Status: Active

Mission Transformation

Girlfriend?

The next day at school I went with a pair of black skinny jeans, boots, and a v-neck tight shirt that showed my curves. I straightened my hair and had borrowed my mom's eyeliner. Eyes looked at me and I felt nervous but I didn't care. I wanted Jared to notice me and see that I was trying. I gathered my courage and smiled at a few people who smiled at me. Many girls complimented me and I said thank you but the one person I was hoping to see was nowhere to be seen.

As I'm getting out of school, I figured I would just go home and tell myself I shouldn't fool myself. Jared told me he was just my coach and nothing more. Why was I all of a sudden going crazy for him and even trying to change myself for him? I didn't even see him at all today. I decided I would walk around a bit and take my mind off of things. I didn't want to be home. I would call my mom but she would say she was busy, Dereck didn't care, he only cared about who was in his bed, and well I had no one. I walked till I found a little deserted park. It was creepy but it had a beautiful view on the other hand. I sat on one of the benches until it started to get darker.

I was heading back when I heard a crackling noise. At first I was a bit creeped out but I ignored it. I heard it again and my heart started racing. I looked around to see if anything was there but it was already dark and I couldn't see anything. I started picking up the pace when suddenly I felt someone grab me from behind. I started screaming and kicking when I noticed Jared was telling me to calm down.

"What the hell? Are you stupid? You almost gave me a heart attack!" I yelled angrily.

"I didn't think you'd get that scared after all you aren't girly, and girls scream" he said with a small smile.

I looked at him and I was glad to see him but I just hated how he kept saying I wasn't a girl, so I started walking away.

"Okay stop it, I didn't mean it that way." he said grabbing my arm.

"Yes you did Jared. I'm not a girl to you and never will be. Let me go will you?" I said not looking at him.

"Stop being mad at me, I really want to keep coaching you." he continued.

"If it's about the money, I'll tell my mom to pay you everything in total." I said.

"It's not Serene, I care about you. You're beautiful and smart. Why would you not wanna show that off? I mean right now you look amazing." he said pointed at me.

"Because it's not me Jared! I did this for you! I wanted to show you that I can be a girl!" I said.

I felt the hot tears coming back up again but I sucked it up. I didn't want to look like a broken faucet just crying and crying all the time. He noticed I wanted to cry though because he put his hand on my face.

"I'm sorry for making you cry Serene, and I'm sorry that I keep saying you aren't a girl. I care about you and I'm your coach. I'm truly sorry I hurt you but I can't return your feelings." he said running his thumb on my fallen tear.

I looked down and I wanted to leave. He didn't accept my feelings. I liked Jared but the feeling wasn't mutual. It bothered me so much! I wanted to ask why but that question was like asking why the sky was blue? I cleared my throat as well as my tears and pulled his hand away.

"Then stop being so nice to me Jared." I said taking a glance at him.

He looked at me as if he didn't know what to say. I know he felt bad because his face expression said it all. His grey eyes changed into a darker color too. I started walking away and he stopped me once more.

"Can we at least go back to normal?" he asked.

How can I be normal with him? A person who has unrequited feelings for the other can't be friends. It just doesn't work.

"I can't Jared, it hurts. Seeing you and not being able to have you like me back, hurts me." I said softly.

He let go of my hand and I started heading home.

*****

I finally reached home and all the lights were off. I unlocked the door and noticed my brother wasn't around. I called his name but nothing. I went to the kitchen to get a glass of water when I noticed a note:

"Hey sis, I'll be at Tiffany's. Call you tomorrow. - Der."

Great. Dereck was not home until tomorrow. He was at one of his chick's house. What the hell was I supposed to do alone in this huge house? I have to admit I was scared. I suddenly felt the urge to call Jared and tell him to stay with me but I just saw him and seeing him again would make me feel worse. I read one of my twilight books and I swear this was probably the 5th time. I was so bored with it already. I clicked on the television and there was nothing either. Everything in my life all of a sudden became depressing. What the hell? I went downstairs and looked around the house. Nothing. Absolutely nothing to do. I laid on the sofa with my hand on my forehead and before I knew it I had fallen asleep.

*****

I woke up to the front door of my house opening and I saw my brother Dereck.

"Did you sleep in the couch?" he asked.

"No, I just came and laid here like right now." I said sarcastically.

"Smartass" he said.

I got up and I think I slept in a bad position because my neck was in a major pain. I went up the stairs and decided to take a hot shower, maybe the steaming water would ease the pain up a bit.

I got out of the tub a while later and just sat on my bed with my towel wrapped around me. I decided I would go out and go to the book store since there wasn't any school today. I wore shorts with my long sleeve "I love NYC" shirt. I pulled up my hair in a neat high ponytail and applied some eyeliner and left through the door. My brother was too busy eating in the kitchen and didn't even ask me where I was going but I didn't even bother to mention it to him so I just walked out.

I finally got to the bookstore that was by my house. It was small little shop and I loved it because it barely got any visitors which means I had all the books to myself. I started searching for a book to read and I found one about "how to make your crush fall in love with you". I laughed a little at how people actually write these types of books. I opened to the first page and actually got into it. I hadn't noticed that I was sitting on the floor of the bookstore for hours almost done with the book when the clerk at the shop came over to me.

"Mam do you want to buy it?" he said politely.

"Oh um no it's fine. Are you closing?" I asked.

"I'm afraid we are but you can come back tomorrow." he said smiling.

"Sure thing! I'll come again! Thanks a lot." I said putting the book back and heading for the door.

I got some good facts out of the book but none of them applied to me. I walked home once more when I got there I overheard Dereck on the phone.

"Congrats Jared, you got yourself wifed up!" Dereck said laughing.

Jared? Wifed up? He has a girlfriend? But..I was mortified by what I just heard and I wanted to back up and come in the house a few seconds afterwards so I wouldn't have heard what Dereck just said over the phone.
♠ ♠ ♠
Uh oh! Jared has a girlfriend?