Status: In progress

My Immortal

Chapter 2

Honor wasn't much of a drinker, although she had plenty of opportunities to perfect the past time. She preferred to be in control. To remember everything she had done and not regret any foolish actions. Except for St. Patrick's day.

It was the one day of the year she let her hair down and allowed herself to be swept away by the good cheer, good cheek, good accents and good Guinness – a combination that could be found at McGinty's pub on any given evening but was one hundred times personified when celebrating the patron saint and Ireland itself.

So wearing her new and carefully chosen green top that seemed to match her eyes and practical yet cute jeans, Honor entered the Irish bar and made a beeline for the bar and the man behind it.

“Doc!” she called as she squeezed between two patrons who gladly gave her a grin and a appraising look.

Doc looked up from the glass he was filling at the sound of her voice, and with a quick and easy smile, discarded the drink and made his way over to her.

“H..Hon...Honor! It must be St. Patrick's day. The o...only time I ever get to see yer p...pr...pretty face” he greeted her.

Honor smiled at his greeting and leant over the bar to place a kiss on his cheek, causing the elderly bartender to blush.

“You see me often enough Doc, you just only see me drinking on Paddy's day”

“Guinness?” He offered, placing a glass on the counter and waving her money away when she tried to hand it to him.

“Yer m...money's no good here H...Hon...Honor. Enjoy yerself a.. an... and don't go m...mixing with any o...of these drunken Irish. Ye...ye... yer too good for 'em”

Honor waved his compliments away and with a smile, headed down to the other end of the bar to find an empty chair and watch the celebrations unfold around her.

The bar was loud. A pleasant, yet chaotic mix of talking and laughing over a steady soundtrack of music and glasses clinking. Smoke curled around her in waves and she felt herself absently wishing for a cigarette, although she hadn't smoked in months.

Occasionally someone stopped to say hello, exchange a few pleasantries because they vaguely recognised her from somewhere before, but mostly she was left alone. She had just turned around to ask Doc for one last drink before she headed out, when someone grabbed her hand and spun her around.

Before Honor could establish what had happened, she felt a hard body and someone's lips pressed against her own. The hand at the small of her back, pressing her firmly against the stranger matched the warmth of the other that had come to rest on the back of her neck. He smelled of Guinness, cigarette smoke and a cologne that she loved but couldn't quite place. His tongue was slowly exploring her mouth, gently trying to coax a reaction out of her and just as she felt her eyes begin to flutter closed, she realised she didn't know this guy's name. She had never seen him before.

Her revelation dragged her out of the sensual moment and with all the strength she could muster, she placed both her hands on his chest and shoved him away before slapping him as hard as she could across the face. The man was so drunk he was unable to maintain his balance and he promptly stumbled back another pace and fell to the floor.

He looked up at her, his perfect blue eyes alight with nothing but mischief as a small chuckle escaped him. “I think I love yeh! Will yeh marry me my little guardian angel?” he asked her, his hand coming up to rest against his heart as though it was a signal of his new found devotion to her.

Honor scoffed, trying to ignore how attractive the man was and how the look he was giving her caused a small shiver to shoot down her spine. “I don't even know your name asshole” she bit back, hoping she sounded as annoyed as she felt she should be.

He gave her a smirk. “Murphy MacManus, and the cackling eejit over there is me brother Connor” he told her, pointing to a nearby booth that held a man with similar eyes, but lighter hair. He was laughing so hard he had leant against the table for support.

“You strike out often with women MacManus? Your bother seems to find the whole thing rather amusing” Honor commented, looking down at the man who was still on the floor near her feet.

Murphy quickly stood, a faint blush staining his features, and grinned sheepishly at her once he was back on his feet.

“Aye, I may not be quite as smooth as me brother when it comes ta women. But I never back down on a dare” he admitted, running a hand through his dark hair.

Honor fought a smile that threatened to break through her serious demeanour, “Well MacManus, if you want to improve your game, I'll give you a piece of advice. Don't go around assaulting women. At least chat to them first” she told him, before turning around, offering a wave of farewell to Doc and making her way towards the exit.

“Will I see yeh again il mio angelo custode?” Murphy called out to her, flashing her a cheeky grin as she turned to face him.

Honor merely shrugged before slipping through the doors and into the night.
♠ ♠ ♠
so this is the second chapter, and the story will go on like this until the end. The Italic chapters are flashbacks. The normal font chapters are current. Eventually I'll move into a couple of Chapters from Murphy's POV (in the same manner: Current and flashback), but that won't happen until I get closer to the end of the story.

I hope you enjoy this chapter and feel compelled to let me know what you think. I apologise again for the dismal Irish accents... it's easier to hear in my head than write it down.