Status: Active

Mission Transformation

Anabelle the new fiance

I ran upstairs trying to convince myself that I did not just hear Dereck congratulating Jared for having a girlfriend. Since when did Jared have a girlfriend? My mind felt fuzzy. My emotions were going nuts. I was angry, sad, gloomy, and I felt played. Did Jared have a girlfriend this whole time and not tell me anything? I was pissed at how stupid I've been. I plopped down in bed and decided to just listen to music and fade away from the world.

*****

The next day I saw Jared at my house and I stopped dead in my tracks when I saw a pretty blonde next to him.

"Hey sis, come and meet Jared's fiance." Dereck said waving at me to come downstairs.

Fiance? Jared was just a senior in high school! He didn't need a fiance. I felt like I was about to puke, and my vision became a little blurry. I walked down the stairs slowly and as I grew closer to them I couldn't take my eyes off of Jared and he knew why. I glared at him and suddenly felt like slapping him across the face. I wiped my feelings aside and shook the girls hand.

"Hi, I'm Serene Wills" I said with a smile.

"Hello my name is Anabelle." she smiled back and shook my hand.

We all sat down around the coffee table and Dereck talked to them but all I could do was glare at Jared and thinking about what a jerk and a liar he was. He smiled at me a few times but only did it because Anabelle was there. I couldn't take much more so I decided to take a break.

"I'll go get some snacks!" I said quickly.

I stood up and Jared's face got a little serious. Dereck was minding his own business and kept talking to Anabelle.

"I'll go help." Jared said.

We walked into the kitchen and I started opening cabinets but I suddenly forgot what I was looking for because my mind was focused on Jared's footsteps behind me.

"Why'd do you come here?" I asked harshly.

"Dereck wanted to meet her." he answered back with the same tone.

I turned around and leaned on the counter with my arms crossed.

"I don't think you have the right to use that tone with me, I'm the one who should be pissed." I shot at him.

"Serene-"

"I don't care, have a happy life with her and I hope you have 56 annoying kids." I said.

"You're so childish." he said chuckling.

Was he laughing at me? If he was or wasn't it still made me angrier. It made me want to get a pan and hit him across the head or something. I got the mini pizza rolls and stuck them in the oven. Dereck told me earlier that Maria was sick so she couldn't cook us something so I might as well just do that. I walked back to the living room and smiled at Dereck and Anabelle.

"I put some pizza rolls to bake in the oven." I assured them.

"So how's Jared in the kitchen?" she asked me.

"He sucks.." I replied.

"Oh...well how long have you known him?" she asked with a frown on her face but it changed as she asked the next question.

"Long enough, it's time I looked for other friends." I replied. I was getting angry.

"Why?" she asked frowning.

"He's a lying, backstabbing -" I began.

"Serene!" Dereck yelled.

I walked out of the house. I was pissed. I wanted them out of my house and thousands of miles apart from me. I hated Jared. I wanted to forget him. A few seconds later Jared walked around the back yard looking for me.

"You really pissed me off Serene" Jared said walking up to me.

"Yeah? well you did worse." I replied.

"Why are you trying to make me look bad in front of her?" he yelled.

"I made you look bad? I was describing the real you." I said.

"You're full of shit." he said. His eyes were angry and those grey eyes looked like they could kill.

"I'm full of shit? No you're full of shit Jared. What the hell? all of a sudden bringing a girl the next day after I told you, your presence hurts me because I have feelings for you?" I yelled.

"My mother arranged this. I don't have feelings for her! Do you think I want to marry at 19? No!" he yelled back.

His mother. Of course. She arranged all of this probably because she's so pretty and "girly".

"Yeah I guess your mother prefers her since she's so girly right? and I'm just a tomboy." I said.

"You really are a kid. You sound like a 10 year old." he said.

I was so angry but what he said made me laugh. He looked confused and was probably wondering why I was laughing all of a sudden. He was probably thinking I was some crazy bipolar girl.

"What are you laughing about?" he asked curious to know.

I got closer to him but he backed away and tipped over the pool. I started laughing even harder and asking myself how this all happened. He started laughing too and asked me to help him but when I grabbed his hand he pushed me to the water with him. I started splashing all over the place.

"Jared stop it!" I yelled.

"Why? I want to see you laugh!" he said laughing.

"Stop I'm choking on pool water!" I said coughing.

The water suddenly became calm and I think Dereck and Anabelle hadn't even noticed because they didn't come outside to see the commotion.

"Are you okay?" Jared asked me.

"Yeah." I replied.

"Serene I want you to believe me. My mother came back and I took her in because she had no one else, and then I sort of regret it because now she thinks she can rule over my life. She arranged a blind date and told me I would be marrying her once I graduate but I don't want to. Believe me." he explained.

I looked at him for a long while, and his face suddenly grew still.

"What?" I asked.

"My...phone" he said not being able to talk.

I began laughing hysterically as his phone was now 6 ft under the water and there was no way it would work now.

"You think it's funny huh?" he said laughing.

We played in the water for a few minutes till we decided it was time to come out.

"So are we okay then? back to normal?" he asked.

"I guess.." I said after a few seconds of not responding.

He hugged me and we both started shivering from how windy it was outside.

"You should uh.." he said trying to look away.

"Huh?" I said noticing where his eyes were pointing.

I looked down to see my white long sleeve that was now see-through due to the water and my polka dotted bras fully exposed. My face became red and I crossed my arms over my chest.

"Stop looking you idiot!" I said loudly.

He started laughing and soon we were both laughing.

"Straighten up and sit properly" he said hitting my back.

"Ow okay!" I said slapping his shoulder.

"Jared?" Anabelle said.

Jared and I both looked back at Anabelle standing there behind us with her eyes wide open.
♠ ♠ ♠
What do you guys think is gonna happen?