Status: One-shot

A Couple More Minutes

One of one

Pencil glided across paper as chocolate eyes flickered between the sketch and the pot of flowers on the weathered table. A spring warmth cascaded over the streets of Seoul below, leaving the woman on the balcony in jean shorts and a hoodie that smelled like him.

Hee Young sighed and set the large sketch pad down to look at her purple-chipped toenails. She'd painted them the night before he left and it seemed like ages ago. And there were still ages to wait. Letting out an exasperated breath, she went back to her work. Growling in annoyance, she briskly tied back the black tendrils that fell in her way and tried again.

Drawing was an escape from loneliness and anything else that made her miserable. Inside the apartment, hundreds of papers of different sizes littered every available space—the tables, the floor, the couch, the walls, the bed. An endless museum of black and white to trod through, sliding across the hardwood as a breeze blew through from the patio door.

Eyebrows set intensely as she struggled to correct the leaf that refused to look decent on the stark surface. The world suddenly went dark, tiny cracks of light between closed fingers. Hee Young jerked back, but the cover remained against her eyes. The girl was between confusion and slight worry. No one had a key to the apartment except Cheondong and he wasn't due back for several more weeks from tour.

“Can I help you?” she asked, sitting still as the warm hands pressed against her face.

“That depends...” The voice was unmistakable. “Can...”

Before he could say anymore, Hee Young let out a squeal and broke from his grasp only to leap from her chair and throw her arms around his neck.

“What are you doing here?” she demanded, voice high with joy.

Cheondong gave that smile that made Hee Young melt. “We got a break and I came back to see you.”

“I've missed you,” Hee Young said, tightening her hold on his neck, hugging him closer.

Cheondong's strong arms wrapped around her torso. “You have no idea how much I missed you.”

“Did you not see the apartment?”

“I did,” he answered, pulling back to look into her face. “And I'm sorry.”

“Don't apologize; you give me creative inspiration,” Hee Young said with a smile. “Art never comes from happy places.” She ran a hand through his raven hair. “How long are you back for?”

“Three days.” Hee Young pouted. “I know...” Cheondong sighed. “But I have something for you.” He took her hand and pulled her into the apartment.

There was a box sitting on the kitchen floor, little holes poked into the lid. Cheondong presented it to his girlfriend who took it hesitantly. “What is it?”

“Open it and see,” he said, his smile growing wider. “I thought it would probably make you feel less lonely.”

Hee Young looked at him dubiously before lifting the lid. A gasp followed by a squeal left her lips as the tiny canine head poked out. Grinning, she pulled the pudgy puppy from the box and cradled it in her arms. “Its so adorable!” Covered in ruffled brown fur, with its tiny ears and short nose, it almost resembled a teddy bear. Her hand moved down his fluffy back before smiling up at Cheondong. “Thank you,” she said and stood on her tiptoes to place a kiss on his cheek.

He grabbed her chin before she could completely pull away and pressed his lips to hers. Hee Young felt her knees give a little, forgetting how much Cheondong's kisses left her faint and light-headed. She only wished he could stay longer.

Image

Hee Young 's breathing was deep as she slept; her gift from Cheondong—named Ttori—slept beside her at peace, occasionally twitching a paw or letting out a whine. Cheondong laid down on her other side, draping an arm over her sheet-covered body. She stirred and her eyes fluttered open before closing at the sight of his face.

“You can't go yet,” she mumbled.

“I have to.” He kissed her forehead and ran his fingers through her dark hair. “I'll be back in a couple months.”

“Months,” she repeated. She laid there for a few silent moments before hooking her arm around his shoulder and pulling herself into his body. “Just a couple more minutes,” she said, inhaling his fresh cologne.

Cheondong sighed. He wanted to leave just as bad she wanted him to. But duties with the group called and he had to withdraw again, only able to revel in her presence for a short time. Only a little while to show her how much he was happy she waited, to show how much he loved her. Time proceeded far too fast, leaving them with nothing to grasp onto and with regrets.

He could spare an extra couple minutes for this one moment.

“Alright,” Cheondong smiled and squeezed her into a tighter embrace.
♠ ♠ ♠
This was written for one of the best people in the universe and I swear, one day, I will write you something far better! Maybe like with Donghae as a prostitute or something. c;

I hope you like it and the mention of his shoulders. Mwaha.

Honest feedback is always appreciated!