Have Faith In Me

Chapter Eight

I guess Oli must have been really scared because the ambulances had gotten here faster than I had expected. My wound didn’t need much attention, but Oli had described it as important. The medic explained to me what they would be doing and as they numbed up the wound I began to regret even making this plan. The night before, Kellin and I had decided that if he did something out of line, for example stab me, then they’d add more time onto his schedule, but now there was no point since Oli would be getting him. That night we also established that Kellin and I needed to see each other more and Kellin hurting me would be just the plan to get more time in. Well, that fucking backfired.

The medics pulled me out into the daylight in the middle of the parking lot and they started to sew my cut together. I could feel the skin tugging around my wound but they used a numbing agent so I couldn’t feel most of the pain.

In my head I tried to think of some way or how I could get more time in with Kellin so it wouldn’t look suspicious. I exhaled deeply and they told me not to do any heavy lifting or anything rough with my leg. I agreed and continued on with my job. I found that they were putting Kellin into the first cell because apparently the old guy had just died. I felt bad for him, but hey, his tragedy made my own convenience. I hated myself for being so selfish, but I didn’t care as long as I got to see Kellin.

That just sounds even worse. I knew I was getting into something out of my grasp when I realized how much I just wanted to be around Kellin; considering I was now participating in something I shouldn’t be.

I wasn’t even too sure if I could figure out if Kellin was a compulsive liar or not, but I was putting my trust in him. If he was just playing games with me he could always tell my bosses how I was having relations with him. I pushed that to the side as I stepped into Kellin’s new cell. He smiled as soon as he saw me. “I saw the new guy and I’m like what the fuck?” He chuckled, talking about Oli.

“I know, he told me that he would be getting you from now on. And at first I was like shit, this plan is going to be a fucking waste, but I decided to just do it anyways. Now since that guy is gone you’re here and I’m still getting you,” I smiled. “But we have to be more cautious considering you’re the closest one to the front doors now,” He nodded his head and sat on his bed. The bed looked cleaner than it used to and I guessed that they were required to clean it for the new resident- who happened to be Kellin. I decided to just sit on the ground next to it, and without realizing I admired Kellin. Why did I have to meet him here and why did he have to be one of these people?

He soon snapped me out of it though. “Vic, you’re staring,” He said, a smile plastered across his face. I could tell that he was so much happier, being in this cell; considering it was one of the nicest cells here. Kellin was actually a pretty good friend, considering he was such an ass when I had first met him. My mind wondered to how much more time we would get, given our plan worked out how we wanted it to; but so far it was working.

I realized that the day was soon turning into night and I needed to get back home, I needed rest.

-------

I got my schedule for the morning and just as Kellin and I planned; there it was an extra 30 minutes onto Kellin’s time. A smile tugged at the sides of my lips as I tried to hide my happiness in front of the front desk lady. I prayed that Oli wouldn’t be so clingy today so that I would be able to get time with Kellin in. The locker room was as normal as it could get- with Oli studying my every move. I pretended not to see him and carried on to my way to Kellin’s cell. I opened the bars and Kellin sat up from his bed, looking confused until his eyes landed onto mine.

“Hey,” He smiled, “how have you been?” and he stood up from the bed and made his way over to the chair. I didn’t want to do it anymore, I didn’t want to see him suffer anymore, but since we were close to the front I absolutely had to or else people would notice.

----

After, I checked the watch on my wrist and sure enough we still had 40 minutes all to ourselves. I peeked out into the hallway to check where Oli was at. There was no sight of him so I slid back into Kellin’s cell and Kellin sat down on the bed.

“So, our plan worked,” I took a few long steps into Kellin’s cell.

“Thank fucking god,” Kellin looked down at his hands and started to bite at his nails. “You make me nervous, Vic- Like I don’t know what to expect from you sometimes,” He admitted.

“That’s how I feel with you too,” I pointed out.

“You don’t get it though,” He looked down to the sheets of his bed now, and held them in his hands. I guess I could of told what would be coming next, but I let him finish, “Vic, I know this is bad and illegal and every amount of wrong, but… I like you,” He narrowed his eyes and looked up at me. waiting for a reaction. I sighed and sat down onto the bed next to him. I didn’t want to admit it, ever since I’ve been feeling the same way I pushed it to the side, trying to ignore it, but it was there.

I stared at Kellin until his eyes met mine. He was about to cry, he thought I didn’t feel the same way- but of course I did. I pulled his face closer to mine until our noses were side by side. My lips pressed against his, unexpectedly, and I could feel him pressing back, he placed his hands behind my neck and pulled me closer to him and he tried deepening the kiss. Butterflies tickled the inside of my stomach and he smiled in the kiss. I pulled back and our lips released.

“Not now,” I warned and pointed to the closed bars. As much as I already missed the feeling of his lips on mine it was too risky, anyone who walked by could see. My hands started to shake from being so nervous and I could tell Kellin's were too and he shuffled to the other side of the bed with a silly grin on his face, but of course I had the same expression, I couldn't help myself from smiling.
♠ ♠ ♠
Two updates in one day, yes? It might be a tad rushed and shorter than the other ones
I'M SO GLAD TO HEAR THAT YOU GUYS ARE ENJOYING THIS OMG
THANKS FOR THE COMMENTS AND EVERYTHING AND SORRY FOR THE CONFUSION ON THE LAST CHAPTER
I think I say this every time I update but I love you guys
enjoy
:)