Status: Hmm not sure...

Beautiful Dreams of Irish Green

Five

We entered the restaurant through the back and sat in a secluded area.
“So, Penelope. Your mom,” Harry started. He sat on my left and Niall was on my right. I sat across from Zayn and his girlfriend Perrie Edwards. They were romantically eyeing each other up.

“What about her?” I asked as I took a sip of my water.

“She’s gorgeous,” He said. He was adorable, in a boyish way to me.

“She takes care of herself,” I said.

“STOP TRYING TO GET HER MOM!” Louis yelled across the table. Harry blushed.

“Dude, it’s her mum,” Liam said at Harry.

“Can’t help what I want,” Harry put his hands up in defense.

I didn’t know if I should be feeling awkward that Harry thought of my mother like that or if I should feel flattered for her.

“Sorry,” Niall whispered in my ear.

“For?” I turned around and his face was close.

“They can be a bit overwhelming.” He told me and I just smiled at him and he smiled back.

“So, what does a girl have to do to get a drink?” I asked him. He smiled at me.

“What’s your Poison, Penny?” He asked.

“I really want a beer,” I said to him.

“Beer? American girls,” He shook his head.

“You forget, I’m Irish,” I pointed out.

“So, how’d you meet Niall here?” Harry asked me.

I began to tell him all about Ireland before I realized the whole table was listening.

“You lied to her about your name?” Louis said to Niall.

“He could have sold you as a sex slave!” Liam said.
I just laughed at this and Niall darted his eyes at them.

“Bottom line, I really just want to go back to Ireland to see my family. I was supposed to be going home with my Grandmother in a week but my mom wanted me to spend time with her here,” I shrugged as the waiter came back and handed me my beer. I took a sip. “So, where is next on your tour?”

“We have like three shows. Our final show is in London,” Zayne answered then Perrie caught my eye and smiled at me.

“That’s always fun. I start school in a week,” I told them.

“What is it you want to do?” Harry asked.

“Well, my mom wants me to major in business so I can take over her company,” I told him.

“What do YOU want?” He asked.

“I’m not quite sure yet,” I shrugged. “Excuse me, I have to go to the bathroom.”

“Oh! I’ll come too!” A little english voice said. It was Perrie Edwards.

We walked to the bathroom in silence. When we got in there I looked at myself in the mirror. Perry started to reapply her lipgloss.

“I can imagine needing a moment with them,” She laughed as we both fixed out makeup. “You’re from America?” She asked.

“New York,” I nodded.

“Must be nice! I lived in England my whole life,” She smiled at me. “So are you and Niall a thing?” She asked bluntly.

I’ve been thinking about him a lot. But we just met days ago. Plus. I had to go home soon.

“No,” I said not looking at her, but looking at myself in the mirror.

“He seems to fancy you,” She said. “You’re also really pretty. His last girlfriend was not nloody attractive at all,” She laughed.

Hearing about him and another girl seemed to bother me. I ignored the pang in my chest. I was probably just having a fangirling night after seeing him perform on stage.

“Zayn and you make a really great couple,” I told her and she smiled and grabbed my hand.

“The food is probably here and I’m starving!” She said as we walked out of the bathroom.

The rest of the night consisted of the boys flinging jokes at each other, Perrie devouring her food, and me stealing glances at Niall.

Back at the hotel the boys got on the elevator but Niall grabbed my hand.

“I’ll be up,” He told them. Then they all made ‘ooh’ sounds or kissing noises.

“What?” I asked Niall.

“I want to walk outside!” He said to me pulling me along with him.

“Are you crazy? It’s almost 1am!” I told him and he stopped and looked at me.

“That perfect! It’s a beautiful night and I have a beautiful girl with me,” He said and I felt the heat rise in my cheeks. “I do not intend on wasting it!” He told me.

So we walked. The streets were illuminated with strung lights and some people were out. The Eiffel Tower was in our view.

“So when do you leave for England?” I asked him.

“Day after tomorrow,” He said to me. “When do you go home?” He asked.

“I’m no-” my phone started to ring. I looked and it was my dad. I walked away from Niall to answer.

“Hello?” My father’s voice came across the phone. He sounded worried. “Penelope.”

“Hey, are you okay?” I asked.

“Why are you in Paris gallivanting with that boy band? Didn’t your mom and I talk about you and the pres-” I interrupted him.

“Dad, I’m at an age where I can decide things for myself,” I told him.

“You’re still a child, Penelope Driver.” His voice was very stern.

“Talk to mom about it,” I said to him. “Hows the baby?” I asked.

“Hannah, is great. You should meet her. She is your sister,” He said to me aggravated.

“Yea, sure dad.” I lied to him.
I didn’t have it in me to go see his new daughter, the one who took my place with his perfect wife in Phoenix.

“I miss you, Princess,” He said finally. I looked over at Niall who was signing an autograph for a few fans.

“I miss you too,” I said. “Dad, I have to go.” I told him and we said our goodbyes. My father has been out of my life for some time. He got married to a woman half his age and had a kid. Then he forgot about me unless he was calling to complain.

I walked back over to Niall and his fans.

“If you’ll excuse me,” He said to them putting his arm around me. “Have a good night.”

We walked away from them toward the Eiffel tower.

“Y’okay?” He asked. His irish accent still danced off of his lips.

“My dad called. We don’t really get along,” I shrugged.

“Oh,” He said. “Me mum and dad got a divorce when I was young. I lived with me dad,” He said to me.

“It must have sucked,” I told him.

“Well, I had my brother Greg, he’s older. But other than that I had music for a lot of things.”

I turned to look at him.

“Thank you,” I told him.

“For what?”

“Giving me some fresh air from the people around me,” I told him. He pushed a piece of my hair behind my ear.

“Thank you,” He said to me. “Can I, Can I kiss you, lass?” He asked. Before I could think, I pushed my face into his and we hit our foreheads together. We both started laughing. He put his hand on his head and smiled.

Then he grabbed me by the waist and leaned in and kissed me. His lips were warm on mine. I felt myself smiling. I was kissing Niall Horan near the Eiffel tower. I knew this was too good to be true, I had a feeling I’d wake up and it’d all be fake.

~*~

The next morning my mother woke me up.

“Sweetie,” she said softly.
I groaned. I didn’t want to wake up and be in my bed at home in New York..
“Penelope, I have some news for you,” She said.
“What?” I asked opening my eyes and feeling the hotel egyptian cotton sheets underneath my body.
“We are going back to New York,” She smiled. “I can see you start your senior year! Marc wants me back after but gave me the week off! So I booked us a flight for two! Isn’t it wonderful?” She asked.
I jolted up and got out of bed. I ran to the bathroom and passed a bouqet of pink roses on the table.
“Those got sent up for you,” She said. “Are you okay?” She asked.
I looked at the card that read.
‘ Penny,
Thank you.’

“That wouldn’t have anything to do with Niall Horan would it?” My mother asked.
“And what if it is?” I asked her.
“You’re a driven young lady. Those boys all want-” I cut her off.
“They all want one thing! Sex!” I mimicked her.
“I’m only looking out for you,” She said to me getting up and walking over to me.”I’m sure he is a lovely boy.”
I rolled my eyes and put on clothes. I ran to the elevator to go to Niall’s room. When I knocked a small girl who looked a bit older than me answered in nothing but a silk nighty.
“Sorry, I have the wrong room,” I said to her and she just smiled.
“Phoebe, who is that?” I heard a very familiar irish accent.
“Niall?” I asked and he stood behind Phoebe without a shirt on.
Niall’s eyes widened and Phoebe looked amused. I just walked away back to the elevator.
“Penny, wait!” He said chasing me. He was only wearing boxers.
“No, it’s fine.” I told him as I hit the elevator button a million times. That wouldn’t make it come any faster.
“No, Phoebe is just an old friend. She found out I was here and when I got in last night, she was there,” He told me.
“I’m sure,” I darted my eyes at him. The elevator dinged and I got on.
“Penny,” He said. “At least let me take you to lunch,” He said to me.
“Sorry, but I’m going home,” I said to him as the elevator doors shut. It hurt because I knew that would be the last time I’d see Niall Horan in person.
♠ ♠ ♠
More drama to come!!

Comment and sub? I'd love to check out more peoples' stuff!

- M