Status: Active

Mission Transformation

You lost the bet, you're the coach

Saturday morning. The sun shines through my pink curtains and I hear my mother yelling from the kitchen.

"Serene hunny wake up!" she yells.

I opened one eye and grunted when I turned to my clock. It was only 8:00am and she wanted me to be up and about already. I couldn't even focus on what side I left my slippers on.

I crawled out of my bed like a snail and walked over to the bathroom to put my glasses on. My hair looked like a bees nest and my teeth were screaming "take these retainers off!"

"May I come in Serene?" said our maid knocking on my door.

"Good morning Lucille" I said.

"Good morning Serene, please excuse me. I came to make your bed and collect any dirty laundry" she smiled.

I stepped out of my room and went downstairs. I see my mother gathering her purse and car keys, and my dad listening to music on the television. They all looked dressed for success and ready for their flight. Two business people. One owned a five star restaurant while the other managed a five star hotel.

"Hunny go get your brother." she said without looking at me.

I skipped a few steps on the stairs just to get there faster.

"Hey Dere-" I said opening the door when I witnessed what I didn't want to ever see.

My brother quickly got up from his bed and ran to me.

"Damn it Serene, you can't knock?" he said annoyed.

"Well sorry, I didn't know you brought a chick home last night. Did you screw her already?" I asked sarcastically.

He looked at me with an eyebrow raised and went back into the room. I ignored it and walked downstairs.

"He's with some girl." I said waving my hand up and down.

"Alright then hun. There's breakfast at the table. Your father and I have to go out of town for tonight we will be back on Tuesday. Maria will be coming back and forth during these days incase of an emergency" she said shutting the television off for my father.

I only nodded. She gave me a kiss and my dad ruffled my hair up a bit. Before I knew it, they were out the door.

My parents are never home. Business trips are what they live for. They've never cared for what we do, or who we bring home. I know deep down they love Dereck and I, but they're never here enough to share a family moment.

I took a glance at the table to see sunny side up eggs and pancakes but I wasn't feeling the hunger yet. I went back to my room to see Lucille walking out.

"Serene dear, I'll walk to my apartment and be back shortly." she said softly. I smiled at her and heard the front door close a few minutes later.

I checked out a few books this past week at the college library and realized I had grabbed a romantic drama. I immediately lanced the book aside. I'm not into romance novels. I was thinking to myself how I've never been in a real relationship. I'm not girly enough and never cared to dress adequately.

As I'm walking back and forth in my room trying to figure out what are my plans for today, I hear the doorbell. I assumed nobody heard it since it rang a couple of times therefore I decided to answer it myself.

"Who is it?" I said behind the door.

"Jared" a deep voice replied.

I opened the door and there he was. Jared. He was one of brother's best friends and he's been hanging around my family for as long as I can remember. I took a quick glance at his grey eyes and brown hair. He was one attractive species but I never let my mind reach farther than that.

"Hey Wills" he said taking a step in the house.

"What's the occasion?" I asked comfortably.

"Oh this? your brother and I made plans for a beach hangout" he explained.

"Oh I see.." realizing that I never get invited to these college parties. I was a freshman in college while my brother Dereck and Jared were seniors.

I guess Dereck heard me because he was already descending from the stairs in his beach shorts and telling me to go to my room.

"Bye squirt. I got it from here." Dereck said.

If there was one thing I found annoying is when Dereck would call me names. We're always arguing because he doesn't like losing. He always has to be better and above.

I was walking back towards my room when I notice the girl Dereck was with, wrapped in his silk white sheets.

"Oh god" I said rolling my eyes.

I've seen her around my campus a few times and each of those times with a different man. I shook my head in disbelief and sighed.

***************************

"Aye man you lost the bet! You gotta do it." I heard my brother say while closing the front door behind him.

I had spent my entire day watching horror movies and eating cookies. I had accepted the fact that I'd probably gain 10 pounds from this. I was wondering what bet they were talking about. I walked into the kitchen with full attention. I'm a very curious person. They all noticed me and proceeded.

"So Jared..tell her what the bet is unless you want me to tell her." he said with a smirk.

Jared rolled his eyes in annoyance and Dereck chuckled.

"What's so funny? and what bet?" I asked curiously.

"Well dad and mom want you to become a girly girl, so Jared is going to be your coach." he said barely able to finish the sentence from all his laughter.

"What?" I asked in shock.

"It's true. Wow this is like a movie! Hilarious. I really wonder if there's such thing. How would Jared even be able to help you when all you do is wear basketball shorts and oversized t-shirts." he was still cackling.

"Jesus Christ Dereck calm down. It's not a big deal..." Jared chuckled.

I was looking at my brother in disgust.

"Is this some joke? Why do I need a coach? Who set this up?" my voice gradually getting louder.

"Mom said she'd pay Jared weekly if he gave you lessons on how to be a girl because he has experience with the ladies and maybe an attractive person can push you to get the job done. He'd give you tips from how to dress to how to walk in heels. Since he was unsure about accepting it, we made a bet." he started calming down. "If he lost a game of volleyball against my team, then he'd have to go for it."

"What the hell? This is some joke and it's not even funny!" I started heading out of the kitchen.

"It's not a joke Serene! Mother wants you to be a real girl as soon as possible and she won't be happy when she comes back and sees that you're not training!" he said mockingly.

I stomped back to my room in anger. Was I not already a girl? I may not dress like one or act like one but it's not like I was born male. I felt disrespected.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hello readers! :) after 3 years, I decided to read this. I felt that it had potential but I needed to do some major changes to the story.