Status: on indefinite hiatus, I'm so sorry.

Paging Dr. Iero.

Check Up (Part 2/2)

Gerard thought at that very moment that he was going to get a friction burn from how tight his jeans were, he honestly couldn't think of anything else as Frank ran through his medical history notes.

He couldn't help but stare at the lip ring that seemed to be just perfect for Frank’s face.

Wow, he seriously needed to stop think like that. He ran a hand through his hair slowly as his appointment came to an end, feeling slightly… depressed.

He couldn't believe it; he actually didn't want to leave.

What the fuck was wrong with him? He knew next to nothing about his doctor, yet he wanted to find out as much about him as possible.

“So, I’ll see you in six months for your next appointment?” Frank looked up at Gerard, who was just starting to stand slowly, trying to drag this out as long as possible; although he had a feeling it was no use.

“Yeah, I guess.” Frank smiled sadly, noticing his patient’s sense of apprehension again. “Unless…”

“Unless?” The doctor tilted his head slightly, knowing that he shouldn't be having this conversation with a patient, his first patient; he shouldn't be feeling like he was getting attached to someone who was out of his league.

Gerard was about to say that maybe they could meet up outside of work hours but the words wouldn't come out.

He stood, feeling awkward and shook his head, completely conflicted. He didn’t really have anything to lose, did he?

Maybe he should just do it.

He was only going to be seventeen for one more week, so it wouldn’t matter, would it?

“Well, ya see, I’m gonna be eighteen in exactly a week’s time, and you’re new to the area, right? And, I’ve gathered, that you can’t be that much older than me…?” Gerard bit down on his tongue as he watched Dr. Iero mull it over in his mind, the corners of his mouth flickering slightly.

“Yeah, I’m 22 years old, and I am new to the area, why?” Frank held his breath, smiling again as he watched Gerard try to get the words out in a way that would be understood clearly enough.

“I could show you around, or we could, like, hang out?” Gerard waited with bated breath, not believing he had basically just asked out his doctor. ‘But he’s hot though,’ he thought to himself.

“Sure, I’m playing a concert at the Out House club just on the outskirts of town; if you want I could get you tickets?” Dr. Iero smiled wider and wrote down his number on a scrap bit of paper, his sleeve riding up slightly and Gerard caught sight of a tattoo on his forearm, and as his eyes travelled up to his neck and saw another colourful tattoo gracing the skin.

“Nice tattoos.” Gerard whistled appreciatively.

“Thanks, I could show you them sometime… Uhm, sorry, that was inappropriate. Here’s my number. Which sounds just as inappropriate, oh god, I’m sorry. I’m, uhm, text me or whatever, next week, and I’ll give you info for the gig.” Frank blushed, quickly writing out a formal looking note about Gerard’s medical exam, even though not much had happened, and he handed it to Gerard as well, their fingers brushing slightly and both male’s cheeks exploding in colour as a result.

“I’ll, uhm, see ya.” Gerard hastily made his escape, scrunched Frank’s number into his pocket before anyone could’ve seen it, like he’d never even seen it, and he made his way to the waiting and reception area, handing his doctor’s note to the receptionist, Ms. Kinke.

“Good afternoon, Mr Way, and we’ll be seeing you in six months.” Ms. Kinke smiled and ushered him away with a non-committal wave of her hand and Gerard took his leave, quickly getting back into the car, not saying a word to his mother, who thought it was best not to ask.

“Ugh, finally, you were in there for fuckin’ ages.” Mikey groaned and Gerard rolled his eyes, trying to hide a smile as all the possibilities of what could happen with Frank ran through his mind. And for once in his life, he was actually excited for his birthday next week.

As soon as they arrived home, both boys went upstairs to their separate rooms, while Mrs Way sat down on the sofa and watched TV, for once in peace as the Way brothers didn’t even argue, not once, and she wondered silently what the hell had happened to cause them to be so quiet. She shrugged and smiled slightly, deciding it was a good thing.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, thoughts? c: I think that this is gonna be good, I'm enjoying writing it and it's coming to me in a flow, so... c: comments are appreciated xo <3