A Flyers Blue Devil

Its just not a food fight without... ICE CREAM

“You don’t even remember the other night you where way to pissed?!” EJ declared falling on the sofa next to her boys, Luke had decided that after the previous two nights hard fought games they needed some time to relax and it just so happened to be a Flyers vs. Penguins match night. So they had all piled into the lads common room and hijacked the TV from anyone else’s viewing pleasure settling themselves in with unfortunately healthy snacks.

“I most certainly remember things from our night in Toronto in fact I seem to remember a certain someone talking to a certain Flyers captain at the bar. Please tell me you got his number.” Luke practically begged, like her he was a flyers fan except spending three years with a bunch of Maple Leaf lovers had left him fearing for his life and a fake convert.

“Don’t be stupid why the hell Claude Giroux would give me his number.” Emmy scoffed praying to god they wouldn’t see through her lie if they knew she had his number they would never leave her alone.

“Oh my god, he totally gave you his number.” Luke gawped looking like a fifteen year old kid staring at Emmerson in awe. Emmerson wasn’t sure what had happened she used to be such a good liar, hell she lied to her parents all the time about going out training when really she’d been hooking up with her ex a guy seven years her senior.

“Have you text him?” one of the other guys from the team asked, looking at her expectantly. Mickey wasn’t particularly a flyers fan he was born and raised in New York state, ironically he went to the summer camp Emmerson had worked at the summer before last as a kid.

“Like he’d actually text me back I am just so random chick he met in a bar.”

“Aw come on EJ, text him Claude Giroux is like freaking awesome and you have his number. If you haven’t text him by the end of this game I will and you don’t want that.” Luke declared throwing a piece of pineapple at Emmerson managing to get it straight down the front of her shirt and into her cleavage.

“EW Luke you fucker it’s all sticky.” Emmerson screeched pulling the offending piece of pineapple out of her cleavage before smashing it into Luke’s face and rubbing it all over making sure to get plenty of it in his attempt at a beard.

“Children please! No food fights!” Mickey shouted standing up with no one quite aware of the spoonful of natural yogurt he had until the yogurt was flying through the air at Luke’s roommates shoulder after EJ managed to duck in time, “without including me!” he’d declared as he had released the offending spoonful of yogurt that was now dripping down Ashley’s back.

“I am going to kill you Ibbotson.” Ashley shouted turning and clearing the sofa in one move launching himself and a banana at Mickey, “eat my banana bitch.” He declared spreading the mush over his Mickey’s face before whipping his hands on his shirt.

“EJ started it!” Mickey screeched like a girl as he was still been attacked by Ashley.

“What no, I am just… oh look Simmonds send Malkin on his hot Russian arse.” Emmerson threw her hands up before pointing at the TV as they were showing a slow motion replay of Wayne Simmonds getting a great hit on Evgani Malkin.

“I thought you were a flyers fan?” Ashley asked, and Emmerson breathed a sigh of relief she had successfully managed to divert the attention from the fact she had actually started the food fight to the hockey match.

“I am but that doesn’t mean I can’t appreciate one fine arse when I see it.” Emmy laughed, “Besides your food fight failed without ice cream and we can’t eat ice cream in mid-season.”

“True we can’t but that doesn’t stop other guys on this floor from.” Mickey declared as he walked up behind Emmerson before letting the spoon of chocolate ice cream he’d got from the freezer drop down her cleavage.

The squeal he was awarded with had all the lads cheering until Emmerson scooped the ice cream from between her breasts and flung it at the guys. “5042!” Luke screamed suddenly as he began waving Emmerson’s phone in the air.

“What?” The lads asked but Emmerson got it instantly pushing her hand into the top of the couch she managed to swing her body over it before diving for Luke tackling him and her phone straight down to the floor. Unfortunately Emmerson was a good thirty pounds lighter than Luke and once he’d fought his way on top of her he had her pinned down.

“Oh my god, Giroux totally fancies you; he’s calling you beautiful and everything! Why the hells haven’t you text him back… no I don’t want to know you are texting him back right now or I will.” Luke declared.

“Fine.” Emmerson huffed snatching her phone from his hands. She had no idea what to put but as she deleted her third attempt Giroux scored and Emmerson knew exactly what to put that in no way would sound forced or completely uncool.

'Nice goal Captain :)' EJ typed pressing send he properly didn't even remember whoa she was but the guys where threatening her and if she didn't text him something she knew they would and she really wouldn't approve of anything they were likely to send. The second she had pressed send though her phone was snatched from her hands again.

“Nice goal Captain Smiley face, are you shitting me is that the best you could do?” Luke asked.

“I text him back you never said what I should text, now can we finish watching the game it isn’t like he can text back.”

'Thanks :) are you in Philly?' The reply came an hour later when she was back in her room after they’d watched the condensed reply of the game since not much of the game was actually watched during the match. See now if it had been a maple leafs game Emmerson knew that it would have been sacred time and no one would have been allowed to speak during it.

'Unfortunately not :( stuck in classes' She text back unable to stop the small smile that spread across her lips, he’d text her back and remembered she didn’t live in Philly.

'That sucks you should come to Philly to see a game'

'Just a game ;)'

'Why Miss Jones are you flirting with me?' am I she wondered, hell she wouldn’t mind getting her a piece of ginger frenchie but now wasn’t the best time she had school, a league as well as international games coming big games that could define her career as a player she needed to be focused. But surely she could remain focused and still have some fun.

'Me? Flirt never I merely stand and watch as men fall at my feet :p'

‘I bet they do ;)’ his reply made her giggle, if only she thought guys tended to avoid her like the plague once they found out what she did in her spare time apparently it was just too manly.

‘I have to go I have early practice in the morning and a game tomorrow night x’ she didn’t know why she put a kiss on the end of the text maybe it was the flirty nature of their previous texts that just put her in that kind of mood.

‘Then a shall wish you bon nuit and good luck x’ her heart leapt as she saw he’d replied with a kiss to and she began to get butterflies in her stomach. Willing herself to pull it together she text him back whilst kicking herself for been such a pathetic fan girl and getting over excited that ClauDe Giroux ended a text to her with a kiss.

‘Night Captain x’ she replied before placing her phone on charge and rolling over in an attempt to get to sleep before Clare could turn up and start bitching at her for something she’d have done wrong.
♠ ♠ ♠
So wow it took awhile for me to get this one out there... sorry about that but it should be back now epsically since I once again have found away to watch the Flyers games live despite living on the other side of the world where the level of hockey is just sad really so with my muse returned I hope to keep writing more.