Have Faith In Me

Chapter One

I laid my head down on the pillow and thought about the events of today, the day that I met him- Kellin. His body was tattered up and his jeans barely hung on him. He stood timidly in the chamber, looking at the black stone wall. I was pretty sure he knew what had to be done. I'm not saying that I actually wanted to do this but, I guess he deserved it, after all he was brought to me. He heard me enter the room and his body swung around to look at the stranger in his cell. His eyes caught mine, every ounce of hope was gone from them and his sad blue eyes looked down to the ground. Most people that came were like this, so this was nothing new to me. I didn't have much sympathy for them either, considering they did horrible things. These people were called the "in betweeners," the crimes they committed weren't horrible enough to go on to the death list, but they weren't let off easy enough to just be in here for life. The ropes dragged behind me as I made my way over to him.

"I know what to do," He croaked, his voice hoarse. I didn't say anything as he made his way over to the lone chair in the middle of the cell. I was assuming that they did this back in the prison he was in before.

My father told me stories about how there was never torture in prisons or abnormal penalties. Those stories coming from a couple hundred years ago, I couldn't imagine what my job would be if I lived in that time.

"Are you just going to stand there?" He gritted through his teeth, I wouldn't even know why he would be mad. He had already proceeded to pull his hands around the back of the chair, ready for me to tie his hands behind his back. I walked over to the back of the chair and tied his wrists together tightly. The impression of the ropes would be imprinted onto his wrists after, I had seen this everyday. He closed his eyes as I apathetically pulled another rope out, raising my hand. I was given permission for a max of 20 whips to the bare abdomen per day, but I decided to go easy today; I wanted to get home. His chest was clean and soon the brown rope hit his chest making him cry out in pain. Blood ran out from the few slits I had already made on his chest. I repeated this for about 12 more times until I went around to untie his hands. I wasn't worried about him hurting me, because I could easily fight him off considering his arms had no muscle on them. I untied his hands and he turned around to face me. I backed away at the sight of his bloody chest, I wasn't used to being this close to these people.

"Do you just do this everyday? Do you even care about our stories or are you just like those mind washed mutants- you don't ask questions and you just do as they say?" This one had an attitude. It took me a while to process what he just said but I didn't really get it so I shrugged it off. He didn't know what he was talking about, none of the people in here did, so I just went on my way.

But now that I actually had time to process what he said I dug deeper into it. The vacant spot next to me in my bed made me shiver. I hated being alone, but I learned to live with it ever since she left. I shoved my arms under the pillow. I wasn't fucking mind washed, but even though I didn't have sympathy for any of these people doesn't mean I don't care about these people. Well, never mind, it did, I don't have much sympathy for them. I thought about how he wasn't as scared as the other new comers to this prison. I pulled the covers up to my chin now, trying to get warm in this lonely bed. I dug my head into the pillow and eventually drifted off to sleep.

----

I wake up to the same alarm I've been waking up to ever since I could remember. I smacked the snooze button but I got out of bed anyway. I went straight for the bathroom, doing the normal routine for the morning.

I finished brushing my teeth and made my way out to the car. The prison was a 20 minute drive from my house and all those 20 minutes I spent listening to music, like always. I pulled up to the guarded gate and greeted the same guard as he let me into the back of the prison, where I worked. My car surrounded the white truck and red car next to me and I put the car into park.

I walked up to the front desk and got the paperwork for the day, for who I was supposed to visit and whatnot. Usually it was the same people everyday, but I noticed that they added on a few more minutes for the strange newcomer. He was probably unruly last night or something; that's why he got time added on. I sort of felt bad for the guy.

I gathered my tools for the day and walked over to the first cell of the day. Like most my suspects, his guy didn't look clean at all and he didn't bother to look at me but made his way over to the chair from his bed. This guy had the privilege of having a bed in his room, it wasn't kept up though. I pulled one rope closer to me and one around the guy's hands. I walked around to the front of the chair and started his daily punishment. His chest was full of scars, he was one of the ones that has lived longer than any other ones. I knew he wished he would die already. I could see the scars on his wrists and thighs from him self-harming, he wanted to end it. Sharp objects weren't allowed in the cells but I never said a word about anything, they deserved a little freedom.

I went throughout the whole day. I didn't look forward to going home to the same deserted house. I wanted to go out and do something. Even out with my friends I couldn't get any joy or energy from going out with them for some drinks. My energy was always drained, and I had nothing to look forward to.

The last of the day was Kellin, the newcomer. He laid on the floor, it obviously wasn't comfortable but he dealt with it. He acknowledged me standing at the door and he didn't bother to get up. I made my way over to the chair waiting for him to get in it. He didn't get up.

"Get the fuck up," I wasn't in the mood for his bullshit.

"Fuck you," He spat. I just decided to skip him for the day and make my way home again; I walked out of the small chamber. Before I could leave the cell he spoke up again, "Do you want to hear my story?" I wondered why he was being nice, but I disregarded it. This was probably illegal, but it was late in the day and no one would know. I walked across the cell over to his almost lifeless body with dried blood on his chest and listened to what he had to say.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know this is really different but go along with it ok, or at least try. Bear with me!
and tell me what you guys think about it, I worked really hard on this.
Comment, recommend, or subscribe?
Enjoy lovelies!