabella standing at the top of the stairs, her chest rising and falling as she tried to calm herself. She was now in jeans, and her sea-green ringlets were pushed back by a clip.

"Bella, I swear It wa-"

"I'll be going now," Katie interrupted him, and began walking back outside, feeling accomplished.

"Bel-"

Annabella pushed passed Tony aggressively, and quickly walked after Katie, her curls bouncing against her back. She looked as if she had recovered rather quickly, but Tony knew that it was just her anger, which was slowly turning into adrenaline.

"Bella! Don't!" Tony ran after her, hoping to be able to catch her in time.

Anna grabbed the back of Katie's hair, and moved her forcefully so she could face her. "Touch him again, and I swear to you that they won't be able to find your body!" She screamed, clutching Katie's jaw tightly in her free hand.

"Is that a threat?" Katie sneered, digging her nails into Annabella's hand that was on the back of her head.

"No," Annabella laughed, "it's a promise." She let go of Katie, and pulled her fist back, hitting the side of Katie's face with as much strength she could muster. "Stop fighting like a pussy, bitch." Anna pushed Katie down, before walking back inside, ignoring the look Tony was giving her as she ran back upstairs angrily.

Tony ran after her, and reached the bedroom door just as she locked it. "Bella," he whined, twisting the door knob as if she would unlock it.

"Don't call me that," she hissed, the tears obvious in her voice. She shuffled around the room silently, gathering as many of her things as she could. She couldn't believe that she had let herself get so close to someone again. As proven with Katie, people are never who you think they are.

"Annabella, then. Please, open the door."

"Anna, you idiot! Don't call me anything but Anna!" She screamed, finally unlocking the door, and walking back downstairs. She had given up on taking her things, and just grabbed her cell phone, from the bedside table, and the bottle of liquor.

"Where are you going? Bella! Stop! Don't leave," Tony said, grabbing her wrist just as she reached the bottom of the stairs. "Where are you going to go? At least let me know you'll be safe," he whispered.

"I don't know," she answered, her voice strong now. "But I'll figure it out," she added quickly. She grabbed her keys, before rushing outside. Once in her car, she revved the engine and sped off quickly.

Tony hoped that this was just time to clear her head. He hoped that she would come back. She had to come back. All of her stuff was here. Her friends were here, everything was here. She had to come back. But he knew he was lying to himself. She didn't need anything here. It was a very Bella-ish thing to do. She was going to leave, and make a new life somewhere else. She'd forget about everything she had in San Diego.

Annabella wasn't sure what she was going to do. She just enjoyed the wind blowing through her hair as Bring Me The Horizon blasted through the speakers. She didn't have anywhere to go, no money to start over. But she sure as hell wasn't staying with Tony for one minute longer. She couldn't. This happened every time she got close to anyone.

She intently listen to the lyrics, a sudden confidence erupting in herself. She would be perfectly fine. Everything would be fine. People will always leave you, but it had to be her job to make them realize what they've lost. And, in this moment, she was determined to do just that.