Status: Active

Mission Transformation

Avoidence & a sad truth

Gladly nobody just saw what happened since we were in the living room. I quickly got up in embarrassment and pulled myself together. Jared's lips brushed against mine. It was an accident but our lips made contact.

"Well, we can always try a second time." he said breaking the awkwardness while standing up.

"Huh?" I replied caught off guard.

"Are you okay?" he asked.

"Uh..yeah" I replied.

We didn't say a word about our lips brushing together. It only happened in seconds and didn't last anything but I had never had my first kiss and I just couldn't even look at him. My face was red through out the whole practice.

"Okay now time for dancing in those heels." Jared said.

He was acting like nothing had happened. Like if falling on him and our lips brushing together happened everyday. I decided I wouldn't mention anything either and act the same way. We danced but since I was a horrible dancer I kept stepping on him.

"Ow! You know this is 7th time you step on me, I'm gonna have to get toe surgery." he said.

"S-sorry" I replied softly without looking at him.

After stepping on him a few more times, we finally decided that this lesson was over and we'd work on it another day. We went to the kitchen to drink water and my brother Dereck sensed the awkwardness.

"So much silence..." Dereck said.

"Silence? Nah.." Jared said.

Was I the only one who wanted to just leave and go to my room? I admit I feel butterflies when I think about it over and over again but I'm not pretty and I'm way out of Jared's league so it would never happen in a million years.

"Alright Wills, I'll see you in school tomorrow." Jared said while leaving out the door.

I nodded but I didn't look at him. Tomorrow was Tuesday since today was a teachers planning day. I didn't feel like going to school because I knew I'd see him in the halls. His locker is just across mine.

"What's up with the atmosphere?" Dereck asked.

"God Dereck! It's nothing!" I yelled annoyed.

"Damn someone's PMS-ing." he said plopping down on the couch.

I rolled my eyes and walked to my room. My feet were hurting from walking for 2 hours. It might not seem much but for a first timer with 6 inch heels, that was a lot. As I sit on my bed, I start thinking of the situation but I shook my head to forget about it all.

"Whatever, it never happened." I tried to convince myself.

*****

The next morning I walk into school and walk straight to my locker. I didn't want to wander around so I got everything I needed early enough so I wouldn't bump into Jared by the lockers. I got to first period which was French class.

"Bonjour class, comme ca va?" Mr. Villa asked.

"Ca va tres bien!" the whole class responded in a monotone voice.

All this "Hello how's everyone, it's going good" thing has been the same for 3 weeks now in class, it was time to get a move on.

I picked up my hair in a high ponytail and walked out to get my books for next block before Jared got to his locker.

"Serene." I heard someone say in a serious tone.

I turned around cautiously and saw Jared standing behind me, his grey eyes staring me down.

"Yes.." I asked.

He pulled me by my arm till we got to a more clearer hallway where there was not so many people. I didn't say a word but I stared away from his eyes.

"Are you avoiding me because of yesterday?" he asked.

I didn't respond which I think made him a little angry because he grabbed my chin and forced me to look at him.

"I understand that it was an accident but don't ever avoid me! That's one of the things I hate the most. It pisses me off when girls avoid me. If you want to talk to me about its fine, but stop trying to avoid me, it's childish." he told me with gritted teeth.

He stared at me longer but I couldn't give him an answer so I just nodded and he walked away. Why was Jared so angry at me? Why did he hate it so much when a girl avoided him?

I shook off the conversation we just had and headed for my next class. The last bell of the day wrung and I walked out to the field to start my walk home when a car stopped me. It was Jared.

"Get in, I'll give you a ride." he said without looking at me.

I thought of how my feet were killing me from the heels so I accepted the ride. I jumped in his car and I noticed he was driving slower than usual.

"Serene" he began.

"Huh?" I said.

"I'm sorry I got mad at you, it's just I've had some issues in my life" he said.

"What kind of issues?" I asked but I regretted it a moment later because his eyes suddenly looked like I brought pain to them.

He took a while to speak but finally decided to say something.

"My father...he would leave the house when he fought with my mom and she would avoid me because she said I was bad luck to the family. Ever since then I hated it when a girl would avoid me because I felt that they thought the same thing my mom would tell me." he said talking softly.

I looked at him in shock. Poor Jared. The way he got treated by his mother was just horrible.

"How old were you?" I asked.

"About 6 but it's alright now, she left me with my grandparents and I've never seen her again." he said looking out the road.

I suddenly felt like drawing Jared into my arms. He had been isolated for many years and I couldn't believe his own mother turned him away.

"I'm sorry" I said not knowing what to say.

"Don't be." he interrupted.

I looked at him for a few seconds before I looked away and he began to speak again.

"About the incident...You don't have to worry about it. I'm your coach and nothing more. I wouldn't do that to you on purpose. I may tease you but liking you is another story we shouldn't touch up on." he said.

Those words triggered my stomach and I felt like someone was twisting my guts. His words actually hurt. I don't want to think that I've fallen for him but the fact that he said "I'm your coach and nothing more" sort of made me feel a little queasy. It was a feeling I've never felt before. I didn't know what it was but I sure didn't like it.

We were in silence till we got to my house and I stepped off the car.

"See you tomorrow" he said while pulling the car in rear to back up and leave.

"You're not going to come in?" I asked before he could leave completely.

"No I'm just gonna head home and sleep, I'm tired but I'll come tomorrow." he said.

I smiled and nodded as an okay and before I knew it he was gone with the wind. I walked into my house with a feeling that I just wanted to bury my face in a box of chocolates and cry forever alone.
♠ ♠ ♠
Subscribe and keep up guys :)