Status: Active

Mission Transformation

It so happened

Anabelle was standing behind us. By the look in her eyes I can tell she was shocked to see both Jared and I wet from the pool.

"What's going on?" she asked walking towards Jared.

"Oh nothing we just suddenly fell into the pool." Jared explained.

I can tell she was a little bothered or maybe jealous. I got up quickly and excused myself.

"What the hell are you and Jared doing hugging and all wet?" Dereck said as I walked in.

"We fell into the pool and we hugged because of what I said about him." I replied noticing he saw us.

"Stay away from Jared! He's going to be married soon and you don't want to be in the way." Dereck told me.

"I'm not in the way. Nothing happened between us." I exclaimed.

Dereck walked away and I ran to the bathroom. I took a hot shower and by the time I got out Jared and his "fiance" were gone.

"Where'd they go?" I asked Dereck.

"He took her home." he replied without taking his eyes off of the television.

"Oh I see.." I said walking to the kitchen.

"Serene.." Dereck said in a serious tone.

"Yea?" I said.

"You don't have feelings for Jared do you?" he asked finally looking towards where I was at the kitchen.

I dropped juice all over the counter.

"Damn it." I said under my breath, cleaning it up the mess before it got on the floor.

Dereck got up and walked over to me and helped me out.

"I hope you don't because you'll just end up getting hurt." Dereck said while throwing away the dirty paper towels and walking back to the living room.

I looked to where Dereck was heading back to and mumbled to myself that it already happened and it was too late for that.

*****

There was an early release today at school and I decided to walk by the little bookstore again and finish reading the book "How to make your crush fall in love with you". I got to the little shop and the humble old man greeted me.

"Nice seeing you again young one." he said smiling.

"Nice seeing you too sir." I replied.

I finally finished the book after an hour and decided to leave home early. I got home and I see Dereck talking on the phone again.

"Who is it?" I asked.

"Mom and dad. They said they're okay and they'll come in a week." he said.

"Oh alright" I replied.

I walked off to my bedroom and decided to get on chat with Jared. He was online so I decided to say hello.

"Hey" I wrote.

"Hey yourself." he wrote back.

"How are you and Anabelle?" I said.

"The engagement is off." he said.

Before I could reply he logged off. I was shocked at what he told me. I gathered my stuff and went to his house. I knocked on the door but there was no answer so I had no choice but to walk back home. His car suddenly appeared and he beeped at me.

"Get in" he said.

I quickly jumped in his car and we set off.

"What happened? You suddenly logged off and-"

"I know. I couldn't talk, my mom was there. I broke up the engagement with Anabelle and she also felt like it wasn't going to work. I can't marry a person I don't love or I barely even know." he explained.

"What would your mom say?" I asked.

"I don't know I haven't told her yet." he said.

I looked around and started thinking maybe it was my fault or maybe Anabelle felt something would happen between us.

"I'm sorry Jared, if it's my fault I-"

"Shh it's not your fault Serene. I decided this on my own." he said.

I stared at him for a good while and we stopped at the deserted little park we were in, the other day. We sat there on the benches for a while and I put my head on Jared's shoulder.

"What?" he said chuckling.

"I don't know, I wanted to comfort you." I said.

I looked up and he was smiling. Oh yeah the book was working.

"So if Anabelle is not your fiance anymore then maybe-" I started.

"Serene..don't" he said standing up.

I looked at him and wondered why he kept turning me down. I had changed my way of looking over the days, in fact I was getting used to dressing a little more like a girl. I liked it. I looked more attractive.

"But.." I started.

"I can't Sere-"

I grabbed his shirt and planted a kiss on his lips. His eyes wide open in shock.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ah!!! Let's what's in the next chapter guysssss!